DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

“Hey, this backwards ass country wants to pay for my next home. Who cares if we look like shit? These fuckers won’t know the difference.”

If this shitty royal family wanted Vince to re-book the entire WrestleMania 4 card but with Hogan winning instead, he’d fucking do it for that money.

Also, is this guaranteed money? Like if they say “Sorry we won’t book that”, will that be considered a breach of contract?

Honestly, I think the Hiroki Sumi thing guaranteed that if the Saudi government asked, then WWE would make it happen- if the Saudi prince said "I want Yokozuna"." "He's dead." "I want Yokozuna." "...we'll make it happen", I would assume they'd find a way to make any booking happen.

The better question on this regard would be: What happens if the Saudi prince were to ask for something that WWE couldn't give them contractually? Like, if the Saudi prince said "...I heard really good things about the matches this Okada and Omega gentlemen you have. I would like this match to appear at the next Saudi show. Make it happen", what would WWE do in that instance?

4 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

The better question on this regard would be: What happens if the Saudi prince were to ask for something that WWE couldn't give them contractually? Like, if the Saudi prince said "...I heard really good things about the matches this Okada and Omega gentlemen you have. I would like this match to appear at the next Saudi show. Make it happen", what would WWE do in that instance?

New Japan would I assume be glad to get one of their stars on a WWE show just for the exposure as long as they got to keep them afterwards and make sure nothing too embarrassing was done to them, plus they could probably ask for a million bucks and get it, so I assume that part would be easier than one would think.

If Omega wanted to do it I assume AEW would let him as most of management there is friends with him and likely wouldn't stand in the way of what could easily be a big one match payday, but if he didn't want to do it then I assume WWE goes into bargaining mode and tries selling them on Okada vs someone dressed like Ultimate Warrior...

39 minutes ago, username said:

New Japan would I assume be glad to get one of their stars on a WWE show just for the exposure as long as they got to keep them afterwards and make sure nothing too embarrassing was done to them, plus they could probably ask for a million bucks and get it, so I assume that part would be easier than one would think.

If Omega wanted to do it I assume AEW would let him as most of management there is friends with him and likely wouldn't stand in the way of what could easily be a big one match payday, but if he didn't want to do it then I assume WWE goes into bargaining mode and tries selling them on Okada vs someone dressed like Ultimate Warrior...

That'd be the theory I'd have...if WWE said to New Japan "2 million dollars. Okada gets one million for the date. We'll send you one wrestler for a match at WrestleKingdom next year in exchange...anyone you want. You want Roman, he's yours. You want Cena, he's yours"...New Japan probably agrees.

Same token, I assume AEW would do it if WWE said same thing: "2 million dollars and we'll advertise one of your PPV events. Omega gets 1 million dollars. The Revival want to be in AEW so badly and you want them? They'll have their release after the show. No no-compete, they can debut at Fight for the Fallen if you want'...then it's entirely possible AEW agrees.

13 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Like, if the Saudi prince said "...I heard really good things about the matches this Okada and Omega gentlemen you have. I would like this match to appear at the next Saudi show. Make it happen", what would WWE do in that instance?

If that happens, Kushida's bleaching his hair for a match against Buddy Murphy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It's Arabic or possibly Urdu. The scripts look similar enough and both are Pakistani languages. That being his ethnic background, but depending where this airs Arabic would probably make more sense.

58 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Shit, don't even know who most of those bands are

Wow, really? I figured you'd know most of them. Surprisingly, I knew more than I thought I would. Some of them get a good amount of play on Sirius XM's Liquid Metal. Most of the ones I didn't know were the Finnish folk metal bands and the Swiss folk metal band.

I love the Tom Savini and George A. Romero shirts. The Romero shirt being in the style of the famous Ramones shirt is a nice touch.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie