DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

56 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

No shit, they never even ATTEMPTED to enforce the rules!

I've been watching old ECW clips and stuff on YT that I just didn't ever care to watch and holy fuck those referees counted fast. a 3 second count should not be over in like 1.3 seconds.

• Like 1

Removing his WWE stuff, this is probably  some of the stuff he might have listened to? That or he just chose random shit. Who knows with the ROH stuff.

1    American Dragon    NJPW    Queen    Stone Cold Crazy
2    Bryan Danielson    NOAH    Papa Roach    Last Resort
3    Bryan Danielson    ROH    DJ Alkohal    Dragon Empire
4    Bryan Danielson    ROH    Down    Lysergik Funeral Procession
5    Bryan Danielson    Independent, ROH    Animotion    Obsession
6    Bryan Danielson    Independent, PWG, ROH    The Offspring    Self Esteem (Instrumental)
7    Bryan Danielson    Independent, NOAH, PWG, ROH, Europa    Europe    The Final Countdown
8    Bryan Danielson    ROH    Team K.I.S.    The Final Countdown
9    Bryan Danielson    IWA MS    Dead Prez feat. The RBG Family    Fuck The Law
10    Bryan Danielson    IWA MS    The Byrds    Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)

11 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Ha, the only bands on that Rowan gallery I havent seen live are Heilung and Powerwolf, and Heilung is the only one I dont have much familiarity with.

And to further tie Amon Amarth to the wrestling industry, Josh Barnett is on the cover of their new album. 

Which is a FIRE album btw, I've had it on nonstop since last Friday

I also had no idea Bryan ever used Down as ring music, so that's a fun thing to learn

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

A buddy of mine wrestles for Reality of Wrestling, where Pritchard helps out with production on the monthly shows. He's had nothing but nice things to say about him.

Shhhhh...the narrative. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

No shit, they never even ATTEMPTED to enforce the rules!

I need to sit down and watch an old episode. I swear they actually do tell the wrestlers not to use closed fist, and wrestlers try to cheat behind their backs which was weird for a promotion where there was “No rules”. 

13 hours ago, Ryan said:

I've been watching old ECW clips and stuff on YT that I just didn't ever care to watch and holy fuck those referees counted fast. a 3 second count should not be over in like 1.3 seconds.

I've been wondering about that for years. It's really bad when there's a near fall in the middle of the match and the count goes 1... 2... kick out. A nice, even cadence. Then when they get to the finish, 123.

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

Shhhhh...the narrative. 

I don't want to go into it because I don't want to doxx myself or anything, but I worked for a company that did some work for Bruce, and he was nothing but nice the few times I met him. Of course, he mightve treated me well because I wasn't like my then-co-workers with the "I LOVE YOUUUU" and shit, but who knows.

• Like 1

Okay - I know this won't put a bow in it but I can dream

On the radio show this morning Meltzer said that Lars fine is real and will be paid out over installments

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

On the radio show this morning Meltzer said that Lars fine is real and will be paid out over installments

That’s what I always assumed when this was handed out. It’s like an extra tax on his paycheck. Maybe if he’s a good boy, then it’ll hurt less in the future, if he’s signed to a better deal. For some reason I don’t have hope for him with this shit more out in the open, plus his own personal problems.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

If you wanted to get super conspiracy theorist on things, you could suggest that the reason Lars' debut was delayed was the company trying to avoid controversy by taking him off TV, and then inventing the anxiety disorder story to try and put some sympathy on him. So his subsequent lack of compassion towards people with mental health issues would be explained by him not actually having issues of his own.

Alternatively, he's just an arsehole. Probably just that, all things considered.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Is this fine for something he did within the company or the racist shit from before he signed a contract? I'm curious because I'm not sure how they could realistically/legally fine him for the latter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

If you wanted to get super conspiracy theorist on things, you could suggest that the reason Lars' debut was delayed was the company trying to avoid controversy by taking him off TV, and then inventing the anxiety disorder story to try and put some sympathy on him. So his subsequent lack of compassion towards people with mental health issues would be explained by him not actually having issues of his own.

Alternatively, he's just an arsehole. Probably just that, all things considered.

Did anything come of that story saying people in the company think the anxiety order was bogus, and he bailed out because he found out he had do a drug test(roids) before his debut? Or was that fake news?

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Is this fine for something he did within the company or the racist shit from before he signed a contract? I'm curious because I'm not sure how they could realistically/legally fine him for the latter.

The pre-contract stuff

Dave was guessing here but he thinks that after it re-emerged a sponsor or two said something to the WWE and that is why the fine came out of nowhere. (Dave said everything was hastily rushed about the punishment - like they wanted to make sure they got it out as quick as possible and it to be really severe so they could be all LOOK HOW SERIOUS WE ARE (despite them knowing about it originally and doing nothing but warning him when they signed him)).

I am sure they will be more detail in the new WON that comes out today/overnight