DVDVR Message Board

SUPER SHOW-DOWN II - June 7

RIPPA

It has been officially announced.

It will air live on the WWE Network

It will be from Jeddah (where Greatest Royal Rumble took place)

Advertised: Goldberg, Roman Reigns, The Undertaker, Kofi Kingston, Braun Strowman, Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, and Brock Lesnar.

Not Advertised: Women

https://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article/wwe-superstars-return-to-jeddah-june-2019

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Robert s said:

Do the Saudis know that Goldberg is Jewish? I assume for them it's better than being Shiite (or a woman).

Probably just the one Saudi Royal Family member who is ghost booking these shows knows. I wouldn’t be surprised his dad finds out down the line, and has him executed for it.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I have a really hard time believing that Bill would do this show (for the obvious reasons), coupled with the fact that from all I've heard, he doesn't really need the money. I won't say that he's got more than he could spend in a lifetime, but he even when out of wrestling he was really smart about guest appearances on various TV shows and conventions and what have you, certainly not a case of a broke, old wrestler needing a payday. Oh, and lest I forget...

Fuck Saudi Arabia

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Robert s said:

Do the Saudis know that Goldberg is Jewish? I assume for them it's better than being Shiite (or a woman).

They must know Paul Heyman is Jewish as well.

It can't be stated enough, fuck Saudi Arabia.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Not Advertised: Women

They're missing out if they don't book The Man!

Also, I haven''t been following news lately.  Has anyone (meaning Meltzer, most likely) said what the nature of Daniel Bryan's injury is?

Just now, Doc Townsend said:

They're missing out if they don't book The Man!

Also, I haven''t been following news lately.  Has anyone (meaning Meltzer, most likely) said what the nature of Daniel Bryan's injury is?

I believe it's the sort which will prevent him from performing on this show. 

Well, I guess I don't need to say those three words since a few of you gents have that covered (especially seeing Dolfan's point which does have a point).  But I do find myself in a very negative state of mind when the Saudi shows come up.  Which is why despite what Meltz says about the ratings hurting the business I take almost a sense of glee out of knowing that people are tuning out en masse.  It's almost like a weird sense of karma.

I will say that one thing that helps is creating the Saudi Prince in a game like Fire Pro.  Did that last show and while I can't say it's a spot-on creation it does the job when I feel like destroying him in deathmatches.  It's oddly cathartic and helps when shows from there are coming up.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have they ever said how much the Saudi's pony up for the big name talent to go to these shows? Like I would love to know how much Goldberg is getting for this show. I mean, it's gonna be the typical Goldberg match. So maybe two minutes tops. That's got to be an insane amount of money just to fly him over for that.

34 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Have they ever said how much the Saudi's pony up for the big name talent to go to these shows? Like I would love to know how much Goldberg is getting for this show. I mean, it's gonna be the typical Goldberg match. So maybe two minutes tops. That's got to be an insane amount of money just to fly him over for that.

No official number but HBK basically said he couldn't turn down the offer to get him out of retirement. It's estimated that WWE is getting approximately $50M per show so I wouldn't be shocked if some of the big names are offered high six or even seven figures. 

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Brock/Shane v Goldberg/Miz

Real talk, that match could actually be a ton of fun if they kept it simple and didn't over book it.

Edited by Web Conn
  • Like 1

Blood Money 3 : Still men only, nothing weird about that at all, nope.

I hope the rich dudes in the front few rows sit and chat through every match disinterestedly.  Always adds to the traditional Blood Money atmosphere.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3