DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

I suppose that's better than some of the creepier ones like "shotgun for a boy or stereotypical crap for a girl".

I'd rather my child was celebrated in a way that respects kayfabe.   Like a spike nail death match where the loser has to write the gender of the child in their recently spiked assblood

But first a fake Quinones or perhaps someone channeling the spirit of the real Quinones would yell DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

OSJ should stop responding to 15 day old posts

Takes longer to be better.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Takes longer to be better.

As an author, you should know that there's lots of money* in churning out crap. That's the philosophy that I abide by for my posts.

(*I don't make any money from posting, but I do get a few posters to read my stuff, roll their eyes, and give me a grudging like. It's like money, but not!)

On another note, I finally finished watching all four seasons of Lucha Underground that were produced. IMO, the second season was by far the best with Catrina scheming to take over the whole thing and Dario Cueto bringing in Matanza to wrest control back. Great overarching storyline in that one, I think.

Way back when, I was really put off by the very first episode with the "authority does a big heel turn and becomes the antagonist" twist, but Dario Cueto ended up being low-key one of the best heels ever in wrestling. Cueto's actor really grew into that role, too. It took him a season to go from "just like a McMahon family member except as an annoying underground mystical lucha fight club owner" to a Machiavellian scheming slimeball with a distinct personality and a penchant for causing violence. 

Now, I'd have him up there on a short list of the best wrestling heels of all time, I think. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cueto was indeed awesome. And for a long while, I thought that Mil Mascaras was fucking dope as hell. I'm talking one of my favorite characters in all of wrestling.

Man. LU really did a lot of stuff right. They did stories and characters better than any other promotion.

I'm hoping you meant Mil Muertes and not Mil Mascaras.

If you stop watching at Season 3 they did a ton of shit great.  Then they undid a lot of it in season 4.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

fuck Lars Sullivan

I'd rather not. He's really not my type at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, Season 4 doesn't have clear direction. They definitely didn't know where to go or how to start another major story arc after Season 3. I don't mind Dark Pentagon being a lot of  the focus of Season 4, but I think they should have cleanly ended all arcs with Prince Puma standing strong as champ at the end of Season 3 and held off on Dark Pentagon's title win until Season 4. They also definitely had no clue where to go after murking Cueto and Catrina, who were their two best villains. They still utilized Catrina well enough, but it just felt way less inspired.

We never got an arc where Catrina and Dario Cueto go full on team-up for some contrived reason, either. Would have loved that super-villain team up and to see what stories could be spun from it. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly

20 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I'm hoping you meant Mil Muertes and not Mil Mascaras.

If you stop watching at Season 3 they did a ton of shit great.  Then they undid a lot of it in season 4.

Christ. Yes. Mil Muertes. I'm laughing at fucking up that name.

Oh, and I think I watched most of season 3 and then got distracted.

Edited by Craig H

6 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

The fine likely isn’t technically/legally for what he did in the past, it’s presumably for his failure to fully disclose everything to them when hired/when this issue arose and also possibly for actions taken since the issue arose and how he’s handled things since (like his mocking tweets that appear to make it seem like no big deal or that he’s not genuine in his apology).

Now obviously the response to that is that “they” “knew” about this stuff when he was hired, but that depends on who the actual “they” is and how much they actually knew.

As any HR guy (or woman) in 2019 (or 2014, when Sullivan was hired) definitely does at least a five minute (I suppose much longer) Google search before hiring someone to a well paid job (and even development contracts fall into that category), "they" include legally relevant people. If not, they should fire that person.

Edited by Robert s
  • Like 1

Ohhhhhhhhhhh boy. Here we go.

So Dave is saying the TMZ story isn't exactly made up and then Ryan Satin had to chime in and say his "sources" said it's related to his heart and that's why he went to the ER. So first off, it's kinda weird and gross to see Ryan claim sources have told him something different than what a close family member came out and said.

Secondly, Bix is dumb. Someone in the comments said Ryan makes shit up all the time and Bix had to come in and be himself.

Ryan Satin - Credible Reporter

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Puma was leaving.  He had a three season contract.

Should have put the gold on someone else to close the arc, then, or have Puma lose the career-vs-title match earlier and then come back to help some other face win the title at the end of the season. 

OR if closing Puma's arc with a title win is so necessary, just contrive up a reason that, having defeated Mundo, he wandered off to do heroic luchador shit and now there's a power vacuum centered around the title. 

5 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Actually this is a really fresh match-up for the summer, bay-beeee. Think about it! Meltzer goes missing for months, and  there are Meltzer sightings everywhere. Detective Tony Shalhoub is on the case. MORELOCK not only finds him, he’s also bought his services. Craig H is saddened by this news, but still determined that Dave is still on his side. So the stakes have been set! It’s Meltzer Vs. Meltzer! Winner will be the real Meltzer! At the biggest party of the summer!

I think we all know who the real Meltzer is...

↓ I mean that guy down there 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh boy. Here we go.

So Dave is saying the TMZ story isn't exactly made up and then Ryan Satin had to chime in and say his "sources" said it's related to his heart and that's why he went to the ER. So first off, it's kinda weird and gross to see Ryan claim sources have told him something different than what a close family member came out and said.

Secondly, Bix is dumb. Someone in the comments said Ryan makes shit up all the time and Bix had to come in and be himself.

Ryan Satin - Credible Reporter

Did the stupid fucker call up the hospital once again to browbeat the staff into violating HIPPA to give him medical updates?