DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2019 WRESTLING TALK

Are there any apps that let you listen to paid F4W podcasts on a cell phone?  I tried using Podcast Addicts and it doesn't seem to work.  I've got a F4W sub and I just want to start listening to stuff at the gym when I have time.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I've had the Network since Day 1, cancelled a few times since 2014 (mainly because I don't use it as much as Hulu or Netflix), and just now was the first time I've ever been offered a free month instead of cancelling right now. Not saying it's related to ratings or subscription numbers, but I've seen other people online that were Day 1 subscribers say they've never been offered this, or the discounts in the WWEShop, etc. Weird timing. I went with the free month, because I like ladder matches and Becky Lynch wrestling twice at MITB makes me happy, but after that... probably won't keep it.

I remember when day 1 subscribers got some kind of gift from the WWE Shop, but I never got any sort of email. Didn't go to spam or anything. Just nothing. 

I never get surveys or other stuff either.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

Are there any apps that let you listen to paid F4W podcasts on a cell phone?  I tried using Podcast Addicts and it doesn't seem to work.  I've got a F4W sub and I just want to start listening to stuff at the gym when I have time.

I know there's a roundabout way to get them into podkicker, but I haven't subscribed in a long time.  Basically you have to subscribe to the RSS feed manually and it works, but you have to log in and put in a password somewhere.

IIRC it puts every single show into one feed which is annoying as fuck.

Edited by Tromatagon

2 hours ago, Casey said:

That's kind of @SorceressKnight's gimmick, though.

Well, that and having a board name that leaves people confused as to his gender identity. I think he said it was something to do with an old videogame or something, but if it were me, I'd have gone with Sorcerous (pertaining to Sorcery) rather than Sorceress (a female Sorcerer).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Technico Support said:

@OSJ mentioned Dunn claiming that they're not making "a wrestling show."  That's a huge part of the issue.  The company is lead by Vince and Dunn, two guys who are deep-down ashamed of being involved in "rasslin" so they do all they can to make it not feel like wrestling.  The problem is that people like wrestling.  You take away all the conventional stuff and replace it with bullshit and it's no wonder fans are tuning out in droves.  Instead of making a good wrestling show, they're trying to make a piss poor comedy/drama/variety show.  I can get far better programs in all those categories literally anywhere else. 

I have a fuckton of movies in physical media.  Love movies.

I've dated girls who, when gift giving holidays arrive, have told me, "I'm not going to get you movies.  I'm going to get you something you'll really like."

WWE is like those exgirlfriends.  "I know you enjoy movies and want to see more movies.  Here's a 12 piece cookware set, happy birthday."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, nate said:

I've dated girls who, when gift giving holidays arrive, have told me, "I'm not going to get you movies.  I'm going to get you something you'll really like."

WWE is like those exgirlfriends.  "I know you enjoy movies and want to see more movies.  Here's a 12 piece cookware set, happy birthday."

You looking to unload a cookware set? 

• Haha 4

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
22 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

We're analyzing board names now?

I'd like to report that, if this is indeed the case, I am an actual human and not a highly sentient robot.

Edited by Stefanie the Human

17 minutes ago, nate said:

This is why I love my wife. I asked for pipe clamps for woodworking, the Beastie Boys Book, and a couple other things and that's exactly what I got.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, nate said:

I just laughed at this because I had an ex who gave me the most practical gifts for birthdays and holidays. I was always grateful for the most part and would be like, thanks for these dishes, thanks for these socks, but before one Valentine's Day - maybe our last one as a couple, which in retrospect has some meaning - I basically had to campaign for her to get me that Mick Foley's Greatest Hits and Misses DVD that had recently come out instead of some dishtowels or some shit that I could pick up at a dollar store on a random Tuesday. 

OTOH, my wife gets me Tintin and Asterix books and movies that I like from the Criterion Collection and cooking gadgets that I actually really want like air fryers and other dope shit when she buys me gifts. She's the best. If AEW lives up to the lofty awesomeness of my wife, it'll be quite the alternative for wrestling fans, tbh. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I'd like to report that, if this is indeed the case, I am an actual human and not a highly sentient robot.

That's exactly what a highly sentient robot would say to avoid suspicion.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Honestly, whenever I read one of your posts, I always picture you as Kristen Bell because of your avi.

Which is a compliment. The insult would be if I pictured you as Arizona dirtbag Eleanor Shellstrop. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The reason Bryan v. Reigns still gets talked about so much is it was an indicator of what a post-Cena world was going to look like. Forget the discussion of Bryan's marketability, it was really a question of whether WWE would go with what was actually connecting vs. what they wanted. Cena spoiled WWE. He could drum up a program with just about anyone on the roster in a segment and whether people liked him or hated him he always connected. 

They took for granted that other performers were going to connect in the same way. That has not happened. We're now several years into the post-Cena WWE.  They've spent years pushing Lesnar, Reigns and Rollins on the audience. There is almost no interest in the main event programs.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Well, that and having a board name that leaves people confused as to his gender identity. I think he said it was something to do with an old videogame or something, but if it were me, I'd have gone with Sorcerous (pertaining to Sorcery) rather than Sorceress (a female Sorcerer).

Who gives a shit.

Edit: Ryan stands for something mysterious and too complicated to talk about.

Edited by Ryan

So originally it was supposed to be Razor Ramon Vs. Goldust in a Miami Alley Street Fight at WrestleMania 12, and the implication was that they were going to have it in Miami. Were they really going to do that? Did they have actual locations scouted?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Edit: Ryan stands for something mysterious and too complicated to talk about.

If I was feeling uncharitable, I'd suggest it was an acronym for "Rant, Yell, Add Nothing". But I'm not. So clearly it stands for "Respond: Yes; Alternatively, No".

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

This is why I love my wife. I asked for pipe clamps for woodworking, the Beastie Boys Book, and a couple other things and that's exactly what I got.

I'm blocking you.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I just laughed at this because I had an ex who gave me the most practical gifts for birthdays and holidays. I was always grateful for the most part and would be like, thanks for these dishes, thanks for these socks, but before one Valentine's Day - maybe our last one as a couple, which in retrospect has some meaning - I basically had to campaign for her to get me that Mick Foley's Greatest Hits and Misses DVD that had recently come out instead of some dishtowels or some shit that I could pick up at a dollar store on a random Tuesday. 

OTOH, my wife gets me Tintin and Asterix books and movies that I like from the Criterion Collection and cooking gadgets that I actually really want like air fryers and other dope shit when she buys me gifts. She's the best. If AEW lives up to the lofty awesomeness of my wife, it'll be quite the alternative for wrestling fans, tbh. 

Thing is - and this is kind of a catch-all reply to everyone that's mentioned my original comment - *I already had a 12 piece cookware set*.  Now, I've had exes do the "I'm not going to get you movies" thing on me, but they would follow it up with:

1) Getting me something I didn't need.

2) Getting me something I already had.

3) Getting me something I couldn't use.

4) Getting something on sale initially intended for someone else, but then opt to give me the present that was meant for that someone else after she forgot to give them the present in the first place.  I've gotten more nephew's/dad's/brother's gifts than I've gotten my own.

Jesus, I've had bad relationships.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Honestly, whenever I read one of your posts, I always picture you as Kristen Bell because of your avi.

Which is a compliment. The insult would be if I pictured you as Arizona dirtbag Eleanor Shellstrop. 

This ties into the whole point. 

You'd think an avatar based on Final Fantasy 8, which flat out has in one point Rinoa saying "I'm a Sorceress, save me", and then "Yay, you're my knight!", might possibly give an idea on what my name comes from, but who am I to know?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

This ties into the whole point. 

You'd think an avatar based on Final Fantasy 8, which flat out has in one point Rinoa saying "I'm a Sorceress, save me", and then "Yay, you're my knight!", might possibly give an idea on what my name comes from, but who am I to know?

I feel bad now. I have never actually bothered to pay attention to your avatar so I never knew where you're name came from. It feels obvious now with you pointing it out.

• Like 1