DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT Rebellion PPV (Sunday, April 28, 2019)

So, Elgin debuts and IMPACT hopes that everyone has either forgotten or forgiven his bullshit and what does he do?  

Put Brian Cage in the hospital.

Fuck Michael Elgin.

• Like 3

To be fair, Cage was injured taking the Spanish Fly off the ramp during the match. Which probably explains some of the rougher spots in the match and more blatant than usual spot calling going on later in the match. He did an interview earlier today,

“Right when we hit, I’m rolling and the pain shoots down, through my leg. It was a feeling that I’ve never had in my life,” Cage said. Cage was instantly worried about his back but returned to the ring to finish the match. He felt the same shooting pain in his leg and said it felt like he had no strength there. He said he felt “so slow and robotic” in his movements, because of the pain. Cage said he shouldn’t be out of the ring for too long, if at all. He was diagnosed with a bruised bone and severe inflammation. Doctors also said he could have a small fracture, but nothing major.

Tessa vs Gail was really good aside from a couple blown spots, most notably Gail going way early on the ringpost 619. This was a well done passing of the torch. In terms of presence and conveying story in the ring, Tessa outclassed her every step of the way. And that red gear was money. 

Not a fan of everyone crying and hugging after a bitter rivalry. I'll chalk it up to Tully having a lot of influence over his daughter. I remember when Magnum and Tully hugged at Starrcade. Good callback. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Tessa vs Gail was really good aside from a couple blown spots, most notably Gail going way early on the ringpost 619. This was a well done passing of the torch. In terms of presence and conveying story in the ring, Tessa outclassed her every step of the way. And that red gear was money. 

Not a fan of everyone crying and hugging after a bitter rivalry. I'll chalk it up to Tully having a lot of influence over his daughter. I remember when Magnum and Tully hugged at Starrcade. Good callback. 

It sets up a Tessa face turn nicely to go after Taya.

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Still... 

I look at it like two hockey teams lining up and shaking hands at the end of a hard fought playoff series. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I look at it like like two hockey teams lining up and shaking hands at the end of a hard fought playoff series. 

Sure. But I don’t watch wrestling for that.

Still, this territory has been gone over many times before. So I’ll drop it.

33 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I look at it like like two hockey teams lining up and shaking hands at the end of a hard fought playoff series. 

Some people though like the Billy Smith's of the world that would say fuck your handshakes until youre golfing and having a beer after the season

19 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Sure. But I don’t watch wrestling for that.

Still, this territory has been gone over many times before. So I’ll drop it.

You don't have to drop anything. Your opinion and feelings about it are just as valid as anyone else's. I didn't say you're wrong and I'm not trying to change your mind about it.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You don't have to drop anything. Your opinion and feelings about it are just as valid as anyone else's. I didn't say you're wrong and I'm not trying to change your mind about it.

Thanks. I just meant that I’m not keen on belabouring my point. Didn’t mean to imply you were doing either of those things. Just that I’m running out of anything of value to add.