DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

2 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Uh, technically we're IN the South. 

Speak for yourself. I live in the Southwest. I spent a good part of my childhood in some of the more rural areas of Florida...and Flagler Beach...and I can definitely say it is a nice place to visit.

• Like 2

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I spent a week in Vegas once. If I ever go again, I'd like to do the drive from Vegas to LA.

Pick me up in Gallup. We'll load up the oxygen tanks and make a road trip of it!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OSJ said:

4 or 5 times at the Masonic Temple in Seattle and a few times in Portland. Always a great worker who could get the most out of whoever he was matched with. 

Haha ...it's not like Greg Gagne was chopped liver. But yeah, Adonis was great.

Just now, Execproducer said:

If you don't mind sleeping on a couch...or mind my cats...you can both crash at my place.

Gracias! Considering that we have 11 cats, I don't see your feline friends as a problem, rather more an extra benefit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Pick me up in Gallup. We'll load up the oxygen tanks and make a road trip of it!

My lawyer is advising me to rent a convertible and pick up a lot of illegal substances and alcohol for the trip. He's a weird Samoan guy.

• Haha 7

I must say, this is some of the best thread derailing that we've done in a long time. Even better that we're doing it on a Friday night when the Board is loaded with guests (yeah, we can see you...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My lawyer is advising me to rent a convertible and pick up a lot of illegal substances and alcohol for the trip. He's a weird Samoan guy.

Been there, done all of that except the adrenochrome.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I must say, this is some of the best thread derailing that we've done in a long time. Even better that we're doing it on a Friday night when the Board is loaded with guests (yeah, we can see you...)

and it can all be brought back to wrestling with AEW or WM9 or Halloween Havoc

AEW could have booked the T-Moible Arena after all.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

and it can all be brought back to wrestling with AEW or WM9 or Halloween Havoc

True dat. Should serve to somewhat dim Rippa's ire when he sees the thread tomorrow morning.

Edited by OSJ
  • Haha 2

On 5/1/2019 at 1:05 PM, Tromatagon said:

Looks like part of Ivory's hair.  They probably needed someone holding the belt super fast or something.

Stephanie was champion like 2 months by this point. Could be the same render used for Wrestlemania that year.

Since it was brought up, Knoxville has the most restaurants per capita of any city in the country. There is absolutely authentic Greek, Chinese, and Italian here. There are, however, several reasons not related to food or cost of living that this can be a very difficult place to live - such as the recycling center that went up in flames amid explosions a block from my house this week. (Nothing damaged but the lungs I already clearly don't give a shit about)

But I digress. Restaurants!

o.jpg

mean+gene+burger.jpg

slamburgers2.jpg

199WOcV.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Well, Spain and Mexico aren't the same thing, so...

In the summer of 2010, we had a high school exchange student from Spain at our house. We sat down to watch one of Spain's World Cup games. Our student's English was very good, but I thought he might find it a treat to hear Spanish language commentary, so I tuned in the game on Univision. After ten minutes, he asked me to switch to the English channel because he couldn't understand a word they were saying.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Execproducer said:

FTFY. Dude was never skinny.

Fair enough.

11 hours ago, OSJ said:

You are looking at the famed East/West Connection, a short-lived tag-team of Adonis and Ventura. Pretty decent, considering that Adonis had to do all the work as Jesse not only ripped-off Superst*r Billy Graham's look, mannerisms, but also copied his workrate. Those who only recall Adonis after his weight ballooned still can see what a great worker he was, now imagine how good he was at his ideal weight. If he'd kept the weight off, we might be talking top-five of the 1970s-1980s. Same can be said of Playboy Buddy Rose. We had it pretty good here in the Northwest.

Is there any indication what happened that made Adonis gain weight like that? Same with Rose... did they just stop caring or was it injuries or anything like that? I've seen some stuff and they were both great workers and while with both it became an ironic part of their characters, it's still odd to me. I know that some guys (including myself) gain weight as we get older but their weight gains were pretty drastic...

Apparently if you learn Spanish Spanish, and then you go to Latin America, it's like when a  North American person meets a Brit who talks like Prince Charles (dialect wise, as well as accent wise. "One would very much enjoy such" instead of  "I'd like that" and so on).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OSJ said:

You are looking at the famed East/West Connection, a short-lived tag-team of Adonis and Ventura. Pretty decent, considering that Adonis had to do all the work as Jesse not only ripped-off Superst*r Billy Graham's look, mannerisms, but also copied his workrate. Those who only recall Adonis after his weight ballooned still can see what a great worker he was, now imagine how good he was at his ideal weight. If he'd kept the weight off, we might be talking top-five of the 1970s-1980s. Same can be said of Playboy Buddy Rose. We had it pretty good here in the Northwest.

I preferred the North/South Connection of Adonis and Dick Murdoch. They worked well together and the bits they did in WWF, specifically on TNT were comedic gold.

Well, with Adonis and Murdoch you have two great workers. With Adonis and Ventura you have one great worker and a useless slug. No real comparison. That Adonis could make a tag match with Ventura watchable is a testament to how good he really was.

1 hour ago, chanandlerbong said:

Fair enough.

Is there any indication what happened that made Adonis gain weight like that? Same with Rose... did they just stop caring or was it injuries or anything like that? I've seen some stuff and they were both great workers and while with both it became an ironic part of their characters, it's still odd to me. I know that some guys (including myself) gain weight as we get older but their weight gains were pretty drastic...

Well, try this regimen: Bulk up and get cut by spending hours a day at the gym. Say you go from 215 to 240 after a period of a few months. Well done! Now start driving around the Northwest (B.C., AB, WA., OR.,  and even Northern Cali) eating cheeseburgers and fries and staying up to all hours partying and see what happens. Did I mention skipping those gym visits? Yeah, it won't end well.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Well, with Adonis and Murdoch you have two great workers. With Adonis and Ventura you have one great worker and a useless slug. No real comparison. That Adonis could make a tag match with Ventura watchable is a testament to how good he really was.

A combination of Ventura/Murdoch would intrigue me.

3 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

A combination of Ventura/Murdoch would intrigue me.

Much the same way the idea of being bitten by a cobra intrigues me, yes, I find the idea interesting in the abstract but I doubt that given the opportunity I'd really want to go through with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2