Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

On 5/16/2019 at 3:02 PM, The Natural said:

MfuOmyDP_o.jpg

Thor with Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.

This reminds me of a little nitpick that I have with the MCU.

For all the awesomeness that was Thor Ragnarok (it's in my top 3 for sure), they kinda ignored Thor's growth in that movie; God of Lightning not God of Hammers, him losing his eye like Odin, kinda learning to be a ruler in his own way (I love that shot of him sitting down in his new ShipThrone at the end). He ends up getting his eye back pretty quickly and spends the majority of the Infinity War getting a big, badder weapon and then in Endgame he (obviously) just deals with the fallout.

Can't have everything I guess.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Endgame and Infinity War were written and shot before Ragnarok even released, weren’t they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Casey said:

Endgame and Infinity War were written and shot before Ragnarok even released, weren’t they?

Written yes, but I don't think they had wrapped. I could be wrong.

At any rate, it's not a Captain Marvel thing where they made the two in reverse order. Infinity War addresses most of the things from Ragnarok, just in a way that is less "further development" and more "return to the status quo"

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random question after watching the final battle: Where did Valkyrie get a Pegasus?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ace said:

Random question after watching the final battle: Where did Valkyrie get a Pegasus?

 

Pegasuses R Us [/Bruce Prichard]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scarjo's dressed as Okoye for that pic

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Not pictured: Scarlett Johansson 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s all of the currently alive *main* female heroes, is it not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Casey said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s all of the currently alive *main* female heroes, is it not?

And Pepper Potts, yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That seems to be everyone from the Girl Power scene, which would be why no ScarJo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:20 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Lots of great callbacks like that.

ON YOUR LEFT~!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking my daughter to see this for the third time tomorrow morning.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gatling said:

Taking my daughter to see this for the third time tomorrow morning.  

Enjoy buddy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Behind the scenes photos from the Russo Brothers shared today:

D7brphQU0AATDLy?format=jpg&name=4096x409

D7brphPU8AEeuJf?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by The Natural

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted this here with references to Tony Stark. Some new footage and action looks good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got around to seeing Endgame.  I enjoyed it a lot, but I think you could really see the seams from Marvel's "Just shoot a bunch of stuff and figure out the plot in editing" approach.  Probably could have cut about 20 minutes without losing anything crucial.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:47 PM, MarcosLoura said:

This reminds me of a little nitpick that I have with the MCU.

For all the awesomeness that was Thor Ragnarok (it's in my top 3 for sure), they kinda ignored Thor's growth in that movie; God of Lightning not God of Hammers, him losing his eye like Odin, kinda learning to be a ruler in his own way (I love that shot of him sitting down in his new ShipThrone at the end). He ends up getting his eye back pretty quickly and spends the majority of the Infinity War getting a big, badder weapon and then in Endgame he (obviously) just deals with the fallout.

Can't have everything I guess.

It worked for me because after all the development he gets in Ragnarok he immediately gets his ass handed to him by Thanos, his brother and half the Asgardians get killed.  So in IW he tries going back to what he knows (hitting things with a weapon) and, again, fails.  Endgame is then the fallout of him losing both his old and new identities.  At least that's how I saw it.

The thing that bothered me is at the end when he tells Valkyrie she's a natural leader, which isn't really supported by anything we've seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Feige wants that box office record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...