DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

34 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The railroad spike isn't used enough in wrestling.

DXp2Lg2X4AAccBQ.jpg

It's been perfected though, right?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

When did Undertaker and Warrior have a casket match? I Only saw that bodybag thingy

I'll just wade in here before DZ continues his tourette's-esque posting of random pictures. They did a bunch of bodybag matches on house shows then this was the kind-of-blowoff:

In the UK we saw Warrior being locked in the casket on Superstars (up there with the snake chewing on Macho Man for mentally scarring me as an 8 year old) and then for all intents and purposes that was it, no feud or big match as we only got the PPVs. Which kinda sucked! 

Anyway, as you were.

27 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

I'll just wade in here before DZ continues his tourette's-esque posting of random pictures. They did a bunch of bodybag matches on house shows then this was the kind-of-blowoff:

In the UK we saw Warrior being locked in the casket on Superstars (up there with the snake chewing on Macho Man for mentally scarring me as an 8 year old) and then for all intents and purposes that was it, no feud or big match as we only got the PPVs. Which kinda sucked! 

Anyway, as you were.

Just think, if Warrior never left, Taker would not be the three decade phenomenon that he ended up being. Even being a former World wouldn’t have saved the gimmick, because Warrior would’ve been pared with the monsters during the early 90’s.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Just think, if Warrior never left, Taker would not be the three decade phenomenon that he ended up being. Even being a former World wouldn’t have saved the gimmick, because Warrior would’ve been pared with the monsters during the early 90’s.

You say that like it's an absolute given, but the only monster heel Warrior was paired with for the entirety of his career was Taker. If you're being very generous, maybe Papa Shango. The Hogan/Taker monster formula was never used on Warrior. Not during the World title reign and not in 96 for the return. 

More interesting is who would Taker have been paired with for Wrestlemania 8 and would the streak be in tact? Trust me, the nixed Jake the Snake v Warrior programme would have had its blow-off there. Was a Taker face turn always on the cards or was it as a result of Warrior leaving?

Edited by CreativeControl
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

You say that like it's an absolute given, but the only monster heel Warrior was paired with for the entirety of his career was Taker. If you're being very generous, maybe Papa Shango. The Hogan/Taker monster formula was never used on Warrior. Not during the World title reign and not in 96 for the return. 

Well if he’s feuding with Taker, then they might have been in beginning stages of that process. But then yeah, after this they were transitioning into the feud with Roberts. So him going back into a feud with dudes around his size was how they mostly saw the Warrior. 

7 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

More interesting is who would Taker have been paired with for Wrestlemania 8 and would the streak be in tact? Trust me, the nixed Jake the Snake v Warrior programme would have had its blow-off there. Was a Taker face turn always on the cards or was it as a result of Warrior leaving?

Good what-if? I'm reminded about the talk/rumours Undertaker's WrestleMania Streak ending:

vs. Randy Orton at WrestleMania 21 in Legend vs. Legend Killer.

Kurt Angle WrestleMania 22 but that match happened at No Way Out 2006 instead, Mark Henry at said WrestleMania.

Batista from WrestleMania 23. 

Edited by The Natural