DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Playoffs: QUARTERFINALS

Contentious C

Now that we have the Eastern Conference Thunderdome we expected, what media markets are going to be clutching their pearls in 2-3 weeks?  I'm guessing Philly & Boston, since who knows what Embiid's knee will let him do against the 3 legit bigs Toronto has, and Boston's still missing Marcus Smart while Malcolm Brogdon might be back for at least some of this series.  On the other hand, if anyone can stymie Giannis, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Horford.  Just not counting on it.

• Like 1

Well Jesus, I wasn't expecting to set this up so early, but the East is all set.  

Boston/Milwaukee

Toronto/Philadelphia

Golden State should finish off the Clippers tonight.

Houston should end Utah's dreams soon.

And it looks like Denver is going to get by the toughest out in the 1st round in the Spurs.

And of course, lol, Bye OKC.  

Games start on Monday 4/29. 

2 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Now that we have the Eastern Conference Thunderdome we expected, what media markets are going to be clutching their pearls in 2-3 weeks?  I'm guessing Philly & Boston, since who knows what Embiid's knee will let him do against the 3 legit bigs Toronto has, and Boston's still missing Marcus Smart while Malcolm Brogdon might be back for at least some of this series.  On the other hand, if anyone can stymie Giannis, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Horford.  Just not counting on it.

After barely being able to jump in game 1, Embiid looked awfully bouncy in games 4 and 5.

I would guess Toronto in 7, but I would not be surprised if Philly beats them.  

Would be a little more shocked if Boston pulled it off.  

Harden has a left wrist injury. They haven’t disclosed anything but he’s been wearing a huge wrap on it. Obviously it’s been affecting his shooting. I imagine GS is going to hack the ever living shit out of him.

Whether or not Houston wins in Oakland is probably going to depend a lot on whether Scott Foster or Tony Brothers are on the court.

I only understand now that this is the wrong thread but I mean...

Pop was shouting at Aldridge over and over and over again and waving him towards Jokic. He had to have been shouting to foul, right? I certainly hope Pop doesn't go out on that weak ass shit right there.

OK, so that just happened.  Big games from Horford, Irving, and Brown; plus, the team tends to win whenever Hayward shoots a high percentage.

Can't count on making 54% from the field again, or them shooting 34%.  But, 1-0 is still 1 game closer to a series win than they are.

(Also, this is totally going to be the "thread" of mine that has the most responses, isn't it?  Thanks, I guess, Dolfan?)

Edited by Contentious C

Tame for what I was expecting. Not a good day for the Bucks second quarter aside. I don't think they need to settle and turn Giannis into a jump shooter but perhaps get some off the ball screens in order to get mismatches and chaos because it was too easy for them to seal the baseline and key in general. Defensively pretty piss poor too. Lots of adjustments needed but that was really impressive by Boston and I didn't see that ass whooping coming.

Hey if the refs were gonna be that bad they shoulda just sent Scott Foster or Tony Brothers. Don’t care got drunk on Mexican beer and got to see Rush and Cavernario and Atlantis and Kraneo and Volador Jr live at Arena México 

• Like 1

Boston guarded Giannis how most teams should; it seem very Spurs vs. Lebron-esque.  Let's see if the Bucks can adjust and Giannis can hit some jumpers.

Harden, of all players, asking for a fair chance with the refs was rich.  That said, the Warriors will likely do the same dramatics with the refs as soon as they lose a close one too.  Need the Rockets to take game 2 to keep the tension.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

The reffing was weird as hell, no question. They kept letting GSW blatantly get away with not letting shooters land, but after the technicals, they suddenly started calling the Warriors if they breathed on Houston.

Refs are absolutely going to over officiate Rockets/GSW in Game 2. I thought the no-calls on CP3 and Harden at the end were the right decisions, as they were clearly attempts to draw fouls. Both teams pretty much shot the same number of free throws though. I still want the Earth to open up and swallow both teams.

• Like 2