DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] MAY 2019 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I was at the Philly show tonight. Great fun.

Robert Strauss had a sorta real estate house flipping seminar host character. The Moss/other guy tag name were called The Outliers.

Big surprise of the night was Punishment Martínez getting a win over Keith Lee. That match started as sort of a comedy match but got super hot at the end.

Gulak/Kushida was a submissions match. They are also running Gulak/Bro at Evolve in a few weeks. I thought it was kind of boring live but that was just more not my cup of tea.

The Undisputed Era (with new graphics) beat 1-2. It looked like Bobby Fish got hurt somehow and the match ended pretty abruptly.

Io/Candace took on the non-Shayna Horsewomen. Decent match.

Shayna best Kacy Catanzaro in a really fun underdog match.  Kacy has some incredible spots. Shayna is so good at looking like a vulnerable bully.

Main event was a triple threat between Velveteen Dream/Adam Cole and Bro. Dream won. The crowd (not surprisingly) loved that match. Dream was also the biggest star of the night reaction wise. 

• Like 2

Doing a quick scan on Twitter - it appears that Fish was injured after taking a kick to the face and suffered (most likely) a concussion

I believe they announced last night that the EVOLVE 10th anniversary show in Philly was going to have Drew Gulak vs Matt Riddle.   If it is anything like their TV match then that should be great

I figure that this will be the lineup for the NXT fake Baltimore show as well with maybe one change.  

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Doing a quick scan on Twitter - it appears that Fish was injured after taking a kick to the face and suffered (most likely) a concussion

Sucks for him if that's true. He really hasn't been able to build much for himself since signing, probably just has too many miles on him at this point. Has Fish ever done any training? He might be better served in a coach role at this point.

11 hours ago, hammerva said:

I believe they announced last night that the EVOLVE 10th anniversary show in Philly was going to have Drew Gulak vs Matt Riddle.   If it is anything like their TV match then that should be great

I figure that this will be the lineup for the NXT fake Baltimore show as well with maybe one change.  

It was pretty much the same show but it was so goddamn good. I loved the shit out of Punishment/Lee and we were shocked at the result. That somehow needs to be a Takeover match though I would shave off 5 minutes. And the women's tag match ended in a double count out when they all fought outside. It was extremely wild and everybody ate that shit up. But I'll say that Bel Air did not deserve this kind of show. 

NXT TakeOver: WarGames is officially returning this November.

Ahead of tickets going on sale, WWE has announced that NXT's Survivor Series weekend special in Rosemont, Illinois will be branded as TakeOver: WarGames and will feature a WarGames match. The show is taking place at the Allstate Arena on Saturday, November 23.

Tickets for TakeOver: WarGames will go on sale to the general public this Friday (May 24) at 10 a.m. Central time. The pre-sale will begin at 10 a.m. Central this Wednesday (May 22).

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I swear I thought they already announced WarGames happening at the November TakeOver.

I think it was more it was on that leaked list of events than officially announced

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Dave is saying that it looks like the main event of the Summerslam Takeover will be 

Hide contents

The winner of Gargano/Cole vs Riddle

That doesn't really interest me at all, but it makes sense.

• Like 1