DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

12 hours ago, alstein said:

Not all Norse culture folks are Nazis, but a lot of Nazis are into that stuff.  Same as cartoon ponies.  

I'm not going to judge someone just because they have a thing for Freya.  ^_^

This dude didn't get the joke.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Was Stevie Ray bad?  He had awesome squash matches.  Do a move. Walk around. Talk shit.  Mug the crowd. Point and talk more shit. Do another move. Talk shit.  

How is that anything but entertaining? ?

He couldn't even execute a Pedigree properly and that move is easy to make look good.

Guest The Magnificent 7
7 hours ago, Craig H said:

This dude didn't get the joke.

My dog’s name is Freya. I am neither a Nazi nor am I a Norse culture LARP person. Previous dogs had names such as Argus. 

Cool names are cool names and we like the mythological names and the stories (English major here). I mean Argus (or Argos) is my favorite part of the Odyssey and shows the bond with dogs has spanned thousands of years. 

Freya is a cool name and she had a chariot that was pulled by cats. Of course I named her Freya. 

I’ll post a picture to the pet thread sometime, but I mostly post via phone now and doing the image thing from here seems a daunting task. 

Crazy world we live in where insane people may look askance if I yell for my dog to fetch at the park because they are political weirdos.  Fuck ‘em, I got bigger things to worry about.

Edited by The Magnificent 7

5 hours ago, Brandon-E said:

He couldn't even execute a Pedigree properly and that move is easy to make look good.

The Slap Jack wasn't a Pedigree.

He lifts the opponent up by the arms, similar to a Tiger Driver '91 but not lifting as highly, and actually appears to drive their head down into the mat. Triple H just jumps and falls to his knees. The Slap Jack looks way more hurty. I'm sure it has a lot to do with who's taking it, but this one looks better than almost any Pedigree I've ever seen.

There are at least two workers in the NWO B-Team alone that are worse.

Edited by MORELOCK
  • Like 2

You know listening to the commentary on the Joey Styles era of RAW has made me rethink the pairing of Styles & King. I remember thinking they had no chemistry, but on rewatches it’s more obvious that they did. Styles was still smarmy, but when he was playing straight man he sounded very natural, and King did the heavy lifting of the shitty one liners(Which Styles did, even when he had a guy working commentary with him). I would say this was King at his most tolerable when working with Styles. I think if JR didn’t comeback, and the ECW angle didn’t happen they would’ve blossomed together into a an all-time pairing. Or the shitty booking would’ve swallowed them whole.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Not that MORELOCK is even remotely trying to do this, but I am enthusiastic about any tiny rehabilitation of Stevie Ray solely on the grounds that Harlem Heat was my grandma's favorite tag team (and therefore my favorite tag team) and we'd watch them squash dudes on WCWSN together when I was a kid and thoroughly enjoy it. I will always swear up and down that Booker T and Stevie Ray deserve more love for that reason. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think Stevie really needs rehabilitating. Booker being as good as he is doesn't make Stevie bad. Until today I hadn't heard that take in years. There are plenty of great Harlem Heat matches, one great Virgil match (DiBiase at SummerSlam 91), and zero great matches involving Crush or Horace. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Was Stevie Ray bad?  He had awesome squash matches.  Do a move. Walk around. Talk shit.  Mug the crowd. Point and talk more shit. Do another move. Talk shit.  

How is that anything but entertaining? ?

Classic rudo style right there.

Stevie wasn't even the worst member of Harlem Heat.  Never forget Big T and Kash.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I don't think Stevie really needs rehabilitating. Booker being as good as he is doesn't make Stevie bad. Until today I hadn't heard that take in years. There are plenty of great Harlem Heat matches, one great Virgil match (DiBiase at SummerSlam 91), and zero great matches involving Crush or Horace. 

I will defend Crush/Savage Falls Count Anywhere with my dying breath

James

• Like 11

I wouldn't call it a great match, but it is enjoyable and fun and Crush's best match by far. Plus, Savage being like, "Fuck it, I'll just hang this dude upside down" to win was fantastic. It was yet another finish in a line of them where Crush got outsmarted by a far more intelligent opponent, so it fit right in with the narrative (or at least the narrative that I'd built in my head) that what was holding Crush back was that he was too dumb to beat smarter competition in big matches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

I will defend Crush/Savage Falls Count Anywhere with my dying breath

James

Really? You're not going to tell your family you love them, or let the guy murdering you know that he'll never get away with this? You're not going to say, like, Rosebud or Rolo Tomassi, or Bugger Bognor? Famous last words: "Crush vs Savage Falls Count Anywhere is an underrated match".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AxB said:

Really? You're not going to tell your family you love them, or let the guy murdering you know that he'll never get away with this? You're not going to say, like, Rosebud or Rolo Tomassi, or Bugger Bognor? Famous last words: "Crush vs Savage Falls Count Anywhere is an underrated match".

Shit it'll go on my pepperoni and sausage tombstone!

James

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

The Slap Jack wasn't a Pedigree.

He lifts the opponent up by the arms, similar to a Tiger Driver '91 but not lifting as highly, and actually appears to drive their head down into the mat. Triple H just jumps and falls to his knees. The Slap Jack looks way more hurty. I'm sure it has a lot to do with who's taking it, but this one looks better than almost any Pedigree I've ever seen.

There are at least two workers in the NWO B-Team alone that are worse.

This is the original execution of the pedigree 

If they're having Foley do it, it's likely the hardcore title, no? I don't see how that fits in today's WWE environment. A 24/7 (non-hardcore) title maybe? That could be fun.

• Thanks 1

European/TV title rejuvenation or no buys. 

Gonna go and clog up the cards with B titles might as well go all out even if you can’t even write enough for all the titles they have now. 

• Like 2