DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Rusev's Suit- 4/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, chanandlerbong said:

I want the IIconics to be like Honky Tonk Man at this point - super annoying, chicken-shit heels who are *just* good enough to defend themselves but really have no business winning every match but keeping doing so until the fans blow the roof off for whoever beats them. What women's tag team can be Warrior?

To be slightly pedantic, Honky didn't keep winning every match - he consistently lost by count-out or DQ. Not sure how that would go over today - they notably didn't go that route when Daniel Bryan played Honky Tonk Man in his first world title reign. He found cheap ways to win, but he did mostly win as I recall. (And the fans notably failed to blow the roof off when Sheamus finally crushed the little weasel. Of course, they made the mistake of doing it in front of a crowd of the sort of fans who wouldn't be caught dead actually engaging with the story the performers are telling.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

To be fair though, Lacey beating Becky through interference, or because Becky already had a grueling match isn't the same as Baron Corbin squashing Daniel Bryan. Also, Baron Corbin doesn't have a 'decent character', so he's not really the right male equivalent anyway. I guess the best equivalent would be something like if EC3 was number one contender to Kofi. Bad wrestler/good character, fresh call-up from NXT, new match-up. I don't really know how people would react to that. My instinct tells me they'd be a little kinder to EC3 than some people have been to Lacey.

I'm saying this as someone who is fine with Lacey getting the shot, is more concerned by Charlotte getting another match with Becky, and still wants Becky to come out of MITB as Becky 2 Belts (unless Sasha wins the briefcase and cashes in, cementing her heel turn).

I often view it through my "what happens when the bell rings" eyes. I'm not saying everyone has to be all WORKRATE but I would like to see the best possible match ups and I don't believe Lacey Evans or ECIII as your Male example is ready for that. 

• Like 1

Just caught the main on Universo. Pretty good match, Nakamura seemed inspired, especially liked those three subs with him switching every time Kofi defended against one, and of course the sliding German. Kofi's splash was cool too. Turn was expected, got the apron bomb like I wanted, but Rusev lying on the floor forever from a mere tope and the refs as always being comically late on the draw brought it down a bit. Honestly surprised that nobody got pancakes shoved in their face.

Also, Nakamura's Elvis jumpsuit is suitably sleazy

Edited by Curt McGirt