DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

These analytics nerds are really ruining the sport. Fuck that. Push Al Perez, he had a great physique. I've seen all I need to see. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

These analytics nerds are really ruining the sport. Fuck that. Push Al Perez, he had a great physique. I've seen all I need to see. 

Wait - are you telling me Seth Rollins isn't Al Perez?

• Like 1

Twitter RUMOZ~! say it is a Legends Title that will be given to the winner of Taker/Goldberg

That is coming from the Uber Belt Fan guy on Twitter so take with whatever necessary amount of salt

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Okay, we need a panel to figure out who is lumpiest/most stiff in the federation now.

Bruce Prichard for both.  He's sponsored by Blue Chew.

Edited by Tromatagon

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Twitter RUMOZ~! say it is a Legends Title that will be given to the winner of Taker/Goldberg

That is coming from the Uber Belt Fan guy on Twitter so take with whatever necessary amount of salt

So which old fucks are in play for this?

Kane, Michaels, Hunter, The Hardy’s... Who else?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

15 hours ago, Rick said:

Have it be the European and have WALTER murder fools all summer. 

Walter already has the UK Title for that.

3 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

The "Creative Has Nothing For You" Title

So, just about all of the company will be gunning for that one?

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh the shade. 

As much as Rusev has arguably been misused and whatnot, if I'm Vince and/or Hunter I'm tempted to just cut bait on the both of them. They're not worth the trouble. Maybe that's their point - to get released and see what they can do elsewhere - but if WWE isn't letting people go for fear of getting over elsewhere, these two are just going to rot on the shelf until contract expiry.

What's their collective ceiling in WWE, really? Lana ever going to be Women's champ on either brand? Rusev a legit title holder? I get their frustration but at this point it's not like their shade-throwing is going to get them anywhere (although it could be argued it can't really hurt them, either.)

45 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So which old fucks are in play for this?

Kane, Michaels, Hunter, The Hardy’s... Who else?

Going off my earlier thought, here are the guys who were TNA legends champion:

• Booker T
  • AJ Styles
  • Kevin Nash
  • Mick Foley
  • Eric Young

AJ and EY are under contract. Foley's already indicated he'd be up for a pay day. Booker's a company man. And Kevin Nash isn't the type to say no to money.

Five-way reverse penalty box ladder match for the new Saudi belt, please! 

3 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

All of them? I posit that the aggregate Rotunda family WAR is 0:

Mike was a clearly a replacement level 0 WAR AAAA guy all the way. He’s heel Terry Taylor.

Bray has some 70 tools but long stretches of bad. Positive WAR contribution at the end, though.

Bo is a negative WAR piece with a cup of coffee. He cancels out Bray.

Don't forget Bo and Bray are Blackjack Mulligan's grandsons. If you add him in to it you come out positive for sure 

At the moment - since the "reporting" since to be in conflict

The two new belt choices that people are reporting are

A) Legends Title

B) Wildcard Title (defending under 24/7 rules)

I’m leaning towards a 24/7 rule title. I wouldn’t be shocked if Foley was the one to suggest it, and that’s why he’s out there to introduce it. 

Will the Spinner Belt be the base for the new title? Did Curtis Axel smash it up to get it ready for its new use?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

12 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m leaning towards a 24/7 rule title. I wouldn’t be shocked if Foley was the one to suggest it, and that’s why he’s out there to introduce it. 

Will the Spinner Belt be the base for the new title? Did Curtis Axel smash it up to get it ready for its new use?

With the Network, I admit that a 24/7 title could be a ton of fun.

Imagine them cutting into a showing of Backlash 2009 at 10:00 AM on a Thursday because Bobby Roode has attacked Apollo at the gym

• Like 1

Per Meltzer

Mick Foley will be announcing a new WWE championship on Raw in Albany, NY in a few hours.

It was initially announced yesterday during the Money in the Bank event. Foley was chosen because the new title will be similar to the old Hardcore title that was created for him with a 24/7 rule in place.

It is believed the new championship will be called the Wild Card title, which can be defended at any time, and will be recognized across brands.

This also plays into the new rule instituted on Raw several weeks ago, where a number of SmackDown stars can appear on Raw and vice versa. Several stars have taken advantage of the rule as of late, most notably Roman Reigns and the The Usos.

It was said when the idea was brought up of a Wild Card type of championship being added that Vince McMahon loved the idea.