DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Okay seriously NOW you have to fire Davey Martinez right.  I mean that Nats are going to get swept by the Mets.  What are they waiting for a sweep by the Marlins 

By this measure Ron Gardenhire should be out on his ass in a few minutes.  

Woo. 

That Nats and Marlins have the same amount of losses

Only reason Washington is ahead in the standings is because they have played more games - which all happen to be wins

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

Okay seriously NOW you have to fire Davey Martinez right.  I mean that Nats are going to get swept by the Mets.  What are they waiting for a sweep by the Marlins 

They should also fire GM Rizzo at this point.

(And of course somehow I've become a fan of two of the worst teams in baseball.  I really need to stop paying attention to DC sports teams)

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Somehow, the twins have best record right now. 

They've been pretty amazing thus far.

Which means it's just going to hurt that much more when we get to October and they job to the Yankees in the playoffs. Again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bill Buckner has died at the age of 69

My grandfather taught him how to play ball. He always said his older brother was better. ?

My 4th grade teacher also had him in her class. She kept one of his baseball cards pinned to her wall in the classroom.

"Barry Bonds getting intentionally walked with the bases loaded" is now old enough to buy a beer.

And of course, good reminder, this happened because Buck is a psycho, and Brett Mayne sucked..

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

What a fucking dick. 

Man, the contortions he took to make Bill's death all about him. Remarkable. 

• Like 3