DVDVR Message Board

AEW Double or Nothing - 5/25/2019

14 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

I’m new here. I’m not sure who you think I am but because of this paranoia inaccurate post of yours I got a good glimpse of you being an idiot. 

So what's your twitter, man?

• Haha 2

Double post. Pac vs Page, that was a really solid match.

It didn't seem to be a match that was exceptionally stiff, but Hangman did seem kind of bruised and scratched up at the end. Is that pro-wrestler ring rust? He was obviously in great shape, hitting the athletic spots and power spots and not gassing out, but has not being in the ring for months left his body un-calloused and prone to mat burns?

Edited by AxB

Triple post!

More on Pac vs Page. If the first rule of entertainment is to leave them wanting more, mission accomplished. With a few of Pac's small show matches I've seen (like the one with Penta from Liverpool) you kind of get the feeling that he's... not holding anything back, particularly, but he's maybe saving a little something for a rematch at a bigger show. The exceptions would be the David Starr and Phantasmo matches from Defiant. Starr because it was his first time back in Newcastle for years, and Phantasmo because a) it was an iPPV, and b) There wasn't going to be a rematch because politically you've got a Dragon Gate guy vs a guy who was debuting for NJPW in less than a month. So they went balls out on that one, because like as not it was going to be the only time they ever faced each other.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Can someone explain to me who you all thought I was?

This place is weird..lol!

I haven’t really said anything controversial.

Oh well..

Look up Thibs using the search function and you find all you need to know.

Yes, this place weird, but there's also some very decent and cool people here...for the most part.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

So that was my first look at Hangman Page. He reminds me of a miniaturized Bobby Duncam Jr wrestling like he's Shawn Michaels. 

I have to say it's a weird combo.

Don't be fooled by his size; Page has some hoss strength. I'd check out his match with Jeff Cobb from Final Battle 2018 and his match with Joey Janela from All In. Between his ROH and New Japan work, you have a lot to choose from.

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestler-star-ratings/adam-page-7007.html

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, matt925 said:

Merch preview

Anyone have an idea under the arena exclusives what that bottom right blue shirt is? Looks like Japanese characters?

Why does Jim Ross have a “Jim F’N Ross” shirt? 

And LOL at the fact that even Jericho’s merch has to take a swipe the WWE. 

Edited by JonnyLaw

1 hour ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Can someone explain to me who you all thought I was?

This place is weird..lol!

I haven’t really said anything controversial.

Oh well..

To start, your posts were remarkably similar to someone else's who had been banned twice.

Second, you reacted with the same kind of vitriol the banned individual did when I and others sniffed them out, even though no one said anything nasty to them. Maybe don't jump so quick to calling someone an idiot especially when they said they were sorry if they were wrong.

Third, it's a little strange that you're new here and jumped right into this thread with, again, similar questions or comments that the banned individual had.

It was one of those things where it walked like a duck and quacked like a duck, but it doesn't seem like it's a duck and I highly doubt the other guy would be that crazy to run a Twitter account like yours. He's crazy, but not that crazy.

Like I said, I'm sorry I was wrong, but if you knew the history, well, you'd understand.

Anyway, moving on. If anyone is unfamiliar with Page, then man, you're in for a treat. He's really fucking good with his experience level and he's only getting better. I always thought he was like much more athletic Magnum TA with a cowboy gimmick.

I think they're wise to make him into the future face, but there should be a journey to that place and that journey should eventually go through Cody, Jericho, and Omega.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like the Britt Baker shirt.

That’s the only one of the individual shirts that I really like. Not sure who is designing them but I’m not crazy about any of them, except hers is really cool. 

Thinking about that blue arena exclusive shirt I thought might have Japanese writing, perhaps it’s an owe shirt? That might make more sense. But if it’s related to the ladies tag match and looks good I’ll grab it. 

Yeah, I posted about that (sans the video). I'm not surprised Spears is in AEW, and it's something everyone thought would happen (but bashed the idea of because "WWE cast-off"). But he's in a match on the pre-show, which is... a slight upgrade from what he was doing in WWE. So nothing has really changed, not like they're pushing him to the top of the card. He's in that match to make the newer talent look good, which is the reason they wanted Tyler Breeze too.

@matt925 I'm pretty sure Dana Massie is in charge of the merch. Maybe she has a team behind her now, but she's the head of that division.

Edited by Casey

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Yeah, I posted about that (sans the video). I'm not surprised Spears is in AEW, and it's something everyone thought would happen (but bashed the idea of because "WWE cast-off"). But he's in a match on the pre-show, which is... a slight upgrade from what he was doing in WWE. So nothing has really changed, not like they're pushing him to the top of the card. He's in that match to make the newer talent look good, which is the reason they wanted Tyler Breeze too.

@matt925 I'm pretty sure Dana Massie is in charge of the merch. Maybe she has a team behind her now, but she's the head of that division.

Was Breeze released?

So who will Page be facing at DON?

I brought up the name Jack Hager before but I honestly don’t think they will bring him in for this card.

AEW needs to showcase this brilliant talent they have in Page in their 1st PPV.

I can’t come up with a realistic big name to face Page in this important slot.

Edited by Flair’s Shadow

Moxley would be the best choice. He's the biggest choice for sure, it's his hometown, I trust that he'll be far more motivated outside WWE than he was in it, and it would make for a fantastic match.

The next best choice is for a guy that's already in the company. Troma suggested it too, but Joey Janela is right there and he and Page can dance. The only problem is that this would wind up feeling flat. It wouldn't be that much of a surprise and there's no build for it. If you can't build up an opponent, it makes more sense to go with the bigger surprise, and that would be Moxley.

No on Hager. I think he sucks as a wrestler, he's a mush mouth on the mic, his gimmick is fucking lame, and no one cares about him.

I think if I could pick anyone and have it happen it would be Moxley or someone from NJPW. Tama threw his name out there, but I'd rather have a better worker come in from Bullet Club. Hell, do something really wild where BC shows up, stirs up some shit, and we wind up with Page vs someone from BC. Make it a talent swap since Jericho is likely doing a job over there a couple weeks after DoN.

No on Joey Ryan too. And no on CM Punk. 

I agree it would be a huge win for AEW to get Moxley into the AEW fold for DON but I don’t think Moxley will be a part of the show outside of a run-in with a current scheduled DON match. If AEW were to use Moxley in an actual match vs Page wouldn’t you as a promotion want to announce, or to at least tease it now, to boost PPV buys?

This is not the right spot for Punk. If Punk is actually going to do this with AEW it would be best if they wait it out until their TV programming starts. 

Moxley vs Page would be awesome, no doubt.

But I’m not thinking it’s going to happen at DON, which leaves me really with no names to dance with Page at DON. Hopefully we find out something this week because AEW has teased that they have 1 more announcement for DON.

Edited by Flair’s Shadow

Kazuchika Okada?

Since Jericho is going to Japan 10 days after DON to face Okada maybe we see Okada go over Page at DON with Jericho going over Omega?

What would AEW get in return from New Japan in future booking?

Just spitballing. This is probably my worse idea yet. 

.....or is it?

Edited by Flair’s Shadow