DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Playoffs: QUARTERFINALS

Contentious C

You can have the KD/Harden debate...   give me Kawhi.   Look at his numbers.  He's averaging well over 30+ a game in this series and a mind boggling FG %.   Anything else you can do for us Kawhi?   Oh sure...  Jimmy Buckets is red hot so I'll go cool him off real quick.   What a performance. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

You can have the KD/Harden debate...   give me Kawhi.   Look at his numbers.  He's averaging well over 30+ a game in this series and a mind boggling FG %.   Anything else you can do for us Kawhi?   Oh sure...  Jimmy Buckets is red hot so I'll go cool him off real quick.   What a performance. 

He's really started rounding back into form on defense. Like, he certainly wasn't bad this season, but he wasn't the seemingly genetically engineered perfect defender he was before the injury. He's starting to look like that again, which should terrify the rest of the NBA.

• Like 1

LOL Kawhi.

who sat out an entire season to protest against Pop and the Spurs, aka the best run team in the NBA. 

and has to have “load management” days off. 

Next someone will try to say that Anthony Davis should be in this conversation.

What Kawhi is doing in this series is mind boggling. He is making all the tough ones too, but just completely automatic when Philly slips up on their rotations. He might carry this to 7, but I still see the Sixers winning.  Great series so far.

If we are ranking the best players still alive in these playoffs it’s clearly KD and Kawhi at 1 and 2. 

The rest of them are fighting for 3rd.

Edited by Jrag

20 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Giannis gets to the line a lot but that's because he's a physical marvel that is almost impossible to stop from the basket without fouling, particularly when they allow him 3.5 or 4 steps. I wish they'd just change the rule to allow more steps but also call it strictly. 

I don't follow basketball at all but I do like watching when it's on so pardon any potential ignorance on my part.  But Giannis has singlehandedly got my whole Greek family into him and the Bucks for that matter.  To be able to bond with them over him is pretty awesome and it's crazy to see just how huge he is in Greece.  It's a pretty wild and special time for us and it's nice to see how far they can go.  That said I have caught what I could of the other games and there's some pretty stiff competition ahead.  So while I'm not sure how likely they are to win the championship I have a feeling they'll squeak by Celtics and we'll see how they fare past that.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Jokic might be the strangest great player ever.

He's the weird, chubby Euro that the NBA has been missing ever since Diaw retired.

25 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

He's the weird, chubby Euro that the NBA has been missing ever since Diaw retired.

Except with mvp candidate results. It's awesome

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Except with mvp candidate results. It's awesome

Diaw was born 10 years too early. I think he'd be a borderline all star today.

Boston looks... fine.

First game of this series I’ve been able to watch. It’s stressful.

So far Durant has elbowed both Harden and Paul in the head and no foul has been called. The one on Paul was intentional. 

Still feel like the Warriors are the dirtiest team in the league and don’t get called for the amount of reaching in they do and seem to get the benefit of a lot of WTF foul calls (See Looney’s four FT at the end of the half). And they whine and flop a ton. Curry and Iguodala have gone flying across the floor looking for charges and Durant’s hit the deck so many times.

I think Harden has only gone down when he gets hit after a step back three (or after getting hit in the head so hard he actually injured Durant’s elbow). Paul? He’s a flopper.

What a beat down in Toronto.  Embiid with whatever flu situation he is going through is tough to watch.Thats not an excuse.  He has to be better regardless of how sick he is.  So careless with the ball after a round and a half of passing really well out of double teams.

There was just no chance Ben Simmons was going to pick up the slack.  If he doesn’t start the season next year with some semblance of a shot I don’t even know what you can do with him.

Regardless of how this series plays out, I honestly wouldn’t mind if they maxed Jimmy, let Tobias walk, traded Simmons away for a big return and gave Brett another shot. Mike Conley and a pick?  How about a 1-year AD rental?  With AD at least you would have a chance at re-signing him if only for the fact that this would be his only shot at playing his preferred position.

To build around Simmons you need a team full of shooters.  At best he can be a knock off Giannis in the right system.  

I honestly don’t think Simmons has the want to. Or at least that doesn’t extend to all aspects of his game. Probably about time to fire your brother the shooting coach, bud.

Edited by Jrag