DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Sami the Sociologist - 4/29/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I swear to god, I could listen to Sami just tell everyone, including me, why they suck for three hours. 

I'm sure this is setting up Braun squishing him like a bug in a few weeks, but I'll take this for now. 

• Like 1

The Firefly Funhouse continues to be a weird thing that I'm not sure how to feel about. Its certainly something though and easily the most interesting thing Bray has done in years.

The Raw lineup for the MITB matches is not terrible, but kind few weak. Naomi should be fun. So Sasha definitely not coming back w/o some sort of major change going of of her lack of being in this. Otherwise there is no way in hell Dana Brooke would be in.

So did AJ turn heel tonight? Wonder if Gallows and Anderson will be his goons.

The Becky/Lacey brawl was nice.

I'm pretty indifferent to this Lacy/Becky program but because of it I'm going to try my best to refer to someone as "an absolute plank" the next time they piss me off.

The show as a whole wasn't bad, but the Miz/Shane feud continuing is utter shit. 

I hope The Usos and The Revival get 20+ minutes at some point, because that's going to be awesome if they can both do their thing.

I would have gone with Sami the Sociopath. I could see Vince backstage saying the same thing verbatim.

Joe/Rey was fine until the ending. It looked like Joe forgot that was the finish or was supposed to kick out and didn't. I'm going to be disappointed if this feud doesn't have Joe choking out Dominic.

I loved this week's Firefly Funhouse. Sociopath as the word of the day was hilarious. I'm all in on Firefly Funhouse if it leads to the return of Bray as the Max Cady/Waylon Mercy based character.

I immediately recognized that scream from this:

Copycat is a really underrated movie that had the misfortune of being released around the same time as Se7en.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So did AJ turn heel tonight? Wonder if Gallows and Anderson will be his goons.

That's the way it felt, and AJ mentioning that Seth's brothers are gone made it feel like we may see AJ and the Good Brothers reunited.

12 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Re Miz: Why does this company insist on booking babyfaces as idiots who get outsmarted by heels? Stupid babyface=Not a babyface.

because the owner is a heel that believes he's smarter than all the peons beneath him

• Like 5

Was the crowd absolutely silent at certain points or was it just me. When Revival came out and defended themselves it seemed to me like the crowd was just dead. And they also seemed to die during Miz TV. 

Wonder if Revival did turn down the new contract?

Machine Gun and Gallows should have won...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Valcourt said:

Was the crowd absolutely silent at certain points or was it just me. When Revival came out and defended themselves it seemed to me like the crowd was just dead. And they also seemed to die during Miz TV. 

Wonder if Revival did turn down the new contract?

Machine Gun and Gallows should have won...

It wasn't just you. I got a huge kick out of Rollins saying Raw crowds are the craziest and they responded with like the most tepid reaction.

This was a pretty okay show.  Thought the Becky-Evans brawl was pretty great.  Somebody is big on Lacey as how often do heels walk out and go toe to toe with the faces without a sneak attack?!

Whats really weird is how in the last 6 months to a year WWE has started to bleed a lot of TNA-like production errors and missed cues.  Like when the Usos came out and the commentary said they were going to do something never been done before, the just stopped talking, then the Usos picked up the mic but didn’t say anything and after a few moments of nobody saying anything the commentary came back and threw to commercial.  It’s just weird and bad.  

Also you can tell that whoever runs Raw (Vince, Dunn...) don’t watch Smackdown as you have a team like the Usos who were just HATED when they left Raw who reinvent themselves as badass trash talking heels who get so over they turn face and then they come to Raw and it’s all: dance more, sing along to your theme song, cut wacky promos.  In other words, do all the stuff you were disliked for and stop doing the stuff that got you over.  

He's getting plenty of time to talk every single week and he's not trading wins and losses with anyone. If it's not a push, it's at least a rub. 

My brain has already penciled Sami in as the next challenger after Seth's done with AJ. Sooner the better. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Sami is just feeling too much like "Vince bitching about the fans through a wrestler" with a side of "Vince bitching about the guys who want to quit"

I mean, Sami is doing it really well (he does damn near everything well) but...

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Sami is just feeling too much like "Vince bitching about the fans through a wrestler" with a side of "Vince bitching about the guys who want to quit"

I mean, Sami is doing it really well (he does damn near everything well) but...

You can practically see Vince's hand up Sami's ass.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've enjoyed Sami's segments, especially him cheerily telling the fans to go to hell, but the whole thing is way too derivative of Bryan's promos since turning heel. They're essentially the same thing without the overzealous environmental references.

• Like 1