DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

8 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Not even close.

Hide contents

"That's great shit!"

freak-n-machine.png

The scene that didn't make the cut was actually HHH pulling his pudding covered dick out from a jaggedly cut hole in the doll's backside saying, "Katie, I fucked the shit out of you."

It was HHH's version of "I want to have your abortion.".

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The scene that didn't make the cut was actually HHH pulling his pudding covered dick out from a jaggedly cut hole in doll's backside saying, "Katie, I fucked the shit out of you."

You sir get a like for the Fight Club reference.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

How much of some of those guys returns had to do with there being only one major Promotion, maybe that doesn't mean anything, but if a company like AEW was around in the mid 00s up till today and they were willing to  treat them like legends like they did for DDP and Bret at DoN some of those guys probably wouldn't be so quick to make up with Vince, some of those guys knew that they had kids or family in the business so why not make good with Vince. If WCW used Bret good and they were still around, I'm not sure Bret would've be cool with Vince again, then again maybe so

Again, I agree but it goes back to my point that you don't know what's going to happen, then or now 

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The scene that didn't make the cut was actually HHH pulling his pudding covered dick out from a jaggedly cut hole in the doll's backside saying, "Katie, I fucked the shit out of you."

I might be laughing but jeebus Christ Eddie.

• Thanks 1

I think it's impressive that, say, The New Day has been able to do what they've done based on that Moxley podcast with Jericho. They clearly did a lot of stuff that there's no way Vince came up with. 

You can still see where Vince came in and put his mark on stuff even there, like Xavier announcing the New Day with the Final Fantasy victory theme using the trombone, which was funny and great and in character and which was then driven into the ground with the unfunny Francesca (or whatever they named the trombone) shit because Vince really liked the trombone-as-prop.

(Of course, I could be wrong and maybe they came up with the Francesca stuff, too, but it seems just like an example of the "Vince loves a prop joke, takes it too far" thing that Moxley was talking about.)

Edited by Smelly McUgly

Didn't even Punk mention getting texts from Kofi telling him to watch how much creativity the New Day was able to have under Vince? Not sure where that was, and I may have that backwards. Anyway, strength in numbers.

4 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

This.

Also, I disagree with those who were saying that Ambrose will never work there again. I thought he didn't come off bitter at all and basically it was a long form version of saying he has creative differences with the WWE. There is a list of workers a mile long who said way worse things and came back at some point. I'm not saying it's next year, but "never" isn't even a real word in pro wrestling. 

For me he sounded like someone slagging their ex and you know they will be back together sooner or later. The Shield guys are relatively as powerful as guys like Austin, Rock and Taker, who all regularly vetoed stuff. Some of the blame goes on them. If you are at the point you are ready to quit, just say no. 

4 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

Again, I agree but it goes back to my point that you don't know what's going to happen, then or now 

As long as we can keep Renee Young out of that RV I'll be fine.  Actually come to think of it, Moxley as Nic Cage and Renee as Laura Dern might be pretty hot on instagram.

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Poland Spring tastes the best.  

Poland Spring Sparkling Lively Lemon

The sparkling pomegranate lemonade is quite good as well.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm sure the incremental taste difference you perceive is well worth the environmental cost of bottling and transporting that stuff. 

When people in this country start to elect the right politicians I'll cool down on my bottled water intake. 

• Like 1

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

When people in this country start to elect the right politicians I'll cool down on my bottled water intake. 

If that's who you're passing that buck to, it's never going to stop. But I don't need to get another thread closed because you find it comfortable riding that bench. 

"The right politicians" -- You'll have better luck waiting on Vince McMahon to retire. 

• Like 1

So I guess EC3 took offense to what Moxley said in the interview when he said used him as enhancement talent against EC3. 

Yeah, there's the old tradition of putting someone over before you leave the company. But in retrospect Moxley losing to EC3 did nothing for him because they did nothing with EC3. I mean if they put effort into it, Ambrose/EC3 could have been a fun pre mania feud. 

22 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

So I guess EC3 took offense to what Moxley said in the interview when he said used him as enhancement talent against EC3. 

Yeah, there's the old tradition of putting someone over before you leave the company. But in retrospect Moxley losing to EC3 did nothing for him because they did nothing with EC3. I mean if they put effort into it, Ambrose/EC3 could have been a fun pre mania feud. 

I read it as ECIII agreeing with Jon Moxley that WWE creative sucks.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That was indeed the meaning.

Especially when the entire story started with Moxley saying that EC3 was one of his best friends in the wrestling business

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I think it's impressive that, say, The New Day has been able to do what they've done based on that Moxley podcast with Jericho. They clearly did a lot of stuff that there's no way Vince came up with. 

You can still see where Vince came in and put his mark on stuff even there, like Xavier announcing the New Day with the Final Fantasy victory theme using the trombone, which was funny and great and in character and which was then driven into the ground with the unfunny Francesca (or whatever they named the trombone) shit because Vince really liked the trombone-as-prop.

(Of course, I could be wrong and maybe they came up with the Francesca stuff, too, but it seems just like an example of the "Vince loves a prop joke, takes it too far" thing that Moxley was talking about.)

FWIW I was at Xavier's panel at Magfest and the trombone/Francesca idea was definitely his idea.  He was pretty ecstatic that Vince loved it too.  He certainly talked about how much it took for Vince to let them be how they are now.  He was so adamant on Kofi working out as a heel at the time that he said if fans didn't boo Kofi he'd leave the group.  Sure enough by week 3 or 4 there were boos and it worked out.  But he had to pitch it like that in order for Vince to pay attention.  I believe after that he said they had a little more freedom to be them.

• Like 2

I think the only reason the New Day hasn't been as sabotaged by Vince is that they're a comedy act and they do a bunch of shit that taps right into what makes Vince laugh.

• Like 2