DVDVR Message Board

Fuck, I might actually go just to see the 3rd act on the big screen one more time.

Fuck yes. This will be the 4th time seeing it for me. 

• Like 1

It's $30M away from the All-Time worldwide take, so it should shatter that easily. 

However, it's over $105M away from Domestic all-time (Star Wars: TFA) and it's not even close to the top on Inflation-adjusted box office.

That being said, once is enough for me.  I can't sit through 3 and a half god damned hours of "waiting for Carol to remember she's OP" again.  And I liked the movie. 

• Like 2

How can it head back to theaters if it hasn't left, because again it's only been out for LESS THAN 8 WEEKS

I’ve managed not to piss myself during two showings of this. Do I chance it for a third?

• Like 1

Not to be "that guy" but wouldn't the bonus footage just be shown when it comes out on Bluray anyway?  If so then unless it's something that's a must to see on the big screen I may just wait until then.

Seeing it on such a huge screen is so cool. I may as well do it one last time just for the final battle. I think I said it before too, but this was the fastest 3 hour movie I've ever seen. It never once felt long. My daughter can barely sit through anything around 2 hours and she made it through Endgame just fine.

Anyway, I think the last time I saw it we were at the scene where Hulk snaps everyone back and I thought, shit, we're already at the end of the movie.

• Like 1

"Not an extended cut, but there will be a version going into theaters with a bit of a marketing push with a few new things at the end of the movie," Feige told ScreenRant. "If you stay and watch the movie, after the credits, there’ll be a deleted scene, a little tribute, and a few surprises."

This doesn't really sound like it's much of anything.  More or less exactly the kind of stuff I can wait for a release of, or just look up online after it happens.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The bonus footage be Kevin Feige:

tumblr_po6ukrmPrs1rteen3_540.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by The Natural

They’ll rerun the Cap PSA end credit scene,  followed by R-Truth dancing across the screen.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

How can it head back to theaters if it hasn't left, because again it's only been out for LESS THAN 8 WEEKS

It left my theater about two weeks ago.

I guess technically it's a re-expansion.

Posted (edited)

Incidentally, does anyone have a guess when Endgame comes out on Blu?

Edited by nate

August something.  Will be available Digitally on July 30th, so probably real close to then.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

August something.  Will be available Digitally on July 30th, so probably real close to then.

It's usually two or three weeks later.

By the way, I fucking hate that digital comes out earlier. I'm impatient and don't want to wait longer, but I also prefer physical media, especially since the vast majority of Blu and 4K discs include digital copies anyway. I don't get why they undercut the disc sales making the digital available earlier.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't get why they undercut the disc sales making the digital available earlier.

Rich people get stuff quicker.  That's how it always goes.

Just now, Bustronaut said:

Rich people get stuff quicker.  That's how it always goes.

Digital is usually five-ten bucks cheaper

• Like 1

Right, but better off people have the bandwidth required to stream a 4K movie, as opposed to running it via a DVD player.

1 hour ago, Bustronaut said:

Right, but better off people have the bandwidth required to stream a 4K movie, as opposed to running it via a DVD player.

Takes 25mbps to stream 4K. 

I'm not better off and my tier is 100.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Takes 25mbps to stream 4K. 

I'm not better off and my tier is 100.

VUDU requires 11mbps for UHD/4K.

On 6/22/2019 at 9:05 PM, Brian Fowler said:

VUDU requires 11mbps for UHD/4K.

I went 25 because that's what Netflix 'recommends" and most broadband companies give 50 somewhat inexpensively, but my knowledge of video streaming says that 11mbps (steady) is sufficient for that resolution.  I mean shit, 1080p only requires 6.

Posted (edited)

Marvel's Facebook page on Avengers: Endgame.

Edited by The Natural

I think studios put out the stuff digitally earlier is to help curb the piracy. My guess is because you give them the choice to pay and get it legally it'll be better for consumers who are willing to pay instead of risk pirating it. 

And thank you for the release info, I came here to ask that question. I'll wait for bluray.

• Thanks 1

So it'll reportedly be a new introduction by Anthony Russo, an unfinished deleted scene, and a sneak peak at Far From Home. Select theaters will get posters to give away of that Iron Man gauntlet art work.

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

So it'll reportedly be a new introduction by Anthony Russo, an unfinished deleted scene, and a sneak peak at Far From Home. Select theaters will get posters to give away of that Iron Man gauntlet art work.

Why do they only have one Russo?