DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Little Woodsie - 4/30/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Michael Cole being handed a pancake and meekly tossing it to the ringside floor rather than A. eating it(to a likely big pop) or B. chucking it in to the crowd(to a likely big pop) shows all you need to know about Michael Cole's personality.

1 minute ago, Peck said:

Michael Cole being handed a pancake and meekly tossing it to the ringside floor rather than A. eating it(to a likely big pop) or B. chucking it in to the crowd(to a likely big pop) shows all you need to know about Michael Cole's personality.

He yelled at a guy for wearing shorts instead of wearing a tuxedo to a wrestling show, what do you expect?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Peck said:

I've been saying it since 2001, Michael Cole deserved that ass kicking at the hands of Steve Austin. Since it never gets old:

The guy in the blue shirt behind Cole is hilarious.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

The SDL side for MITB is decent enough I suppose. Would have preferred Sonya in over Mandy.

Becky vs. Bayley was pretty good. Bayley on SDL is nice and fresh, but it would be nicer to see her win a big singles match. I get that not happening here or last week, but I do hope she beats whoever she faces next.

I assume we are getting Lars vs. R-Truth at MITB.

That Asuka/Kairi Sane theme music combo is the absolute laziest thing imaginable. Give them some sweet new music instead of always doing this mish mash stuff.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've been saying it since 2001, Michael Cole deserved that ass kicking at the hands of Steve Austin. Since it never gets old:

The guy in the blue shirt behind Cole is hilarious.

I still say people were willing to boo Austin if they kept at it but both sides gave in to the goofier side of the heel character.  Probably because it was more fun and safer in the long run.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

That Asuka/Kairi Sane theme music combo is the absolute laziest thing imaginable. 

No, the laziest thing imaginable is just naming 8 random men and women for MITB and not even bothering to have qualifying matches or do anything to make any of the people in it seem remotely special.  

• Like 10

I totally get all the Ariel jokes they made, but I literally instantly asked "who's Poison Ivy?"

Becky/Bayley was fun.

Nice to see them booking Kofi to Walk Tall and be, you know, a top face.

• Like 1

I liked that each MITB match has at least one person (possibly more) whose most recent match prior to the announcement was a clean loss (Ricochet and Bayley - who doubled down by immediately losing cleanly again)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I liked that each MITB match has at least one person (possibly more) whose most recent match prior to the announcement was a clean loss (Ricochet and Bayley - who doubled down by immediately losing cleanly again)

Also: Orton. Ali. Corbin. Andrade. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

One other thought I had during this show: it's likely months away, but I'm guessing Lars is being built up specifically for Roman. Which is good, clean, old fashioned booking, build a monster, let him run through the midcard, have the top face beat him.

Plus, WWE's squandering of it aside, that same model worked like gangbusters to make Braun a star.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I totally get all the Ariel jokes they made, but I literally instantly asked "who's Poison Ivy?"

Uma Thurman in the worst Batman movie, Batman and Robin

• Like 1