DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In the standard WWE contract, there is a clause that reads: “Wrestler shall act at all times with due regard to public morals and conventions during the term of this agreement.

But this happened prior to the agreement. There still isn't a legal leg to stand on for this fine. This clause in the contract is only good for the length of the agreement. 

34 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I'm just quoting this in the hopes that I'll never have to read another "Stephanie's putting herself on TV what a bitch in real life" hot take in any future RAW threads.

She's putting herself on TV anyway, what a bitch she is! Now put this in the next RAW thread for me.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

But this happened prior to the agreement. There still isn't a legal leg to stand on for this fine. This clause in the contract is only good for the length of the agreement. 

Clearly the WWE's lawyers feel differently

And it isn't like the NFL hasn't punished guys for their actions in college before they have played a down in the NFL

• Like 1

The fine likely isn’t technically/legally for what he did in the past, it’s presumably for his failure to fully disclose everything to them when hired/when this issue arose and also possibly for actions taken since the issue arose and how he’s handled things since (like his mocking tweets that appear to make it seem like no big deal or that he’s not genuine in his apology).

Now obviously the response to that is that “they” “knew” about this stuff when he was hired, but that depends on who the actual “they” is and how much they actually knew. 

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

I'm just quoting this in the hopes that I'll never have to read another "Stephanie's putting herself on TV what a bitch in real life" hot take in any future RAW threads.

When was the last time someone on here said that?

I think some of y'all conflate shit said elsewhere *COUGHREDDITCOUGH* with stuff said on here. I'm sure someone has at some point, but it's probably been awhile and they were hopefully and probably corrected that Steph hasn't had anything to do with creative in quite some time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

When was the last time someone on here said that?

I think some of y'all conflate shit said elsewhere *COUGHREDDITCOUGH* with stuff said on here. I'm sure someone has at some point, but it's probably been awhile and they were hopefully and probably corrected that Steph hasn't had anything to do with creative in quite some time.

While I frequently think people assign one person's bad take on something to THE ENTIRE BOARD THINKS~! in this case I agree with @MORELOCK

Just look at the entire buildup to Mania this year

It first started to "Oh Mania is going to be Steph vs. Ronda so Steph can be the first person to beat her". Then it became "Steph is going to make it her vs. Becky" or "Steph is going to insert herself into the Main Event"

And attached that was frequently "she will give herself the title"

Now - you can think people are just saying that as jokes but a lot of truth is said in jest but it still has happened on this very board as recently as two months ago.

Just because maybe it hasn't been said since basically Steph has been off of TV doesn't make it any less valid

EDIT - I am also fairly positive I can find people in the weekly TV threads insisting on things like the women in the main event as being Steph's doing

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

While I frequently think people assign one person's bad take on something to THE ENTIRE BOARD THINKS~! in this case I agree with @MORELOCK

Just look at the entire buildup to Mania this year

It first started to "Oh Mania is going to be Steph vs. Ronda so Steph can be the first person to beat her". Then it became "Steph is going to make it her vs. Becky" or "Steph is going to insert herself into the Main Event"

And attached that was frequently "she will give herself the title"

Now - you can think people are just saying that as jokes but a lot of truth is said in jest but it still has happened on this very board as recently as two months ago.

Just because maybe it hasn't been said since basically Steph has been off of TV doesn't make it any less valid

EDIT - I am also fairly positive I can find people in the weekly TV threads insisting on things like the women in the main event as being Steph's doing

I agree that some stuff is said as jokes and other times that truth is said in jest, but it's hard for me to believe that those people would actually truly believe Steph is pulling strings like a puppet master. I do know that some people have said too often that Steph takes credit for the women's division, so there is that.

It's honestly not even worth the trouble of searching the weekly TV threads for that stuff. I don't doubt what you said is true, but I also wonder how much it actually matters. Like, does MORELOCK need to scoreboard on this particular subject when it might be a couple people who aren't smart enough to know Steph doesn't have creative pull? I don't know...to me it just isn't worth it. Some people still think HHH is this terrible, awful, horrible person that buried everyone.

• Like 2

I know I've pointed out before that Sami was on Talk is Jericho before his return talking about toxic fan culture, and that his new gimmick wasn't necessarily a "mouthpiece for Vince."

Meltzer suggests that Zayn did in fact come up with his new character.

I swear some of y'all could look at an ink blot test and see Vince trying not to sneeze.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Meltzer and Brian also said, maybe within the last day or so, that Sami's character is based off of Vince. I think that all stemmed from a caller to another show saying he spoke with a couple of the writers and that was one of the things that came up.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Meltzer and Brian also said, maybe within the last day or so, that Sami's character is based off of Vince. 

Meltzer vs Meltzer is such a played out feud. I'm disappointed they couldn't book something fresher.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Again, they shouldn't have a legal leg to stand on in the independent contractor argument either but they keep on doing it.  Until someone says "wait, this is bullshit," lawyers up, and takes them to court, they're going to step over any labor relations line they feel like.  But nobody wants to flush their career away to fight McDevitt, so they'll keep paying ridiculous fines, and their own trans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Meltzer vs Meltzer is such a played out feud. I'm disappointed they couldn't book something fresher.

Actually this is a really fresh match-up for the summer, bay-beeee. Think about it! Meltzer goes missing for months, and  there are Meltzer sightings everywhere. Detective Tony Shalhoub is on the case. MORELOCK not only finds him, he’s also bought his services. Craig H is saddened by this news, but still determined that Dave is still on his side. So the stakes have been set! It’s Meltzer Vs. Meltzer! Winner will be the real Meltzer! At the biggest party of the summer!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Actually this is a really fresh match-up for the summer, bay-beeee. Think about it! Meltzer goes missing for months, and  there are Meltzer sightings everywhere. Detective Tony Shalhoub is on the case. MORELOCK not only finds him, he’s also bought his services. Craig H is saddened by this news, but still determined that Dave is still on his side. So the stakes have been set! It’s Meltzer Vs. Meltzer! Winner will be the real Meltzer! At the biggest party of the summer!

Can I trade Tony Shalhoub for Peter Falk?

13 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

9 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Can I trade Tony Shalhoub for Peter Falk?

I'd go with Telly Savalas. Who loves ya, baby? You're beautiful.

• Like 1

For the record - I do not ever read Reddit, for wrestling or anything else, and do not have a Twitter. If I'm referring to opinions on wrestling that I have encountered, I am referring to this board.

Hope Naitch is okay.

Edited to remove ambulance ride from my post. TMZ said he was rushed with a medical emergency, and I assumed that meant ambulance.

Edited by Dewar