DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

15 minutes ago, Hoffman said:

Since the title can be defended anytime, the face plate should have been a clock, complete with hands moving hilariously fast around it.

Either that, or a digital clock repeatedly blinking 12:00.

A cuckoo clock

• Haha 2

I'm imaging VInce screaming all night in a coke fueled rage, the likes of which unseen since the No Holds Barred screenwriting process, at an intern who is furiously working on the 1983 green strap WWF title with a belt sander.  GODDAMIT PAL WE NEED THIS CHAMPIONSHIP FOR TOMORROW NIGHT NOW PUT YOUR BACK INTO IT

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I'm imaging VInce screaming all night in a coke fueled rage, the likes of which unseen since the No Holds Barred screenwriting process, at an intern who is furiously working on the 1983 green strap WWF title with a belt sander.  GODDAMIT PAL WE NEED THIS CHAMPIONSHIP FOR TOMORROW NIGHT NOW PUT YOUR BACK INTO IT

The intern just happens to be Aurora Rose.

• Haha 3

What's the over/under on how many threads Pac vs Hangman Page gets posted in? It just released on yt an hour ago, and it's already in the DoN thread. But someone's bound to post it to 2019 matches, and someone's going to put it in AEW TV deal, and Double or Nothing will roll over to a new page and someone will do the "I can't believe nobody posted this" post...

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

What's the over/under on how many threads Pac vs Hangman Page gets posted in? It just released on yt an hour ago, and it's already in the DoN thread. But someone's bound to post it to 2019 matches, and someone's going to put it in AEW TV deal, and Double or Nothing will roll over to a new page and someone will do the "I can't believe nobody posted this" post...

If discussion counts, you just started the chain of posting about it in different areas.

• Like 1

I finally finished the first season of WoS wrestling, and it mixed early-TNA era production values, the feel of mid-90s WCW B-show Universal Studios crowds, and 2010s WWE work. So, not exactly Jim Breaks yapping at dudes in the front row while working the most entertaining fingerlock ever or anything like that.

Also, I'm pretty much against three-man booths at this point in my fandom because I found WoS's three-man booth to be not that good (no offense to So Cal Val and Stu Bennett, who I don't really have anything against). I actually liked the Jim Ross/Bobby Heenan/Randy Savage booth at KotR 1993 that I'm not sure was replicated too often, and some of the three-man booths on NXT a few years back were inoffensive, but I can't think of one really iconic three-man booth unless I am obviously missing something that was done in Mexico or Japan or somewhere else that was really good, but outside of my knowledge base. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am so happy with all the stuff getting repeated here that is in the RAW thread

Admins want us to put people on "ignore" so we don't engage in shitty interactions, but then complain when we don't see what other people post because they're on "ignore".  

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Hopefully, while reading it in Fabio voice's and doing the hair flip.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I finally finished the first season of WoS wrestling, and it mixed early-TNA era production values, the feel of mid-90s WCW B-show Universal Studios crowds, and 2010s WWE work. So, not exactly Jim Breaks yapping at dudes in the front row while working the most entertaining fingerlock ever or anything like that.

Also, I'm pretty much against three-man booths at this point in my fandom because I found WoS's three-man booth to be not that good (no offense to So Cal Val and Stu Bennett, who I don't really have anything against). I actually liked the Jim Ross/Bobby Heenan/Randy Savage booth at KotR 1993 that I'm not sure was replicated too often, and some of the three-man booths on NXT a few years back were inoffensive, but I can't think of one really iconic three-man booth unless I am obviously missing something that was done in Mexico or Japan or somewhere else that was really good, but outside of my knowledge base. 

Schiavone, Dusty and Heenan were pretty great.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Would it be a good idea to make a dedicated 24/7 title thread to contain all these post seeing that the title will be skipping around from show to show?

2 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Since the 24/7 championship has the potential for a shitload of daily updates, should it possibly have it's own thread?

Good grief. 

• Haha 1