DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/10/19

Taped for Xplosion: Killer Kross def. Tyson Dux via Krossjacket Choke submission

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 10, 2019 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

*LAX (Ortiz & Santana w/ Konnan) def. Moose & Josh Alexander when Santana pinned Alexander.

*Madison Rayne def. Taya Valkyrie in a non title match via half crab submission. Tessa Blanchard did commentary.

*Jordynne Grace def. Alexia Nicole with the Grace Driver.

*Rob Van Dam def. Ethan Page (w/ Josh Alexander) with the Five Star Frog Splash

*The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju & Raj Singh w/ The Great Gama) def. The Deaners (Cody Deaner & Cousin Jake), Aiden Prince & Brent Banks, and The Rascalz in a four way tag when Rohit Raju pinned Cody Deaner.

*oVe (Sami Callihan, Jake Crist, Dave Crist, & Madman Fulton) def. Rich Swann, Willie Mack, Tommy Dreamer, & Fallah Bahh in an oVe Rules Street Fight when Callihan pinned Mack after a Piledriver on legos.

Edited by DreamBroken

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Why would you have Willie Mack take the fall when 48 year old Tommy Dreamer is in the match?

As a fellow 48-year-old, I'd like to speak for Mr. Dreamer by saying, "I'm too old to take a Lego Driver."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

That Dreamer promo was awesome! And Scarlett Bordeaux was once Beulah McGillicutty's niece? That's odd. Wasn't Beulah Brian Pillman' niece once?? Does that mean Scarlett is Pillman's granddaughter?

Happy smiling Tessa Blanchard seems a bit of a sudden switch. Madison winning by immediate tapout to just a half crab is presumably some sort of Taya 'losing streak on purpose' angle.

Rosemary vs Su in a Demon Collar match... presumably just a dog collar match. Hopefully without the stupid turnbuckle touching to win. Nowt wrong with pinfall or submission. Then Jordynne Grace with a nice squash, and then Keira Hogan turning heel in a promo. Three straight Knockouts segments. I've been saying for a while how this promotion handles the women's division better, and here they are... WWE has five hours of TV, Impact has two hours, but Impact gives more minutes to the women. Proves my point. Thanks Impact.

RVD has always had this habit of doing the same moves in every match. Which can kind of blind you to the fact that everything he does is athletically very difficult. It was impressive enough when he was 26. The fact that he's still hitting all of his spots now he's a 48 year old Bruce Willis lookalike is pretty incredible.

Four corners tag, it was short. And about half of it consisted of the Desi Hit Squad squashing Prince & Banks, when the people really wanted to see the Deaners and the Rascalz. But then the Rascalz got a promo with LAX, in which LAX offered them shots...of tequila. Which, why they didn't ask for title shots instead I don't know.

Main event, and the faces all get individual entrances because they're egomaniacs, whilst the heels roll out as a unit because they are prepared to sacrifice individual glory for the good of the collective. oVe are Browns fans, no doubt inspiring a Who Dey from all right minded Wrestling fans. Willie Mack did a Tope Con Hilo and almost got powerbombed on the landing. Fallah's tope was nutty as hell. Dreamer doing a dive was pretty mad as well. He never did anything like that as a young man. Madman Fulton finally got to look like a monster, for a little while. Fallah took some ungodly bumps for a big guy. I'm guessing he's trying to establish himself as a more serious guy now, he's basically been somewhat of a comedy wrestler the last couple of years. The visual of Fulton climbing the ladder behind Swann was some horror movie stuff. The law of deathmatch spot elevation means that Lego is now officially more painful and deadly than barbed wire. Seems unlikely, Willie taking the loss, to me that implies they haven't dropped the thing they were teasing about Kross trying to get Mack to turn on Swann. Because like Eddie said, you'd think Dreamer was the more expendable guy on the team. But lately in this company, things happen for a reason.

And Dreamer did take a Lego bump at 48. Just not off of a Piledriver. He DDT'ed two guys. Might have been worse.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I thought Buelah was Pillman’s girlfriend in Stampede (work, maybe shoot). 

She was Pillman's sister in Stampede. She was his girlfriend at the time.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

That main event was tons of fun, Fallah is a joy to watch, I love all his regular “flying big man” spots and that super Samoan drop was something else (although shout out to Fulton as that was almost a suicide dive on his part).

I thought Callis was great on commentary, don’t know what it was but he seemed more “on it” than he has been lately

Main event was a lot of fun as expected. Loved the spot where Fallah caught Fulton off the ladder with a mid-air samoan drop, crazy. Agreed on the knockouts division being top notch. Tessa, Taya, and Madison have been doing some of my favorite overall work of 2019, character wise and in-ring, especially against each other. Good to have RVD back. Solid promos setting up next week from Rosemary and Kross.

33 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Main event was a lot of fun as expected. Loved the spot where Fallah caught Fulton off the ladder with a mid-air samoan drop, crazy. Agreed on the knockouts division being top notch. Tessa, Taya, and Madison have been doing some of my favorite overall work of 2019, character wise and in-ring, especially against each other. Good to have RVD back. Solid promos setting up next week from Rosemary and Kross.

I can't wait to watch this around Tuesday/Wednesday.

• Like 1

The main event was the best match on TV last week beating both Kofi title defense's and D Bry/Rowan winning the tag belts. 

Taya tapped out quick to Madison to save her any pain since she knew it was non title and didn't care if she lost. 

• Like 1