DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

40 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Puma was leaving.  He had a three season contract.

Should have put the gold on someone else to close the arc, then, or have Puma lose the career-vs-title match earlier and then come back to help some other face win the title at the end of the season. 

OR if closing Puma's arc with a title win is so necessary, just contrive up a reason that, having defeated Mundo, he wandered off to do heroic luchador shit and now there's a power vacuum centered around the title. 

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Actually this is a really fresh match-up for the summer, bay-beeee. Think about it! Meltzer goes missing for months, and  there are Meltzer sightings everywhere. Detective Tony Shalhoub is on the case. MORELOCK not only finds him, he’s also bought his services. Craig H is saddened by this news, but still determined that Dave is still on his side. So the stakes have been set! It’s Meltzer Vs. Meltzer! Winner will be the real Meltzer! At the biggest party of the summer!

I think we all know who the real Meltzer is...

↓ I mean that guy down there 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh boy. Here we go.

So Dave is saying the TMZ story isn't exactly made up and then Ryan Satin had to chime in and say his "sources" said it's related to his heart and that's why he went to the ER. So first off, it's kinda weird and gross to see Ryan claim sources have told him something different than what a close family member came out and said.

Secondly, Bix is dumb. Someone in the comments said Ryan makes shit up all the time and Bix had to come in and be himself.

Ryan Satin - Credible Reporter

Did the stupid fucker call up the hospital once again to browbeat the staff into violating HIPPA to give him medical updates?

1 hour ago, Robert s said:

As any HR guy (or woman) in 2019 (or 2014, when Sullivan was hired) definitely does at least a five minute (I suppose much longer) Google search before hiring someone to a well paid job (and even development contracts fall into that category), "they" include legally relevant people. If not, they should fire that person.

Do you know how much trouble Vince alone would probably get into if they hired a competent HR staff?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Did the stupid fucker call up the hospital once again to browbeat the staff into violating HIPPA to give him medical updates?

That's exactly where I was going with it being gross. So I'm guessing talking to the family is out since the family was already discussing the matter. If it's not them, then who, hospital staff that are going to violate HIPPA?

Anyway, I hope Ric is OK.

• Thanks 1

Friendly plug/reminder

I'm setting up at the TMPT convention in Richmond on Saturday. 

Cornette and MX, RnR, Baby Doll, Boris Zhukov, Douglas and Francine, the Hebners and more. 

I think tickets are only $15. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I want my child's gender reveal to be determined through the Team Challenge series if we're being honest here

I don't know if you'll get a gender from that, but you'll get a turkey and a milkperson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Any update on Ric, I'm sure he's doing ok considering.

Not exactly a new update but I believe it still remains the most recent one

21 hours ago, Craig H said:

So Dave is saying the TMZ story isn't exactly made up and then Ryan Satin had to chime in and say his "sources" said it's related to his heart and that's why he went to the ER. So first off, it's kinda weird and gross to see Ryan claim sources have told him something different than what a close family member came out and said.

Secondly, Bix is dumb. Someone in the comments said Ryan makes shit up all the time and Bix had to come in and be himself.

Earlier this week, Meltzer told a story about all the wrestling tapes lost forever because his wife asked him to please clean up and move his collection to the shed.  I have no idea why my first thought was, "Bix will never have to worry about that!"  Christ, I'm fucking awful.  ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Craig H said:

Can we trade Bix for Peter Falk?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Can we trade Bix for Peter Falk?

I like a lot of Bix's podcasts and stuff he's involved in but he gets way too political and really goes out his way to dig up dirt on Wrestlers based on their beliefs. I'm apathetic to politics anyway. And it's bad enough to have to deal with the fact that maybe your favorite Wrestlers could be Racist bigots so to have a guy like him try to bring up reasons to hate a wrestler you liked growing up , really ruins your fandom.

• Like 1