DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

11 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I think y'all are really overestimating some people's appetite for watching other people "goof." 

Not really.

At least not in comparison to the sub-mediocre shows that people are increasingly watching less.

If the shows were good, you'd have a point. 

10 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If people watch less bad wrestling, they'd have less of a desire to watch people goof off. 

People should watch less bad wrestling. 

Looking at the ratings, it seems like that's what's happening. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Looking at the ratings, it seems like that's what's happening. 

I've seen the weekly threads. More people need to stop watching bad wrestling which they clearly don't get anything out of. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I've seen the weekly threads. More people need to stop watching bad wrestling which they clearly don't get anything out of. 

Sure, I could agree with that.

In fact, people in this thread are enjoying WWE wrestlers goofing on Twitter more than they're enjoying the WWE shows, so honestly, maybe that's the answer for them: Follow your favorite WWE wrestlers on Twitter and stop watching RAw. Seems like there might be some appetite for wrestlers goofing in that sense. Not as much as there is for good wrestling, sure, but that's not the comparison that I (or Ebert) was making. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 1

No joke, my quality of life has gone up so much now that the only non-NXT/205 WWE I watch are the PPVs. Though, that being said, MITB is an hour from my front door this year and I'll be skipping it to watch the Game of Thrones finale.. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

No joke, my quality of life has gone up so much now that the only non-NXT/205 WWE I watch are the PPVs. Though, that being said, MITB is an hour from my front door this year and I'll be skipping it to watch the Game of Thrones finale.. 

I don't think anyone who dislikes WWE's booking should be prioritizing GOT. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

GOT is still a show that is a billion times more logical than WWE.

GOT is early 98 WCW. You see the cracks, but it’s still an entertaining program. I’m expecting a finger poke of doom with the big Mountain Vs. Hound this weekend.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I was swiping at low hanging fruit. But if people want to take that crack as a representation of my actual opinion, go wild. 

There were a couple things this season that I honestly wanna go off about, but I'll stick to the GOT thread and not clutter it up here.

Oh to bring it back to Wrestling, I was talking about being semi-close to Hartford CT for MITB, and I saw a local ad with

Sasha in the MITB match.

Now whether that's about to happen or that was the original plan, I don't know. I think he or she is from the area anyway right?

10 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

What if you didn't have black chickens?

You and Silkie Washington here are going to have a talking to. Yes, that's a chicken breed.

BlackSilkieHen_2540.jpg

Edited by Ryan
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

There were a couple things this season that I honestly wanna go off about, but I'll stick to the GOT thread and not clutter it up here.

Oh to bring it back to Wrestling, I was talking about being semi-close to Hartford CT for MITB, and I saw a local ad with

Hide contents

Sasha in the MITB match.

Now whether that's about to happen or that was the original plan, I don't know. I think he or she is from the area anyway right?

Mercedes Kaestner-Varnado[8] was born in Fairfield, California, and later moved to various places, including Minnesota, to find schools and hospitals for her disabled brother.[9] Her family settled in Boston, Massachusetts, where she began her professional wrestling career.[10]

So, at some point she did.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sasha in the MITB match.

I think it was announced way before but there has been some speculation. Also the person I believe lives in Florida now.

I'm all for pleas for reductions in "Vince is an asshole" posts to be met with 10 stories, minimum, about how much of a fuckup that sentient penis wrinkle is.

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It reaches the point where the dialogue so many claim to want can't happen, because anyone who says something different is either ignored, questioned beyond rationale, or passive-aggressively labeled a WWE sycophant. None of us should have to prove ourselves for another's grasp at wrestling fandom superiority.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

It reaches the point where the dialogue so many claim to want can't happen, because anyone who says something different is either ignored, questioned beyond rationale, or passive-aggressively labeled a WWE sycophant. None of us should have to prove ourselves for another's grasp at wrestling fandom superiority.

Exactly what a shill would say! Prove me wrong!

(Just kidding Burgundy, I adore both you and your posts!)

I get where people who still find things about the shows to enjoy are coming from. It can be tiresome to hear about how much people don't like the thing in dedicated spaces to discuss the thing. 

8 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Exactly what a shill would say! Prove me wrong!

(Just kidding Burgundy, I adore both you and your posts!)

I get where people who still find things about the shows to enjoy are coming from. It can be tiresome to hear about how much people don't like the thing in dedicated spaces to discuss the thing. 

you think it's bad now, wait until November (I'll give it a month before people start to turn)