DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

That Moxley shirt is already PWTees best selling shirt of the whole month and 9th best selling individual shirt of the year.

• Like 1

Just to add a few thoughts:

I mostly watch WWE. I occasionally watch NJPW. I kept up with TNA/Impact in 2016 because of Broken Matt Hardy. I still follow their women's division and Killer Kross. I've peaked in on Joshi and MLW. I tried CMLL for a bit, but didn't get into it. Maybe I'll try again.

I never watched WCW or ECW.

I keep saying that I'm going to YT a bunch of older stuff, but haven't yet. Maybe one day.

I'm not liked around here. Not with as much as I get crapped on by certain people and their friends.

My being a fan is a bit weird, I think. I have a lot of gaps in what I know and would enjoy learning more from other fans. But I'm not friends with anyone away from the board. Frankly, several of you are mean and overly aggressive. Which wouldn't be so bad if the majority didn't seem to go along with the bad treatment.

I don't post here as much as I did. I come back because I've been here for a while. Old habits, blah blah blah. But for a group that claims community, that's not true. It's no fun to give opinions and have those opinions mocked because some of you absolutely have called me a dumb-fuck sheep for not hating WWE.

I'm not looking for sympathy. I have free will, I know when to sign out and not deal with the drama. But if you ever wonder why someone in a position like mine doesn't talk as much, there's often a good reason.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Just to add a few thoughts:

I mostly watch WWE. I occasionally watch NJPW. I kept up with TNA/Impact in 2016 because of Broken Matt Hardy. I still follow their women's division and Killer Kross. I've peaked in on Joshi and MLW. I tried CMLL for a bit, but didn't get into it. Maybe I'll try again.

I never watched WCW or ECW.

I keep saying that I'm going to YT a bunch of older stuff, but haven't yet. Maybe one day.

I'm not liked around here. Not with as much as I get crapped on by certain people and their friends.

My being a fan is a bit weird, I think. I have a lot of gaps in what I know and would enjoy learning more from other fans. But I'm not friends with anyone away from the board. Frankly, several of you are mean and overly aggressive. Which wouldn't be so bad if the majority didn't seem to go along with the bad treatment.

I don't post here as much as I did. I come back because I've been here for a while. Old habits, blah blah blah. But for a group that claims community, that's not true. It's no fun to give opinions and have those opinions mocked because some of you absolutely have called me a dumb-fuck sheep for not hating WWE.

I'm not looking for sympathy. I have free will, I know when to sign out and not deal with the drama. But if you ever wonder why someone in a position like mine doesn't talk as much, there's often a good reason.

You know, this isn't the first time you've posted this, this whole thing about people literally calling you a dumb fuck sheep for not hating WWE, or that you're not liked around here, and how you get crapped on.

The first time you said this I wondered how legit your claims could be because I'm in here way too fucking much and I never saw anything like that. I know others haven't as well. I'm doubting this again because if people did act like that towards you or say you're a dumb fuck sheep then they'd probably be banned for it considering people get timeouts or bannings for less than what you've described.

And if it's people saying shit to you via PM and harassing you via PM then you have to report that shit and not let that slide because that shit being said to you isn't conducive to any kind of community. I also can't imagine Rippa or Dolfan or anyone else would appreciate that shit happening. Disagreements are one thing, targeted harassment is another entirely.

One last point to make... We've had to deal with someone like EN090 twice now, we've had to deal with FSW, and others I can't remember the names of. You aren't those people. You should know that even if you have a pro-WWE opinion it whatever the hell then that's not even close to a crime or anything really offensive. Offensive it's the type of shit from there people I named and again, you aren't those people.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Didn't Ibushi say he turned down AEW? 

It's tough following this emotional roller coaster. Maybe Ibushi is pushing away because it's the only way he can make it through this

Five years later, Kota is a famous IWPG Champion and is super cool with to another man, Jay White, with whom they have a daughter. One night, the buds stumble upon a video game bar. Noticing the "Omega" logo he had once seen regular, Kota realizes Kenny has opened his club. When Kenny Omega notices Kota Ibushi in the crowd, he plays their friendship theme on the Street Fighter 2, and a dream sequence unfolds in which the two imagine what might have been had both their relationship and their careers thrived together in AEW. Ibushi shares a poignant smile with Kenny, then leaves with Jay White.

Edited by OctopusCinema
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

That Moxley shirt is already PWTees best selling shirt of the whole month and 9th best selling individual shirt of the year.

I believe he was one of the top sellers on WWE Shop his whole time there.  People who tried to minimize his signing..   I don't know I think it was a smart move.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Even doing hokey shit, Ambrose was the most reliable big pop generator in WWE for a few years.

Will be curious to see if he drops the Les Kellett reboud lariat from his regular moveset.

Did he do that stupid move as Moxley?

10 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Even doing hokey shit, Ambrose was the most reliable big pop generator in WWE for a few years.

Will be curious to see if he drops the Les Kellett reboud lariat from his regular moveset.

He should drop the rebound lariat. That move fucked Nigel McGuinness pretty good. At least, Nigel finally made it to WWE, and like Corey Graves can have a long career as an announcer.

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

Personally I thought it would have been hilarious if he did that to Jericho, just to troll the people that hate it.

There should have been a potted plant under the ring for Moxley to wallop Jericho with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He should drop the rebound lariat. That move fucked Nigel McGuinness pretty good. At least, Nigel finally made it to WWE, and like Corey Graves can have a long career as an announcer.

Nigel’s issues were more that he would go full force with his Lairat’s, and hit about seven of them per match. Moxley’s look a lot softer. In fact Moxley’s offense has always looked  pretty safe in general.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

5 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I can’t help but resurrect the old “why doesn’t WWE just let people cut promos” talking point. Moxley can do that, he could always do that, and WWE signed the dude largely because he COULD do that. So why didn’t they just tell the guy to cut a promo and get out of the way? 

Just crazy.  

The short answer is that they didnt understand what they had, either from ignorance or because they didn’t want to. They’re completely content to let Seth Rollins drone on for segments at a time, tailspinning ratings, but send a fiery, intense performer to go cut the type promos that have spurred the greatest boon periods in the businesses history? Nah. Let’s send him to the ring in a fucking gas mask.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Even leaving Ambrose aside, WWE has had arguably its most talented roster ever for the last 5-6 years but are so scared to let anyone just be themselves.  Look at all the NXT call ups who were on fire who have just stalled on the main roster.  It’s incredible.  Even guys like Drew and Lashley who were major highlights in Impact and elsewhere come off as second rate.

Thats why I’m so intrigued to see Raw tonight.  Vince might just think AEW might be more competition for NXT than the main show and not change anything. On the other hand he might go crazy and loosen the reigns on the talent.

Raw might do a decent viewership of people looking to see if there is a reaction to AEW

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

No one ever lives the gimmick anymore. 

Dino from DDT? Seriously you have no idea how disappointed I was when I found out one of the guys from the Christopher Street Connection had fathered several kids.

32 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Dino from DDT? Seriously you have no idea how disappointed I was when I found out one of the guys from the Christopher Street Connection had fathered several kids.

We found RF wasn't just working a gimmick as the Fun Athletic Guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

We found RF wasn't just working a gimmick as the Fun Athletic Guy.

But what about Ric Feinberg???

So imagine if you created a wrestling character. This guy was a former Olympic quality amateur wrestler who lost his dream because he was a victim in a bank robbery. Legit tough guy. Now he's back, chasing his dream to be WWE champ, his one last chance at greatness. This guy wouldn't have to cut long promos, he could just talk about that stuff right there, his real experiences and that could last for a year whether he won the title or not. I'm not a writer, that guy is Lashley. 

And however long that lasts, if he doesn't win, you just turn him into a bitter heel about the whole thing. And maybe you run out of ideas and turn him into "guy that shows his ass to the crowd to get (heat?). I doubt any person could talk in depth at all about Lashley's character and who he is supposed to be on screen.