DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Playoffs: QUARTERFINALS

Contentious C

Well where are the excuses for the Rockets tonight?   Another loss without Durant on the floor. This one at home.  They are done.  Goodbye and good riddance too.  They'll never win a championship with this squad.  CP3 and Harden are choke artists. 

• Like 1

No excuses. Houston had their best shot here. Ouch

Tough to watch. CP3 played his best game. Both teams were sloppy but Golden State hit so many shots in the 4th.

Slowly backs out of thread for incoming Lawful posts.

Edited by _MJ_

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well where are the excuses for the Rockets tonight?   Another loss without Durant on the floor. This one at home.  They are done.  Goodbye and good riddance too.  They'll never win a championship with this squad.  CP3 and Harden are choke artists. 

I think the biggest issue that they have is that they don't really have any plan Bs.  They are really good at what they do, but the Warriors are too good on D for you to never switch it up.  

The thing about this Warriors dynasty that is so underrated is that at their best they are as good on defense as on offense, and as good at the rim as they are from deep.  If they have to switch up and do something else, they are actually as good at the next thing as the first thing.  And the Steph Curry 4th quarter and OT free throw stat is ridiculous.  

I was really torn about GSW/Houston because they're my two least favorite good teams in basketball. But I think this ending was pretty perfect. Moreyball is a snooze to watch. As singularly great as Harden is, I'm totally fine not seeing his dribbling exhibition for 15 seconds before a step-back three for another few months or their attempts to get to the FT line non-stop. But, most importantly, I love that a team based on breaking down the math of the game (and making it a particularly joyless, artless watch) lost because they couldn't be bothered to do simple Norman Dale stuff like box out or make sure there's rim protection.

It was great seeing a pre-KD throwback Golden State performance tonight. I really loved watching those crazy teams, as much as Draymond is a tool. But those teams whipping the ball all over the court and The Splash Brothers going crazy were fun. They reinvented basketball, and in a way that I really enjoyed watching. Post-KD Golden State is just a friggin' inevitable machine and there's nothing fun in that.

Either way: I'm absolutely pulling for either Portland or Denver to steal the next round. 

• Like 3

It's weird. I could easily see Portland beating Denver, and I can imagine Denver upsetting GDW, especially if KD isn't 100%.

But I absolutely cannot imagine Portland beating GSW.

35 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Post-KD Golden State is just a friggin' inevitable machine and there's nothing fun in that.

Bullshit. I like the Knick fans hyping themselves up to get Durant only to get their hearts broken by something for the seven hundredth time in the last fifteen years. That's ALWAYS fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Bullshit. I like the Knick fans hyping themselves up to get Durant only to get their hearts broken by something for the seven hundredth time in the last fifteen years. That's ALWAYS fun.

I think he meant post-signing KD the Warriors have felt inevitable, not that KD leaving is.

8 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think he meant post-signing KD the Warriors have felt inevitable, not that KD leaving is.

No, I was saying that's the best part of the Warriors dominating with KD.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's weird. I could easily see Portland beating Denver, and I can imagine Denver upsetting GDW, especially if KD isn't 100%.

But I absolutely cannot imagine Portland beating GSW.

I say this expecting Toronto to win game 7.  A nobody market is probably going to the NBA Finals.  TWO nobody markets isn't happening.  EVER.  Bucks-Nuggets or any non-Warriors match-up would be the least-watched NBA Finals in the last 30 years.  Warriors should get there anyway.   But if they need help....it'll be there.

9 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Bucks-Nuggets or any non-Warriors match-up would be the least-watched NBA Finals in the last 30 years.  

With the NBA finals being available on every form of media now and how they calculate total viewership from everyone of them, is that even possible? That goes especially in this era of the NBA.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think the only team balanced enough to beat the Warriors is maybe the Bucks because they can do so many things on offense and defense,  still..  it's a little too much Bledsoe.  I don't like a team that reliant on Bledsoe.

I'm pretty sure GSW and the Raptors split their season series.

Great game by Klay and of course Curry was going to show up at the end.

CP3 had his best game of the playoffs but it wasn’t enough.

Plenty of blame to go around for the Rockets, but their team defensive intensity was well below what is needed in a close out game.  Almost like they took their foot off the gas for some reason.

Gerald Green making his first 3 might have been the worst thing for the Rockets last night.  They sat Harden a little longer than they should have in the 4th. In that stretch Green forced up some real nonsense.  

Shouts to that one play where the Rockets had a 3 on 1 fast break.  PJ should have shot it, but decided to reset the offense.  Unfortunately he threw it back to Gerald Green who said nah fuck that.

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

I'm pretty sure GSW and the Raptors split their season series.

I don't think the Raptors will have enough firepower if they play Golden State. Kawhi is playing at a ridiculous level but I still don't trust Lowry and then their other option is Siakam.  I like that the Bucks can dominate under the basket and then also hit like 20 threes. They're all dunks/layups and 3's.  

It’s funny that this wrestling message board, who generally hates the ace, really really loves the frontrunners in sports.

Couldn’t be me.

Edited by Jrag

I've hated the Warriors since KD went there.  I don't hate one particular player but it was something we've never seen and will never see again most likely.  Warriors coming off a 73-9 season where okay they blew a 3-1 lead to LeBron but they were still going to be contenders for years and they add an MVP caliber player to it.  I don't believe KD owed it to the league to go somewhere else but it was a move that most alphas would not have done.  Bird and Magic wanted to beat each other.  Jordan wanted to nuke the competition.  A lot of guys in today's NBA still want to be THE guy on their own team.  KD felt he didn't want to try to beat Curry anymore. 

• Like 1