DVDVR Message Board

PROGRESS: WWE's UK Pals

RIPPA

Okay - this has been due for a bit but I was reminded to do it with the news that this past weekend's NXT UK tapings were partly written and produced by PROGESS' crew

Also - Brackets for SSS16 are out

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently this is the end of Jimmy Havoc in Progress as they did a great video on his time there.  But I am not sure why they can't use him.  Is it because he is signed with MLW and/or AEW or because of Progress being the developmental of NXT UK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished Super Strong Style 16 and while there wasn't a ton of blow away matches it was very good action on all 3 nights and the final is tremendous. Very happy with the winner and where it should lead down the road. That being said Jordan Devlin may have had the best showing overall during the weekend. 

Jimmy Havoc had his last Progress match on Night 3 and left approximately 20 pints of blood behind. He was disturbingly covered head to toe and his white gear just made it all the more gory.

Trevor Lee heeling up as an "NXT Superstar" was world class.  I am going to miss that from him, but who knows maybe he can cultivate a variation of that schtick in NXT.

• 3 weeks later...
On May 28, 2019 at 9:11 AM, ComingToAmerica said:

https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com/media/1970s-cut-chapter-70%3A-27th-may-1978/75933/feature

Apologies if posted elsewhere, I think Progress do a Southpawesque retro show once a year and they just put up a retro cut of last year's.

This years show was an absolute blast. It's this kind of amazingly fun evening that makes me very happy the days of carny con job kayfabe are dead. 

Actually - Smallman was doing a Q&A on Twitter and said he has been working for NXT UK behind the scenes for over a year and that is his "full time job". So its not that he is joining NXT UK, it is that is the only thing he is going to be doing wrestling wise

This suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Smallman is such a huge part of what makes Progress shows so much fun. I'll never be unhappy with someone being successful and doing what they want...but selfishly...I fucking hate hate hate it. Seriously I would rather lose good workers(which is happening aplenty anyway) than Jim. 

• Like 1

Finally watched WALTHER vs Kingston. A slugfest as expected with Kingston just absorbing a vicious beating and selling better than anyone else in the business right now. Absolutely go out of your way to check it out. Also ymmv but Devlin/Dragunov was quite epic as well even if it veered into overkill at times.

Moustache Mountain vs Lee and Riddle, it sure as hell doesn't solve Progress' various glaring problems, but it'll be a hell of a match and I want to see it. Currently I'm genuinely torn between going to the Ally Pally show and Watford vs Arsenal, two things I love that are currently awful...