DVDVR Message Board

AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILERS

Casey

On 5/16/2019 at 3:02 PM, The Natural said:

MfuOmyDP_o.jpg

Thor with Mjolnir and Stormbreaker.

This reminds me of a little nitpick that I have with the MCU.

For all the awesomeness that was Thor Ragnarok (it's in my top 3 for sure), they kinda ignored Thor's growth in that movie; God of Lightning not God of Hammers, him losing his eye like Odin, kinda learning to be a ruler in his own way (I love that shot of him sitting down in his new ShipThrone at the end). He ends up getting his eye back pretty quickly and spends the majority of the Infinity War getting a big, badder weapon and then in Endgame he (obviously) just deals with the fallout.

Can't have everything I guess.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Endgame and Infinity War were written and shot before Ragnarok even released, weren’t they?

Written yes, but I don't think they had wrapped. I could be wrong.

At any rate, it's not a Captain Marvel thing where they made the two in reverse order. Infinity War addresses most of the things from Ragnarok, just in a way that is less "further development" and more "return to the status quo"

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Not pictured: Scarlett Johansson 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s all of the currently alive *main* female heroes, is it not?

I finally got around to seeing Endgame.  I enjoyed it a lot, but I think you could really see the seams from Marvel's "Just shoot a bunch of stuff and figure out the plot in editing" approach.  Probably could have cut about 20 minutes without losing anything crucial.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:47 PM, MarcosLoura said:

This reminds me of a little nitpick that I have with the MCU.

For all the awesomeness that was Thor Ragnarok (it's in my top 3 for sure), they kinda ignored Thor's growth in that movie; God of Lightning not God of Hammers, him losing his eye like Odin, kinda learning to be a ruler in his own way (I love that shot of him sitting down in his new ShipThrone at the end). He ends up getting his eye back pretty quickly and spends the majority of the Infinity War getting a big, badder weapon and then in Endgame he (obviously) just deals with the fallout.

Can't have everything I guess.

It worked for me because after all the development he gets in Ragnarok he immediately gets his ass handed to him by Thanos, his brother and half the Asgardians get killed.  So in IW he tries going back to what he knows (hitting things with a weapon) and, again, fails.  Endgame is then the fallout of him losing both his old and new identities.  At least that's how I saw it.

The thing that bothered me is at the end when he tells Valkyrie she's a natural leader, which isn't really supported by anything we've seen.