DVDVR Message Board

AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILERS

Casey

Speaking of Thor, does anyone else suddenly feel a much greater urge to go to the gym now?  I mean, not that it counts for much in my case - my weightlifting friends always said, "Abs on a skinny guy don't count" - but still.  I don't want to end up looking like the CGI'd version of my birthday buddy.

• Like 1

OOOH!  And ... something I noticed, and by no means am I a language prude or anything ... but this mug had a whole lot of drops of the S-bomb.  Hell, even Mr. "Language" himself busts out an "You've gotta be shitting me*."

*In retrospect, I would have accepted this as the MCU's "I've got a bad feeling about this."

52 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Going back to unpopular entries in the franchise being revisited, I'm so happy we got the callback with Tony throwing their Age of Ultron discussion back in Steve's face. They put a perfect bow on that whole relationship in this one. 

Assuming that the Ultron project doesn't go disasterously wrong, would it have mattered much in the end when Thanos decided to head that way?

2 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

Assuming that the Ultron project doesn't go disasterously wrong, would it have mattered much in the end when Thanos decided to head that way?

Would that stop Tony from having a disproportionate feeling of responsibility? 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

Not when the real fight for everything was on Titan and had already been lost.

• Like 1

One of my most favorite things about how all this played out was the use of Nebula.  I never in a million years (after a weakened Thanos was decapitated) that the ability to obtain Nebula's memory recordings would lead to Thanos being brought back into the current timeline and it was a far more sinister Thanos because of the knowledge of how it played out the first time around.  

Avengers... Assemble..    and it's everyone we've come to know and love squaring off with Thanos army and the Black Order..   that was I believe the definition of EPIC.  

Of course Captain America wielding the hammer and nailing Thanos with a mean uppercut was right up there for mark the fuck out moments as well.  

• Like 3

On 4/27/2019 at 12:27 AM, TheVileOne said:

Carol was absolutely useless in this movie, and a jerk. 

Well, she did one cool thing I loved how she took down the big ass ship.  Other than that she was basically Wanda with a new haircut. Which is fine I guess.  This movie wasn't about her really. 

• Like 1

I saw it last night. i thought it was good. it also could have been about 45 minutes shorter. For all the hype surrounding Captain Marvel and how she is the big secret weapon that Nick Fury called in just before he vanished, she's in this movie for maybe ten minutes tops. Also since when is Captain Marvel supposed to be Superman being able to fly around in space with no helmet and stuff.

It was enjoyable. But it just dragged on and on at some points.

I just couldn't believe the demand for tickets for this movie. I can't remember a movie being so sold out of showings like this was.

9 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Useless is a weird word for somebody who both saved Stark and Nebula and then destroyed Thanos' ship but hey words don't mean anything anymore ?

Which easily could've been done a billion different ways considering how de-powered Thor and Hulk were here. 

4 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Which easily could've been done a billion different ways considering how de-powered Thor and Hulk were here. 

I guess maybe? I just find it funny that so far, despite what people feel about the character and her representation so far in the MCU, that people seem to either be upset that she's overpowered and coming in and single-handedly doing everything while at the same time people are upset that she is not more utilized. The contrast is funny to me.

Still, "useless" is some serious hyperbole.

• Like 2