DVDVR Message Board

SUPER SHOW-DOWN II - June 7

RIPPA

1 minute ago, tbarrie said:

Pro wrestling would totally use the name "Stanley Cupp" for a guy with a hockey gimmick.

They should have for Bill Irwin instead of The Goon.

Speaking of lazy sports related ring names:

Bam Neely = Cam Neely

Kenny Dykstra = Lenny Dykstra

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1

If this show got cancelled, old school DVDVR would have loads of people posting Super Show DOWN~!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hey, I actually found something positive about this show!  The hype video for Goldberg/'Taker had a pretty cool mashup of their themes that I liked.  So at least there's that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Kevin Owens has apparently told WWE he does not want to participate in the Saudi show. 

Good. 

Talking about that in the Smackdown thread. Daniel Bryan started it all, now KO with John Cena. Sami Zayn wasn't wanted. Women aren't allowed. 

The Reigns match is most likely turning into Reigns vs. Shane/Drew McIntyre

Also - Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler for the SDL Title has been added to the show

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also - Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler for the SDL Title has been added to the show

And lo, WWE decided that in accepting this tainted money, they shall punish the whole of the world.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Kevin Owens has apparently told WWE he does not want to participate in the Saudi show. 

Good. 

Daniel Bryan as well.

EDIT: Aleister Black too apparently.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

The 50 man battle royal is supposed to be a battle royal and not a Royal Rumble match, right? How do you even start a match with 50 guys in the ring. Also at this rate if people say they won't go, will they have 50 people?

18 hours ago, Casey said:

Daniel Bryan as well.

EDIT: Aleister Black too apparently.

Yeah, they said on  WO that Black's tattoos would offend the Saudis over there so he's basically not allowed for that reason.  But at least he gets to spend more time with Zelina which I would think is preferable over going to that fucking country.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

The 50 man battle royal is supposed to be a battle royal and not a Royal Rumble match, right? How do you even start a match with 50 guys in the ring. Also at this rate if people say they won't go, will they have 50 people?

The way WWE Rumbles treat guys going out of the ring under the top rope and coming back in, I'm assuming about half the field is going to brawl to the floor and find their way back in as the field dissipates.