DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

I’m leaning towards a 24/7 rule title. I wouldn’t be shocked if Foley was the one to suggest it, and that’s why he’s out there to introduce it. 

Will the Spinner Belt be the base for the new title? Did Curtis Axel smash it up to get it ready for its new use?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

12 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m leaning towards a 24/7 rule title. I wouldn’t be shocked if Foley was the one to suggest it, and that’s why he’s out there to introduce it. 

Will the Spinner Belt be the base for the new title? Did Curtis Axel smash it up to get it ready for its new use?

With the Network, I admit that a 24/7 title could be a ton of fun.

Imagine them cutting into a showing of Backlash 2009 at 10:00 AM on a Thursday because Bobby Roode has attacked Apollo at the gym

• Like 1

Per Meltzer

Mick Foley will be announcing a new WWE championship on Raw in Albany, NY in a few hours.

It was initially announced yesterday during the Money in the Bank event. Foley was chosen because the new title will be similar to the old Hardcore title that was created for him with a 24/7 rule in place.

It is believed the new championship will be called the Wild Card title, which can be defended at any time, and will be recognized across brands.

This also plays into the new rule instituted on Raw several weeks ago, where a number of SmackDown stars can appear on Raw and vice versa. Several stars have taken advantage of the rule as of late, most notably Roman Reigns and the The Usos.

It was said when the idea was brought up of a Wild Card type of championship being added that Vince McMahon loved the idea.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

What's with all these wild cards? Did Vince just discover Uno? 

That, or he saw the episode of It's Always Sunny where the gang sells gasoline out of that creepy van. 

• Like 5

"It will be recognized across both brands" 

a) So much for NXT and NXT UK being "co-equal" brands. 

b) So... Is the Rey not a champion when he goes on Smackdown? Kofi is just "an New Day" over on Raw? 

c) unrelated, but Night of Champions is going to be 3 days long. 

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Bray and Jojo's baby is named Knash Sixx Rotunda.   Hey,  I liked the nWo too but that's a little much no? 

You have missed the last couple of pages haven't you?

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

You have missed the last couple of pages haven't you?

Dammit. 

Okay so about this new "Wild Card" title..    Does that mean it could be defended on social media also?  YouTube? etc?  They should integrate matches that take place at truck stops,  bars and hotels. 

1 minute ago, christopher.annino said:

24/7 will only be good if they completely rip off DDTs Heavymetalweight championship so you get ALLLLLLLL the good social media attention.

Dammit, I was gonna go there, but yeah, I'm all for the WildCard Title being the Heavymetalweight belt.

Even more so if a table gets a reign.

• Like 1

Shit, maybe somehow the Money In The Bank briefcase gets the title at some point! Extra drama for next year's ppv!

Side note, one of close buddies and his wife went to that one Beyond Wrestling Americana show where the audience somehow ended up with a brief title reign. Dude is so proud of it and I'm proud to have a friend who's formerly a DDT champion ?

Edited by christopher.annino

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

24/7 will only be good if they completely rip off DDTs Heavymetalweight championship so you get ALLLLLLLL the good social media attention.

I assume you mean inanimate objects winning the belt because other the Heavymetalweight Title is just the Hardcore Title.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Shit, maybe somehow the Money In The Bank briefcase gets the title at some point! Extra drama for next year's ppv!

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I assume you mean inanimate objects winning the belt because other the Heavymetalweight Title is just the Hardcore Title.

You're damn right.

• Thanks 1

You guys are funny, thinking there's any chance this could be like the DDT title. You know what would happen the first time someone suggested it? Vince wouldn't "get it" and would squash it right away. 

Edited by BrianS81177
Spelling errorz

Since the title can be defended anytime, the face plate should have been a clock, complete with hands moving hilariously fast around it.

Either that, or a digital clock repeatedly blinking 12:00.

• Like 6