DVDVR Message Board

AEW Double or Nothing - 5/25/2019

12 minutes ago, Zartan said:

Do I need to watch BTE to get this “Hangman Page face of AEW thing”? 

Hangman is full gear ready and he's a horse. He's not actually fat and didn't need the secret stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Relax. 

TV-14 ratings gives AEW a chance to be different than WWE which is the only way they can survive and possibly thrive.

I got WWE & AEW fanboys going after me after every comment I make.

I just want some competition to WWE so it will improve their product. It might not happen though..AEW might be a flop right out of the gate.

We shall see.

Yeah. I know who you are now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Casey said:

You're new here, so I'll clue you in about @West Newbury Bad Boy - he's facetious about 80% of the time.

They ain't new here.

All I'll say is I hope they don't play poker because their tells are very obvious.

And if by chance I'm wrong then I'm sorry, but I think those chances are low.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

They ain't new here.

All I'll say is I hope they don't play poker because their tells are very obvious.

And if by chance I'm wrong then I'm sorry, but I think those chances are low.

I’m new here. I’m not sure who you think I am but because of this paranoia inaccurate post of yours I got a good glimpse of you being an idiot. 

I am not sure if this is new information but Meltzer made a comment in passing on yesterday's (????) radio show - that Double or Nothing will be a 5 hour show (Or at least it is blocked for 5 hours)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am not sure if this is new information but Meltzer made a comment in passing on yesterday's (????) radio show - that Double or Nothing will be a 5 hour show (Or at least it is blocked for 5 hours)

Three hours for a wrestling show is fine when it's a special show.  Five hours is approaching WHEN THE FUCK WILL IT END territory even for good shows.  I think it's because I went to all three days of BOLA 2015.  It took a lot out of me.

• Thanks 1

I don't think there's any way it's 5 hours. I guess it's possible the air the pre-show stuff in the first hour, the PPV stuff in the 2 to 3 hours after that, and then the extra time is just there for overrun. The other possibility is that the show is only 2 to 3 hours and as soon as it ends they start re-running the show in whatever remains for their 5 hour block.

I think that means 1 hour for the pre show and 4 hours blocked for the ppv. I’m fully in the less is more crowd for length of wrestling shows. 4 hours plus a preshow should be your biggest show of the year, although in this case it sort of is. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Craig H said:

And here's the Hangman vs Pac match:

Pretty good shit between them and it makes me bummed it isn't happening this weekend.

I just finished watching the match. Great stuff. Hangman Page will become a mega superstar in AEW. He’s got money written all over him.

I don’t think there is real bad heat between PAC and AEW after watching this match. I think it’s a case of bad timing between the 2 parties which should have been sorted before 1 week until DON.

Dam good wrestling between PAC & Page. This match is another reminder to me why AEW made the correct decision to go to 20 x 20 ring. The ring was too small in size for the match. Put these two guys in a 20 x 20 ring with great production value I believe AEW will provide and we get great pro wrestling. 

Well done.

My mom is torn on whether or not to do Memorial Day stuff on either a Saturday or Sunday (scheduling conflicts on the actual day for some of the invited people)  I without hesitation said Sunday was good so I can still see the show.  But if it ends up being Saturday then I guess no viewing party for me.  Luckily I did email B/R Live support and they confirmed that I'll have access to the live show and the replay.  So even if I have to watch it Sunday I'll be in good shape so long as I don't check out here or Twitter first.

I just got done watching Page vs. Pac and really enjoyed it, finish aside. It was cool to hear how over Page was with a UK crowd. That could have been the MOTN in an ideal situation at Double or Nothing with five more minutes for the finish. I hope we get a rematch after Pac loses the Open the Dream Gate title. 

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I've heard the Dusty finish on the Road Warriors killed Chicago for Crockett.  I'd stay away from that at all costs right now. 

especially on the company's first ppv

Wait for the tv show if you're gonna do a Dusty finish.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie