DVDVR Message Board

AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILERS

Casey

And who's going to pay to see a deleted scene that they couldn't bother spending money to finish? Especially when I've already purchased it on disc? 

I'll see FFH in a few weeks probably. And there's a big internet out there filled with Anthony Russo's voice that I don't seek out. 

Pass. 

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

And who's going to pay to see a deleted scene that they couldn't bother spending money to finish?

People who were already on the fence about seeing it again, maybe.

As it turns out, it is coming out this weekend. Both of my local cinemas are only doing one screening a day, at 8 or 8:30 at night.

What's maybe a little wild is how short the legs on this is.

Keep in mind, Captain Marvel? Still in theaters. Endgame's 8th week did about what CM's 10th did. Obviously there was a lot more front end to it but it definitely seems like a film that a lot of people made a point of seeing to wrap it up or just as a cultural thing and isn't getting the same kind of repeat love that a lot of others get.

Which, I work at a comic store and given the majority of the response has been "Yeah, it was an adequate wrap up." so maybe it's not the biggest shock that it's not engendering as many repeats as some others do. Especially since one of the big things people talk about related to it is the time commitment.

Edited by The Unholy Dragon

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

CM also wasn't competing with summer blockbusters though.

I'd hardly call it light competition. Us, Dumbo, Shazam, and Pet Semetary all dropped within a month of its release. Endgame has had slightly heavier competition, but CM held out at higher levels while competing with some of the same stuff and Endgame itself. 

This isn't an extended cut of Endgame. It's the same movie. They are just presenting it with a few special extras. Like when there's an anime premiere from Fathom Events, they will give it some cool intros or BTS features for the presentation. 

It's like when Fellowship of the Ring got an extra trailer for the Two Towers after a few months. So if you waited after the credits, you could watch the first trailer for Two Towers after the film. Remember at the time, the movie was a phenomenon and capturing the imagination of the fans. I definitely got in on it. The cut of Fellowship was exactly the same, it just tacked on an extra trailer post-credits. 

Granted the extended DVD cuts eventually did get limited theatrical releases, but that's a totally separate thing.

Edited by TheVileOne

It did $5.5 domestic for the weekend, if you are curious.

Something is wrong on BOM with it's international numbers right now, but I assume they aren't out for the weekend yet anyway.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

It did $5.5 domestic for the weekend, if you are curious.

Something is wrong on BOM with it's international numbers right now, but I assume they aren't out for the weekend yet anyway.

Looks like they are still recalculating overseas numbers.

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Looks like they are still recalculating overseas numbers.

Yeah, it's just funny, when I checked it said it's made $1.9 million foreign in it's entire run.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, twiztor said:

fuck. i want them to break that damn record.

Well, it's hard to see the squeezing out another $22 million and change without another, more successful stunt re-release.

• Dolfan in NYC unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...