DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Sami the Sociologist - 4/29/2019

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Favorite parts of the show were Alexa/Naomi and the shoes bit, Lashley/Miz/Shane stuff, and the Viking Experience.. as Jamal mentioned kind of neat unintentional continuity to have Naomi still always getting the best of Alexa in their encounters. If Lio's gone, pair Lashley with Shane O.

Hated this move, would've loved to have seen Roode in the match with a seemingly renewed push after last week but instead.. nothing while Ricochet gets rewarded coming off the loss.

I love Ricochet and am about him in MITB but what you said is totally spot on. You make this big deal about Roode changing his name, changing his look, he's more serious now and beats your new up and coming star who has been all over all the shows leading up to WrestleMania. And the next week, he's not only not on the show but the guy he beat is in the match. Why? How did the other three get in? Its the little details that matter. Why should I give a shit about Roode and his moustache if you don't even think he's important enough to mention one week after? Shit, you can fill up some time on your 3 hour program by having him raise hell about "I beat this asshole and he gets a spot in MITB? Guess I'll have to kick his ass again!"

• Thanks 2

On 4/30/2019 at 7:23 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I should also note, The Usos assaulted The Revival by a incredibly inappropriate filming of them *in the shower*, and danced all around calling them queer.  

But they're the faces.  

You'd think "make fun of someone by insinuating they're gay" would no longer be an acceptable thing on TV in 2019.  But this is WWE. 

There's something to be said here for Vince loving bodybuilding -- watching hairless, oiled, muscular young men wearing grape smugglers and showing off their bodies -- while being a raging homophobe.  He's like those gay conversion guys who come out years later. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Technico Support said:

You'd think "make fun of someone by insinuating they're gay" would no longer be an acceptable thing on TV in 2019.  But this is WWE. 

There's something to be said here for Vince loving bodybuilding -- watching hairless, oiled, muscular young men wearing grape smugglers and showing off their bodies -- while being a raging homophobe.  He's like those gay conversion guys who come out years later. 

I see Vince being into receiving, not giving. It wouldn't make him gay by his twisted logic. This is just my speculation, but in Vince's mind, giving Pat Patterson a hummer is gay, whereas getting a hummer from Pat Patterson isn't gay.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I see Vince being into receiving, not giving, so in his twisted logic, it wouldn't make him gay. Again, this is just my speculation, but in Vince's mind, giving Pat Patterson a hummer is gay, getting a hummer from Pat Patterson isn't gay.

So, basically "prison gay" criteria.

Edited by nate
  • Like 2