DVDVR Message Board

AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILERS

Casey

That's what I was getting at.  What's to stop a supervillain from obtaining the infinity stones or what's to stop a hero from hopping in the time machine to get them and used them for good.  Can't use the argument that well Stark is dead.  They'd still be able to replicate what they did.  

Probably that you'd either have to convince a Sorcerer Supreme/The Ancient One to give you the Time Stone every time and/or someone you love needs to die every time you want to withdraw the Soul Stone.

• Like 1

Or go to Gardenworld and steal it off Thanos before he destroys them. Because that's the only moment at which the Gauntlet was complete, and relatively undefended.

On 5/11/2019 at 5:29 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Another thing to pile on... After the snap, the worlds infrastructure is in complete shambles. Whole cities have been abandoned. Garbage is piling up because I assume nobody can run waste management. “But GODDAMMIT, we can still fund, and maintain a memorial that has all the names of the people that have been dusted in the USA!”

Edit: @Casey That’s a good point about that. I just really disliked the scene in Japan where she let’s Clint let his steam out on the Yakuza. I’ll accept her arriving later that night while Hawkeye is stuffing his sorrows with sushi, and sake after he killed all those dudes. But to be right there while he’s continuing his fascist vigilante campaign, really upset me. They could’ve arrived to that moment cleaner than they did. Heck you could’ve done all that with Clint, but had his killings off-screen. Natasha could confront him about the issue by just dropping a news article in front of him that reads “Masked Killer Continues Terrorizing The International Mob”.

Epic Games and Fortnite are also still in business and their servers are still up and running. Cable TV is still in business too.

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Or a cosmic being powerful enough could obtain most of the other stones and go kill The Ancient One or Doctor Strange and acquire the time stone that way. 

That still leaves the Soul Stone.

16 hours ago, AxB said:

Or go to Gardenworld and steal it off Thanos before he destroys them. Because that's the only moment at which the Gauntlet was complete, and relatively undefended.

I was thinking the easiest time to do it would be right after Tony did his snap. Everybody's focused on Tony. If, let's say, T'Challa stepped up to tend to the gauntlet while others tended to Tony, nobody would think much about it. So if it turned out that was a future T'Challa coming back to borrow the gauntlet to fight future Galactus or whatever, easy peasy.

Although, thinking about it, there was a fake, complete Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's treasure room. And Hela knew what it was, and that it was fake. Which to me implies that at some point in the pre-history of the MCU, before Thor was born, someone else built a real gauntlet, collected all the stones and did... Something. And after that the stones were separated and hidden, and Odin was involved in hiding Space and Reality. Who hid the others, we don't know.

Edited by AxB
Reality, not Power
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Although, thinking about it, there was a fake, complete Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's treasure room. And Hela knew what it was, and that it was fake. Which to me implies that at some point in the pre-history of the MCU, before Thor was born, someone else built a real gauntlet, collected all the stones and did... Something. And after that the stones were separated and hidden, and Odin was involved in hiding Space and Reality. Who hid the others, we don't know.

Yeah, I'd been thinking how that brief bit in Ragnarok raised more questions than it answered. Your theory sounds reasonable, though I doubt we'll ever get an explanation on-screen.

Worthiness doesn't apply to Stormbreaker. It's just a super powerful weapon. If worthiness comes into play at all, it's the ability to summon the bifrost.

• Like 1

Totally batshit crazy theorizing I had, with respect to AxB's post about various characters already having some knowledge of the Gems.

As far as the comics go, the Gems aren't Big Bang-related; they were the product of a cosmic being that committed suicide and, in doing so, rendered the Gems into existence.  Maaaaaybe if they wanted to go that direction again, they could adapt that idea as follows:

The being in question offs itself, the Gems spring into existence, float around, have an annoying tendency to be in the middle of crazy shit, find each other again, Thanos Snap Once, Thanos Snap Twice, no more Gems.  But, the power can't just go nowhere; it can't turn in on itself and simply disappear.  Instead, perhaps they re-form into the being they once were, one who is *really really upset* to exist once again...

...and for the purposes of the next stage of the MCU, perhaps that being is Galactus?

• Like 2

The only previous meeting between Hawkeye and Black Panther, in 2016: "We haven't met yet. I'm Clint" "I don't care".

2023 T'Challa "Clint! give it to me!"

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 8:10 PM, AxB said:

The only previous meeting between Hawkeye and Black Panther, in 2016: "We haven't met yet. I'm Clint" "I don't care".

2023 T'Challa "Clint! give it to me!"

Lots of great callbacks like that.

One of my favourites was Hope calling Steve "Cap" after giving Scott shit for it in Ant-Man and The Wasp.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Lots of great callbacks like that.

One of my favourites was Hope calling Steve "Cap" after giving Scott shit for it in Ant-Man and The Wasp.

I was telling a friend of mine that I think there's probably at lease a small reference to every single MCU movie in Endgame. That's impressive.

• Like 2