DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Playoffs: QUARTERFINALS

Contentious C

Not angry. You don't deserve to win giving up that many offensive rebounds and getting out hustled. Plus the 24 2nd violations in the crunch. If they are sticking with Brown they need to bring an assistant in with triangle experience. 

That’s one of the craziest game winners I have ever seen.

I don’t think the Sixers got out hustled, all that hard doubling at Kawhi really took Embiid out of position on the glass. Some big time offensive rebounds.  What a game for Serge. Great call by Nurse to go big at the end.  Although Ibaka made that decision easy with how he was shooting.

Just incredible second half shooting from both teams.  That shit was wild. Kawhi deserves every ounce of praise.

I think they might fire Brett, but I hope the Sixers run it all back and max the guys. This team with a full summer, and hopefully an improved bench, could be special.  Give Brett another go.

If they are playing the blame game... I have to say having 5 centers on the roster and not a single backup playable in this series is an indictment on the FO.

Embiid finished this series +90. Run it back.

Edited by Jrag

I like how that shot was an argument against Kawhi being a robot specifically designed to play basketball, because his teammates mobbed him and he was losing it, too.  But it's also an argument *for* him being a robot specifically designed to play basketball, because he made the damned shot.

Looking back.  That was a great moment with Gasol comforting a crying Embiid while the rest of his team celebrated.  All class.

I know I’ve already gone over this, but good god those + - numbers.  He was +10 tonight in a game they lost while playing 45 minutes. Think about that for a second.  It’s damn near impossible with how many minutes he played. First time it’s ever happened (reg season or playoffs) since they started tracking + - .

The Sixers FO somehow having 4 unplayable backup centers on a team where they could have really used some depth elsewhere.  That’s the failure this year.  I do think Brett will be the fall guy, but I thought he coached a good series considering everything.

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

All the boo boo face pics of Embiid this morning are tremendous. Great to see such a showboat eat some humble pie. Hopefully last night will help him grow as a sportsman and as a person.

Hope the loss gives him the motivation to better, smarter and stronger so he can crush the opposition and troll their lifeless bodies.

But seriously though.  Despite all the nonsense, a good portion of the league seems to like the guy as shocking as that is. He is a big goof no doubt, but not many people have bad things to say. The fans get way more upset about his theatrics than the players. (I’m sure Andre Drummond would disagree)

I wouldn’t consider him a bad sport though.  He’s willing to give credit where it’s due.  Ex: “We don’t have a rivalry with the Celtics because they always kick our ass.”

Edited by Jrag

22 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Ben Simmons is a great liability.  It's past time to talk about it.   

He's an amazing talent that can wreck shit, but he's deeply limited and might never be a good fit alongside Embiid.

You can easily imagine him thriving in a role similar to Giannis, or as a small ball point center. But Philly doesn't have the shooters and they have Embiid.

But you can't just dump Simmons for picks or whatever, because he's by far their best insurance against another catastrophic Embiid injury.