DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Sami the Sociologist - 4/29/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I mean it isn't surprising but it is weird that they gave Naomi/Bayley a win over the IIconics and then not only are they no longer a team but Naomi isn't even finding a new partner to go for the tag titles.

I guess Dana got the spot that was earmarked for Sasha

Has Ruby Riott started cryptically emo tweeting yet?

I should also note, The Usos assaulted The Revival by a incredibly inappropriate filming of them *in the shower*, and danced all around calling them queer.  

But they're the faces.  

• Like 1

I love that they continue the tradition of Naomi being one of the few to consistently have Alexa’s number. 

I can’t believe that they didn’t put Ruby Riott in the Money in the Bank match. Despite the constant losses, commentary still tried to build her up as just being a win away from greatness. Weird to have her sit this one out. 

I enjoyed the Becky/Lacey brawl. 

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I should also note, The Usos assaulted The Revival by a incredibly inappropriate filming of them *in the shower*, and danced all around calling them queer.  

But they're the faces.  

I didn't watch much of RAW last night. Saw that clip on youtube and it was so weird. Like almost all the men on the roster do that or body waxing. Vince is weird when he wants to make fun of someone.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

But they're the faces.  

So is everybody on the roster naturally smooth except for Dawson? This seems impossible, but I’ll allow it. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

We will find out officially tonight how they are going to handle Jeff Hardy's injury but with Gallows and Anderson being moved to RAW, SDL men's tag teams are (again not counting the Hardys who aren't gonna be tag champs for much longer)

• New Day
  • Rusev/Nakamura
  • B-Team
  • Heavy Machinery
  • Colons

That's fucking grim

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I misread that at first and thought the Usos were literally dancing around and calling The Revival queer. It was an odd mental image.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

We will find out officially tonight how they are going to handle Jeff Hardy's injury but with Gallows and Anderson being moved to RAW, SDL men's tag teams are (again not counting the Hardys who aren't gonna be tag champs for much longer)

• New Day
  • Rusev/Nakamura
  • B-Team
  • Heavy Machinery
  • Colons

That's fucking grim

Hasn't SDL usually only had around 5-6 teams since the split? Also aside from the B-Team every team there is actually good. The Colons just don't get to do shit for whatever reason.

It’s kinda bizarre that they gave Roode the win over Riccochet (Also is this the first time they’ve done the ricochet sound effect before his theme starts? Cuz it’s terrible) then put Riccochet in the MITB and not the guy who beat him, right?!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Hasn't SDL usually only had around 5-6 teams since the split? Also aside from the B-Team every team there is actually good. The Colons just don't get to do shit for whatever reason.

I wouldn't count Heavy Machinery as "good" - Otis fun as all get out but I wouldn't call them a "good" team but I guess they are going to be battling Rusev/Nakamura for the titles. 

New Day frankly shouldn't be considered as long as Big E is out and Kofi is champ - because, in theory, that puts them out of the conversation for tag titles

And the Colons definitely don't count since the last time they wrestled period was end of Feb. (They have had a grand total of 7 matches for the WWE in 2019. None on TV)

17 minutes ago, caley said:

It’s kinda bizarre that they gave Roode the win over Riccochet (Also is this the first time they’ve done the ricochet sound effect before his theme starts? Cuz it’s terrible) then put Riccochet in the MITB and not the guy who beat him, right?!

It's not the first time they've done the Ricochet sound effect. It is indeed really, really awful. I first noticed it weeks ago, maybe around the time they added that ridiculous creaking sound to Black's entrance. Someone else on here even commented something along the lines of "we get it Vince, we're not children, we don't need this bullet ricocheting sound cue to let us know his name is Ricochet."

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Sami is just feeling too much like "Vince bitching about the fans through a wrestler" with a side of "Vince bitching about the guys who want to quit"

Last time Sami was on Jericho's podcast, he was talking about taking a step back and thinking about how toxic social media can be. This seems like a case of taking a guy and turning him up to 11.

Of course everyone seems to know what goes on in Vince McMahon's head, so people are going to do that thing.

• Like 1

Favorite parts of the show were Alexa/Naomi and the shoes bit, Lashley/Miz/Shane stuff, and the Viking Experience.. as Jamal mentioned kind of neat unintentional continuity to have Naomi still always getting the best of Alexa in their encounters. If Lio's gone, pair Lashley with Shane O.

5 hours ago, caley said:

Hated this move, would've loved to have seen Roode in the match with a seemingly renewed push after last week but instead.. nothing while Ricochet gets rewarded coming off the loss.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I mean it isn't surprising but it is weird that they gave Naomi/Bayley a win over the IIconics and then not only are they no longer a team but Naomi isn't even finding a new partner to go for the tag titles.

I guess Dana got the spot that was earmarked for Sasha

Has Ruby Riott started cryptically emo tweeting yet?

Nikki Cross would have been a better choice than Dana Brooke. If she has to be separated from Killian, at least come up with something for her.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

So, uh.... when does Ruby Riott ask to be released or sent to NXT or NXT UK to do some gimmick rehab? Her and her stable have done nothing since Evolution and she;s getting passed up on by Dana Brooke for MITB? Very nice career trajectory.

With Ruby given that they separated the Squad I think there is a chance she's looking at a bit of a retooling in which case her missing a month or so while they figure it out isn't the worst thing in the world. If we get to a couple of months with nothing then I think it is safe to start asking that.

Edited by username