DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

58 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Shit, don't even know who most of those bands are

Wow, really? I figured you'd know most of them. Surprisingly, I knew more than I thought I would. Some of them get a good amount of play on Sirius XM's Liquid Metal. Most of the ones I didn't know were the Finnish folk metal bands and the Swiss folk metal band.

I love the Tom Savini and George A. Romero shirts. The Romero shirt being in the style of the famous Ramones shirt is a nice touch.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

The more of us watch MLW Fusion, the more of us come here and say "I watched MLW and I really liked the show", which makes more people on the board want to check it out. How long before we get our first "I watched MLW and I thought it was terrible" post? Because across the whole board there's a real smorgasbord of opinions of what is and is not good wrestling. Someone's bound to not like it sooner or later.

I watched a couple episodes and thought it was okay.  There are a couple guys like Sami Callihan who I have no desire to watch but other than that it was well put together. 

So,  "Lars Sullivan fined a $100,000"  I'm supposed to believe they fined him an entire year's salary? 

20 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So,  "Lars Sullivan fined a $100,000"  I'm supposed to believe they fined him an entire year's salary? 

Honestly, especially given there's proof that Sullivan may have talked through his comments before it recently blew up, I'd assume the real answer...

Sullivan goes out to supermarket with one of the people in charge...

"Wow. I'm hungry. That delicious Nestle candy bar over there sounds like it'll hit the spot. All that caramel and rice crispies...sure would taste good by now. Buy it for me, Lars?"

"You're richer than me..."

"I STRONGLY suggest you buy it for me."

Sullivan buys it.

"Great. Consider that your fine for your comments. We'll report that we fined you 100 Grand. But...you have to go to sensitivity training."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, AxB said:

The more of us watch MLW Fusion, the more of us come here and say "I watched MLW and I really liked the show", which makes more people on the board want to check it out. How long before we get our first "I watched MLW and I thought it was terrible" post? Because across the whole board there's a real smorgasbord of opinions of what is and is not good wrestling. Someone's bound to not like it sooner or later.

I occasionally catch a few matches on Fusion here and there and find them to be generally enjoyable. How's that for a contrary take?! 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

I have watched MLW in fits and starts, mostly just for Filthy Tom. I watched this past week's episode. I'm going to try and watch some more and catch up on stuff I missed.

All I can say is that I like the production value more than ROH, I might like the commentary more than ROH, but the in ring stuff looked kinda iffy from the one episode I watched. This also feels weird to say, but Impact might have one of the best "looks" judging from more recent episodes. It looks really sharp and I like the venue they're in. I like it in the way that I liked LU's venue. They both feel like stages from a video game, like one is the underground temple stage, another is the nightclub stage, etc.

NXT is still my overall favorite, but sometimes the crowds can sound dead silent depending on when that episode was taped.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This also feels weird to say, but Impact might have one of the best "looks" judging from more recent episodes. It looks really sharp and I like the venue they're in. I like it in the way that I liked LU's venue. They both feel like stages from a video game, like one is the underground temple stage, another is the nightclub stage, etc.

I wouldn't give Impact too much credit for how their Toronto shows the last couple years look on TV.  That room does most of the heavy lifting.

rebel-toronto.jpg

20161022-rebel2048-01.jpg?w=2048&cmd=res

13 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I mean LU looked like a shitty old factory because it was a shitty old factory - scouting the proper location is just as important as building something yourself.

You make a fair point.

I know it was brought up here a while back that people miss buildings with distinct looks. So at the very least, kudos to Impact for doing their part. 

Smackdown is staying 2 hours, will be live on fridays. Produced by Fox to have a sports like presentation. Still will be entertainment based booking wise but will be reportedly low on the comedy, and more athleticism..which doesn't really mean more flips.