DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] MAY 2019 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In Googling around - and lord knows I really don't understand this - is Dynamic Bench Press helps athletes become more explosive

It is also becoming more popular because not everyone could handle to doing multiple "lift as much as you fucking can" sessions in a week. (Which seems why this would be good for like the tinier women)

I've done a little more digging.  The dynamic bench press was a challenge of how explosively you can lift your own body weight.  So everyone got their exact body weight on the bar and did 3 reps as quickly as possible.  It is a way to determine explosive strength relative to size.

This is a fun event, and I looked up some previous results.  In 2017 women did 75 lb. bench press and Bianca Belair did 51 fucking reps.  The craziest thing was that guy Babatunde who is 6'9" and well over 300 lbs. did a 3 reps on 398 lb. weighted pull-up.  That is insane.  Eric Bugenhagen did a 760 lb. deadlift coming off a pretty serious knee injury, but apparently that is an off day for him.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I've said it before, but their interactions remind me of me and my cousin.  They have a goofy chemistry that makes them feel like they have a legitimate friendship that goes deeper than their tag team partnership.  Even some of the in-ring stuff feels uniquely young, black, and from a neighborhood where your homeboys are your support system.  For instance, when Ford is playing face-in-peril and Dawkings comes in to break up a pin or stop a double team and he kind of stands between Ford and their opponents in a "if you want him you have to get through me" stance.  The most important part of their team is that it is unapologetically young, black, and hood, but never in a way that is criminal, unintelligent, or negative in any way.  They are just two black dudes who have each other's back no matter what...I fully expect this to go all the way left when they get called up.  

• Like 5

On 5/28/2019 at 4:08 AM, turk128 said:

You know, NXT is pretty freakin awesome.

I also realize part of why I love NXT so much is that things don't overstay their welcome... and if they do, they always change.

Where can I watch this version of NXT that doesn't have Johnny Gargano? It sounds intriguing. 

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

I've said it before, but their interactions remind me of me and my cousin.  They have a goofy chemistry that makes them feel like they have a legitimate friendship that goes deeper than their tag team partnership.  Even some of the in-ring stuff feels uniquely young, black, and from a neighborhood where your homeboys are your support system.  For instance, when Ford is playing face-in-peril and Dawkings comes in to break up a pin or stop a double team and he kind of stands between Ford and their opponents in a "if you want him you have to get through me" stance.  The most important part of their team is that it is unapologetically young, black, and hood, but never in a way that is criminal, unintelligent, or negative in any way.  They are just two black dudes who have each other's back no matter what...I fully expect this to go all the way left when they get called up.  

I'd expect Cryme Tyme when they called up.