DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Rusev's Suit- 4/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

14 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

I think I'd like the Owens turn more if the writers had found some way to keep the storyline going for more than two weeks!

Yeah...the writers...That''s who are to blame...

If anything they did all they could from keeping Owens from asking to join the New Day and then turning on Kofi before he even finished the request.

Edited by sydneybrown

38 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think this was a carry job,  Bayley was fantastic tonight. 

For sure, she looked very good out there, that knee looked brutal, as did the spear. Another point of interest is that except for one house show match on Monday, that was the first time they’ve faced each other in more than two years, so it’s great to see the chemistry there but also something they can hone further with more matches.

Edited by RIShane
  • Like 2

I wonder if Charlotte loses, but leaves Becky laying, and the MITB winner runs out to cash in. Now Becky has a brand and Smackdown has a full-time champ. In that instance, Alexa would probably be best.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, just drew said:

I wonder if Charlotte loses, but leaves Becky laying, and the MITB winner runs out to cash in. Now Becky has a brand and Smackdown has a full-time champ. In that instance, Alexa would probably be best.

I brought that up in the MITB thread earlier as the best opportunity for the winner of the women's contract with Becky wrestling twice.

Edited by The Natural

23 minutes ago, just drew said:

Bliss would be the worst choice, especially having been the one to end Becky's first reign and used the MITB the same night last year. Neither of those need to happen again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Bliss would be the worst choice, especially having been the one to end Becky's first reign and used the MITB the same night last year. Neither of those need to happen again.

I get it, but Buddy Murphy is on Smackdown and they see Alexa as a star. Getting Becky to Raw to feud with Lacey and getting Alexa, Charlotte, Bayley, and Asuka feuding for the title on Smackdown helps both brands. 

8 minutes ago, just drew said:

I get it, but Buddy Murphy is on Smackdown and they see Alexa as a star. Getting Becky to Raw to feud with Lacey and getting Alexa, Charlotte, Bayley, and Asuka feuding for the title on Smackdown helps both brands. 

Except it doesn't. SDL actually has a good amount of active women. Its Raw that needs people. Alexa moving over would only hurt both divisions.

• Like 3

People sleeping on the real money development tonight...

FINALLY they decided to tap into the limitless goldmine that is a Roman vs. an evil McMahon in power storyline!  About time!!!

Internet is gonna shit when Kofi loses the title/belt/championship to Owens, and then they are gonna double shit when Owens is just a transitional champ to put it back on Roman so everything is right in the World (Wrestling Entertainment) by the time the Fox debut rolls around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

I brought that up in the MITB thread earlier as the best opportunity for the winner of the women's contract with Becky wrestling twice.

I’d go with Becky winning vs Lacey but losing vs Charlotte, (even if via Lacey interfering if they feel it’s not protected enough) because the Raw division badly needs Becky, it keeps her and Charlotte separated for months, and gives a big match to build to if Ronda doesn’t return, in addition to leaving the cash-in as an open story element rather than using it right away like last year. And hopefully in the meantime they could each help build some more stars on each brand.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Part of me wonders if KO's turn was accelerated by whatever is going on with Bryan. Any word on that situation?

Not heard anything. WWE were setting up Kevin Owens for a babyface run when he returned, those videos as the man of the people. I think WWE's turned KO back as other alternatives were ruled out. I'd have liked to see Kevin Owens as a face for a change in WWE.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, just drew said:

What? Why? For Becky/Charlotte part 19? Bayley cut a great promo and brought her working boots. Charlotte is as stale as three day old beer right now. Ugh. 

Thought they made Kofi look a bit weak. Kevin got too much in. 

I was rooting for Bayley. Hell I was rooting for the lady in the second row too. Anyone but Charlotte at this point. No offense and nothing against her but I’m over her right now, especially when you’ve got an influx of new faces to use. Whatever. 

• Like 1

I knew Owens attacking Kofi was going to happen, but I wish they milked it for a little while longer. Maybe to the night Big E returned so they could do something like IT'S BIG E AND THE BIG O. Owens flashes a smile and then BOOM. He lays out Kofi and with the help of some others, he lays out the rest of The New Day. But alas, as we know they can't do that kind of long term planning at least with Vince changing everything on the fly.

Roman and Shane btw might be the dumbest feud ever. I mean, Shane being all "thats my dad...you can't do that to him" was funny. But who on earth wants to see Shane and his shitty punches against Roman?

2 hours ago, Casey said:

You guys realize that if they're going to run Kofi/Owens at MITB, they had to pull the trigger this week since the PPV is in like... 3 weeks.

I think the argument is "they don't need to run that match yet," but I'm struggling to come up with an alternative challenger that isn't doing something else already...Orton?

KO returning to a heel character that was one of the stalest on the roster after a two month face run seems like a terrible idea. I don't buy into Kevin Owens, prize fighting ass kicking monster heel. He just doesn't have the tools necessary to pull it off. He should have been given a chance to do something with the face run instead of running through the same telegraphed turn angle we've already seen twice.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MORELOCK said:

I think the argument is "they don't need to run that match yet," but I'm struggling to come up with an alternative challenger that isn't doing something else already...Orton?

Orton is supposedly Reigns post MITB feud so I could see why they wouldn't want him losing to Kofi first

Really the only other option would have been to have it be Ali since you could have built off of Kofi acknowledging that the only reason he got his shot was because of Ali's injury. But that would required longer planning and them not having Ali lose to Finn last week (or like a half dozen other matches in previous weeks)

8 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Part of me wonders if KO's turn was accelerated by whatever is going on with Bryan. Any word on that situation?

Nothing official

That being said - there was also talk early on when Bryan was returning about him wanting to manage his workload better. So this could also be part of an unannounced vacation/rest period for him. (Since he apparently has gotten the similar deal as Orton where he gets more time off than others). 

Plus PLUS - Bryan has already made it vocal about not want to working Saudi shows so this would work to give him a mini break and then have him return post Blood Money III

The fact that nothing more about his "injury" actually leads me to think it is more the general aches and pains type (since you would figure someone would have talked to someone by now)

Of course - I fully expect to have typed all this and for Dave to post the WON tonight being all "Bryan tore his ACL!"

• Like 3

8 hours ago, just drew said:

So Alexa wins MITB and cashes in successfully the same night two years in a row? Not sure how that would go over. If folks are tired of Charlotte always at the top, that goes double for Alexa. At least most will acknowledge Charlotte is good. Alexa doesn't have that going for her.

But the only other heel for RAW's women that's viable right now is Ruby, and she needs to be rebuilt in the wake of the Riott Squad going under so much. 

• Like 2

@Nice Guy Eddie When Big E returns, he and Xavier are going to turn on Kofi and claim the New Day name for themselves and bring it back to weird charisma preacher crap it was originally. Meanwhile Kofi will fully embrace Afrofuturism and bring in Prince Nana and start dressing like Mustafa Ali's entrance. Might bring in DJZ too.

Edited by Ryan

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

KO returning to a heel character that was one of the stalest on the roster after a two month face run seems like a terrible idea. I don't buy into Kevin Owens, prize fighting ass kicking monster heel. He just doesn't have the tools necessary to pull it off. He should have been given a chance to do something with the face run instead of running through the same telegraphed turn angle we've already seen twice.

I disagree with you on not buying Owens as a heel-- which is a matter of taste, I'm not faulting you-- but I agree entirely about the babyface run. I really think there's some money in it. Not only did they miss the boat on it, but I think it actively hurts the chances it'll get over if they try it again sometime in the future. At least not without another long hiatus in between, anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

So Alexa wins MITB and cashes in successfully the same night two years in a row? Not sure how that would go over. If folks are tired of Charlotte always at the top, that goes double for Alexa. At least most will acknowledge Charlotte is good. Alexa doesn't have that going for her.

But the only other heel for RAW's women that's viable right now is Ruby, and she needs to be rebuilt in the wake of the Riott Squad going under so much. 

Ruby just jobbed to Dana Brooke on main event. Not looking so great...

• Sad 1