DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

Yup, there's a pretty gross one out there by Johnny Gargano too.  

Everyone tonight better start scrubbing their Twitter and social media like they're going into fucking witness protection. 

Keller did an interview with a guy who's said to be a close friend with a few WWE writers. Some of the information seems questionable, but here are some highlights I took from an article that people here might enjoy digging into:

• Triple H is very frustrated with the way creative is being handled
  • The Wild Card rule wasn't in the script on the morning of that show (note: That Variety piece blowing smoke about how much thought went into WWE creative was hilarious)
  • Raw and SmackDown no longer have separate writing teams, and haven't since the Shake Up
  • Vince and Neville got into a shouting match when Neville walked out
  • People have suggested different looks for Raw and SmackDown -- hard no from Vince
  • Dana Brooke is known as a hard worker; creative pitch for her regularly, but got nothing through till this MITB spot
  • The Fox contract prohibits moving them to FS1 if the ratings drop (I'm highly skeptical of this one)
  • Prichard is described as "a pleasure to work with"
  • Steph, Shane, and Hunter have all tried to get through to Vince
  • Firefly Funhouse is all Bray
  • Andrade asked Vince for a push and was told to learn some English and get back to him; He's been taking English lessons

Have fun! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm now watching MLW, and I like the hour-long shows because you get a bunch of different stuff on the show in terms of gimmicks and work. It's an hour full of variety. I feel like I don't have to watch the big shows and that I can just enjoy these very densely-packed hour-long shows. 

2 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

My guess is that people who don't like MLW aren't going to rush here to complain about it. They just don't watch. 

Yep. Raw is similar to GOT in that when something has reached enough critical mass in popularity it's going to catch shit that something like MLW or Brockmire won't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Andrade asked Vince for a push and was told to learn some English and get back to him; He's been taking English lessons

There are stories about Andrade being told by Alberto Del Rio years ago to the #1 key to getting a push was learning English

I would say Andrade learned the other path to job security - dating someone very important to Vince

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Yep. Raw is similar to GOT in that when something has reached enough critical mass in popularity it's going to catch shit that something like MLW or Brockmire won't. 

Brockmire is gold. I love that show.

• Like 5

I've seen children of bodom (one of the best guitatist) and behemoth in concert! I knew a few others. I used to be all about  melodic pirate folk death metal but i have softened with age, i guess. I like that he has the freedom to wear what he wants. I wonder what Daniel listens to?

I've been putting MLW's show on while working out for the past few months. They've got great production value and storylines are interesting enough. Jim Corrnette is like a southern version of Mauro though (I don't mean that in a good way) but not obnoxious enough to take me out of it. As far as the ringwork goes, there are some good matches and I like quite a few guys on the roster but it illustrates what's going on with the indy scene in general right now - there are a few dozen guys that regularly work all the same promotions so there are any number of other places you can also see similar combinations of their regulars. A few of the hometown guys and stables keep it fresh though.

Didn't Andrade catch heat when he first signed due to being unwilling to improve his English or was that someone else? Or just a rumor?

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Keller did an interview with a guy who's said to be a close friend with a few WWE writers. Some of the information seems questionable, but here are some highlights I took from an article that people here might enjoy digging into:

• Triple H is very frustrated with the way creative is being handled
  • The Wild Card rule wasn't in the script on the morning of that show (note: That Variety piece blowing smoke about how much thought went into WWE creative was hilarious)
  • Raw and SmackDown no longer have separate writing teams, and haven't since the Shake Up
  • Vince and Neville got into a shouting match when Neville walked out
  • People have suggested different looks for Raw and SmackDown -- hard no from Vince
  • Dana Brooke is known as a hard worker; creative pitch for her regularly, but got nothing through till this MITB spot
  • The Fox contract prohibits moving them to FS1 if the ratings drop (I'm highly skeptical of this one)
  • Prichard is described as "a pleasure to work with"
  • Steph, Shane, and Hunter have all tried to get through to Vince
  • Firefly Funhouse is all Bray
  • Andrade asked Vince for a push and was told to learn some English and get back to him; He's been taking English lessons

Have fun! 

FWIW, word going around now is that this is probably all fake news.

I should have known when someone was speaking so highly of Prichard. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

FWIW, word going around now is that this is probably all fake news.

I should have known when someone was speaking so highly of Prichard. 

Or it was Bruce himself as the source. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2019 at 7:00 PM, Bigbosseli said:

I've seen children of bodom (one of the best guitatist) and behemoth in concert! I knew a few others. I used to be all about  melodic pirate folk death metal but i have softened with age, i guess. I like that he has the freedom to wear what he wants. I wonder what Daniel listens to?

I saw Bodom back in 2006 on the Unholy Alliance Tour with Slayer (in their proper form w/ Dave Lombardo & Jeff Hanneman), Lamb of God, Mastodon, and Thine Eyes Bleed. The bass player for Thine Eyes Bleed is Johnny Araya, brother of Slayer's Tom Araya.

What does Bryan Danielson listen to? Europe's, "The Final Countdown" on a repeated loop.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

I want to believe Neville and Vince got into a shouting match.

"Oh that's right, I'm a mean bastard, but I'm at least proud of my heritage. You're just a fooking cunt sticking needles in his ass pretending you didn't come from a trailer!"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

"Oh that's right, I'm a mean bastard, but I'm at least proud of my heritage. You're just a fooking cunt sticking needles in his ass pretending you didn't come from a trailer!"

Everything on that list sounds plausible, except for Brother Love being a pleasure to work with. I just don't see someone working with Vince in such a close capacity as long as he has not turning into a major fucking asshole just to survive working with Vince.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

A guy with PAC's body giving someone else guff for ass needles? A guy from the north who feels the need to give someone grief about being lower class?

Y'all have some weird fantasies about Vince. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Everything on that list sounds plausible, except for Brother Love being a pleasure to work with. I just don't see someone working with Vince in such a close capacity as long as he has not turning into a major fucking asshole just to survive working with Vince.

I'd put money on Prichard being behind this. He probably got some friend of his to go on the show. Then he's going to turn around and laugh about fooling the dirtsheets on his next podcast.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Except for Bruce being humbled by the firing.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What does Bryan Danielson listen to? Europe's, "The Final Countdown" on a repeated loop.

A sounds of the rain forests CD, while softly sobbing into his hands.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

A buddy of mine wrestles for Reality of Wrestling, where Pritchard helps out with production on the monthly shows. He's had nothing but nice things to say about him.