DVDVR Message Board

SUPER SHOW-DOWN II - June 7

RIPPA

In terms of wrestling I am 100 times more offended that we are getting Rollins vs Baron Corbin at the next PPV.  Seriously what the fuck

Taker vs Goldberg was just terrible but also extremely entertaining.  Way more than his Triple H matches there where it was going 20-30 minutes whether there is a broken body part of not.  Lots of accidentally shooting with that vicious tombstone and even more dangerous jackhammer.   Also nice to see Goldberg going to the Shane McMahon school of MMA with whatever that leg/knee/ankle lock was.  

I know that it was legit 95% in the ring but when are we going to get to the point when we worry that Shane is going to die in the ring.  Hell given how red face and sweaty he gets before the match he may drop dead when the bell hits.  

Loved the Singh brothers basically crowd surfing there way to the first 2 eliminations.  Of course it wouldn't be a Singh match if one of them lands right on their neck.  Disappointed by the lack of 24/7 title opportunities in the match.  Hell I am not sure if R-Truth there was so many people there.   Also more Authors of Pain vs Viking Raiders please

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

WMXXX should have been the end. The streak was all he had left. Streak ends, no need to continue. 

I agree with this one hundred percent! It's sad to say it, but it really feels like he has lost the mystique.

• Like 1

Just now, #BlueJustice said:

I agree with this one hundred percent! It's sad to say it, but it really feels like he has lost the mystique.

Watching clips of him not being able to do his basic shit is both funny and sad. 

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

In terms of wrestling I am 100 times more offended that we are getting Rollins vs Baron Corbin at the next PPV.  Seriously what the fuck

Taker vs Goldberg was just terrible but also extremely entertaining.  Way more than his Triple H matches there where it was going 20-30 minutes whether there is a broken body part of not.  Lots of accidentally shooting with that vicious tombstone and even more dangerous jackhammer.   Also nice to see Goldberg going to the Shane McMahon school of MMA with whatever that leg/knee/ankle lock was.  

I know that it was legit 95% in the ring but when are we going to get to the point when we worry that Shane is going to die in the ring.  Hell given how red face and sweaty he gets before the match he may drop dead when the bell hits.  

Loved the Singh brothers basically crowd surfing there way to the first 2 eliminations.  Of course it wouldn't be a Singh match if one of them lands right on their neck.  Disappointed by the lack of 24/7 title opportunities in the match.  Hell I am not sure if R-Truth there was so many people there.   Also more Authors of Pain vs Viking Raiders please

I would bet he's going to. His wife might want to sit him down and express those concerns.

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

WMXXX should have been the end. The streak was all he had left. Streak ends, no need to continue. 

I slightly disagree. The two rematches he had with Lesnar were worth sticking around for. The few matches he did between Mania 30-33 were a fine retirement tour, including a brief reunion with Kane and the best send-off he could have hoped for at Mania 33 (as opposed to just the raw shock of 30).

Everything after that... well, I'm sure the money's good. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would bet he's going to. His wife might want to sit him down and express those concerns.

I still don't understand why Shane is still wrestling and what's going on with him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I slightly disagree. The two rematches he had with Lesnar were worth sticking around for. The few matches he did between Mania 30-33 were a fine retirement tour, including a brief reunion with Kane and the best send-off he could have hoped for at Mania 33 (as opposed to just the raw shock of 30).

Everything after that... well, I'm sure the money's good. 

I could have done without Bray getting buried at WM31 and the Wyatt Family, primarily Harper and Rowan, getting buried by Taker and Kane at Survivor Series. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I could have done without Bray getting buried at WM31 and the Wyatt Family, primarily Harper and Rowan getting buried by Taker and Kane at Survivor Series. 

High-profile matches with legends and plenty of mic time to build them aren't really burials. They're pretty much the opposite. 

Not as memorable as Crown Jewel, but a solid overall show before the unfortunate ending. Sounds like Goldberg got concussed and the match fell apart from there. Guess the finish was supposed to be Goldberg trying the Tombstone and Taker reversing into his own before they fell and Taker just went with the chokeslam. Mansoor's win would've been cooler if he actually did more in the match. I legit didn't see him until over halfway through. But a great pop for his win. Really enjoyed HHH/Orton as a slower more methodical match and Shane/Roman was fun if a bit shorter than expected. Kofi/Dolph was weak, hopefully the steel cage rematch is better.

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I still don't understand why Shane is still wrestling and what's going on with him. 

Cocaine, helluva drug.

I'm only half-kidding when I say Shane's family wants him to croak in the ring. Probably got a sweet insurance policy on him that doubles if he dies accidently.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

High-profile matches with legends and plenty of mic time to build them aren't really burials. They're pretty much the opposite. 

Those matches were essentially squashes. They didn't help the Wyatt Family.

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I should actually point out that the crowd's reaction with kids crying and everyone going wild to Mansoor's win in the battle royal was an amazing moment and would probably be awesome to see a country backing one of their own like that...if that country wasn't Saudi Arabia.

Nope, it was still a really cool moment. Don't put the actions of their government on the shoulders of the average joe. If we were doing that, Americans would have a lot to answer for. Doubly so because Americans get to choose their numbskulls.

• Like 4

As a fan, I agree Taker should've hung it up after either of those two logical end points (I mean more towards 33 because the SummerSlam and HIAC matches with Brock were awesome) but I know Dave said Taker doesn't have as much money as you'd think, had some investments go bad, etc and needs the money from doing these things.

Problem is, he's looking increasingly unsafe. I think maybe it's time he stops having matches, and does more stuff like he did with Elias the night after Mania. Don't give him time to blow up and not be able to lift guys properly. Retire the tombstone and just use the chokeslam, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

As a fan, I agree Taker should've hung it up after either of those two logical end points (I mean more towards 33 because the SummerSlam and HIAC matches with Brock were awesome) but I know Dave said Taker doesn't have as much money as you'd think, had some investments go bad, etc and needs the money from doing these things.

Then just give him the fucking money. For what he’s done for that company, he more than deserves it. Stop making an old man dance for it to satisfy a blood thirsty monster, and the Saudi Royal Family.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Then just give him the fucking money. For what he’s done for that company, he more than deserves it. Stop making an old man dance for it to satisfy a blood thirsty monster, and the Saudi Royal Family.

If they wouldn't do that for Vickie Guerrero, I certainly don't see it being done for Taker. I was primarily watching the indies at that time, but I never felt like booing Vickie Guerrero or buying into her heel character. It's Eddie's fucking widow. She still a family to support, just put her on the payroll. Why turn her into a character to make her essentially sing for her family's supper?

On 6/5/2019 at 3:26 AM, hammerva said:

I really hope they try to explain how Seth Rollins was hospitalized on Monday and yet can somehow fly about 15 hours for a show on Friday

Also Corbin is going to lose like such a loser on Friday.  He is either going to lose to Seth who was destroyed on Monday or win only to get destroyed by Brock in about 30 seconds after that.

As an independent contractor Rollins doesn't have insurance. The hospital evicted him as soon as he was able to stand up.

• Haha 3