DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - MAY

Dolfan in NYC

Kris Bryant is pretty sure his new Axe Bat is the main reason he's gone absolutely berserk at the plate since late April (reached base in 18 straight games, with a 1.077 OPS ).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Missed this the other day:

joey Gallo is first player to have 100 HR before getting 100 singles. 

Also fastest player in AL history to 100 homers. 

So Ben Zobrist has been on the IL with an undisclosed issue for a little bit now. No one really knew what it was for, but the speculation was that he was being divorced.

My friend has to do background searches for his job and was able to find out this morning by searching Cook county's online case files that Zobrist's wife filed for divorce.

Sucks for them. I know they appeared to be really close and would do a lot for the community. They've also been together since high school or something and Zobrist is 38 now. That's a long ass time to be together and then just end your marriage. Who knows how long he'll be out for.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Yankees have acquired Kendrys Morales. I'm so.sorry Rippa. 

Hey - Cameron Maybin has been panning out. Maybe lightning will strike twice.

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

So Ben Zobrist has been on the IL with an undisclosed issue for a little bit now. No one really knew what it was for, but the speculation was that he was being divorced.

My friend has to do background searches for his job and was able to find out this morning by searching Cook county's online case files that Zobrist's wife filed for divorce.

Sucks for them. I know they appeared to be really close and would do a lot for the community. They've also been together since high school or something and Zobrist is 38 now. That's a long ass time to be together and then just end your marriage. Who knows how long he'll be out for.

Just to clarify - he is on the restricted list not the IL

You can't be on the IL when you aren't injured

From BR

The Restricted list is a compendium of players who are out of organized baseball but are not free agents. A team can request that a player be placed on the restricted list if that player has left the team without a valid reason, or has announced his intention to retire but is still of an age or level of skill that could allow him to return to professional baseball in the future. In effect, the team states that it retains rights to the player if and when he becomes active again. The list is also used to place a player who is unavailable to play for non-baseball reasons, such as personal issues or trouble with the law.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hey - Cameron Maybin has been panning out. Maybe lightning will strike twice.

I'd include our now starting 3B Gio Urshela and say maybe lightning will strike three times. Morales had his first Yankees hit in his first game; not a bad start.

It appears that the Cubs and Cards will play in the London Series in 2020

So at this pace - I expect the Dodgers and Giants to be the 2021 teams

Per multiple reports - Mickey Callaway is not long for this world as Mets manager with getting swept by the Marlins seen as the final straw

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 3:05 PM, RIPPA said:

It appears that the Cubs and Cards will play in the London Series in 2020

So at this pace - I expect the Dodgers and Giants to be the 2021 teams

Coming in 2042, London welcomes Miami and Tampa.

• Haha 1

The London games will be played on turf (MLB determined they don't have enough time each year to install real grass)

It will be the first time a Yanks/Red Sox game will be played on turf

So Gleyber Torres has two home runs tonight (the Yanks have 5 so far tonight because that is all the Orioles do - give up HRs)

He has 12 on the year. 10 - TEN - of them have been against the Orioles

He has 4 career 2 homer games - all this season - all against the Orioles

On 5/21/2019 at 7:39 AM, RIPPA said:

The London games will be played on turf (MLB determined they don't have enough time each year to install real grass)

It will be the first time a Yanks/Red Sox game will be played on turf

I sure can't wait for those 7 hour, 30 combined runs game...