DVDVR Message Board

AVENGERS ENDGAME SPOILERS

Casey

14 hours ago, AxB said:

So Loki disappearing with the Tesseract following the Battle of New York, does that mean that we're in a new timeline where the events of Dark World, Ragnarok and IW now took place without him present, or does it mean that at some point he has to go back to New York 2012, turn himself in and do everything he did in those movies to complete his destiny?

I think the idea is that Steve and Tony going back to the 70’s to nab the Tessaract from SHIELD negated Loki escaping with it, because it was never there for him to escape with.  When Steve returns it, everything will play out as it did originally because they won’t be there to muck with the timeline.

Edited by EVA
  • Thanks 1

I could tell who was really over with the audience based on who got big pops for their entrances during the final battle.

T’Challa & Co.: Huge pop

Dr. Strange:  Eh

Guardians:  Huge pop.

Spider-Man: Hugest pop

Carol swoops in to nuke everything: Crickets.

• Like 4

I don't think I can add anything that you guys haven't already said, I just wanted to say I loved it.  Having grown up in the eighties, this is exactly the kind of movie I dreamed about seeing. Incredible experience.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

I think the idea is that Steve and Tony going back to the 70’s to nab the Tessaract from SHIELD negated Loki escaping with it, because it was never there for him to escape with.  When Steve returns it, everything will play out as it did originally because they won’t be there to muck with the timeline.

But if that is the case, then the Battle of New York never happens, and so on and so forth. It's probably another one of those alternate timeline deals at this point.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

I could tell who was really over with the audience based on who got big pops for their entrances during the final battle.

T’Challa & Co.: Huge pop

Dr. Strange:  Eh

Guardians:  Huge pop.

Spider-Man: Hugest pop

Carol swoops in to nuke everything: Crickets.

Pretty much everyone got a pop in my theater besides Danvers. Spider-Man easily got the best reaction, I think because his dusting was so heartbreaking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Austin said:

Ok I have a question. During the funeral scene when they're panning back to all the characters in attendance, who is the teenager in the back? That's the only one I couldn't identify 

Same here but looked online. Harley from Iron Man 3 (2013), the kid who teamed with Tony Stark.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

My biggest question that I don't think possibly can't be answered...

Where did Rhoadie's War Machine armor for the final battle come from?

The only think I can think of is that it came in through whatever Sling Portal Pepper came through and she brought extra suits with her, since I swear I saw more than 3 Stark Suits in that clash together.

Been sitting here thinking about the dynamics of the snap. Half the world mourned. Some moved on, remarried had kids. Then out of nowhere five years later everyone comes back and to them it was only a second of time. 

World leaders gone for what they think is a second and now we have a new president. Just absolute anarchy. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ivpvideos said:

Been sitting here thinking about the dynamics of the snap. Half the world mourned. Some moved on, remarried had kids. Then out of nowhere five years later everyone comes back and to them it was only a second of time. 

World leaders gone for what they think is a second and now we have a new president. Just absolute anarchy. 

Well I mean, it's not the first time The Avengers did something without thinking it all the way through.  

EDIT: That's NOT crapping on what they did.  Just that what they did is going to have a lot of unintended consequences that is gonna require a lot of cleanup Universe-wide.  The guilt mentally destroyed the OG's, this won't be a quick fix.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Where did Rhoadie's War Machine armor for the final battle come from?

They never addressed why he went back to War Machine having been the Iron Patriot. I think with Rhodey you're just supposed to accept Tony had a contingency plan. Although how he's going to get repairs and updates from now on I don't know.

8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Well I mean, it's not the first time The Avengers did something without thinking it all the way through.  

EDIT: That's NOT crapping on what they did.  Just that what they did is going to have a lot of unintended consequences that is gonna require a lot of cleanup Universe-wide.  The guilt mentally destroyed the OG's, this won't be a quick fix.

So this is a concern for Phase 4. Either you deal with it head on or you sweep it under the rug. A lot of times in the comics, this sort of thing is swept under the rug, or it's swept after one big story exploration. In this specific case, there wasn't a five year gap and most people didn't remember. 

This served Endgame really well, but Phase 4 is going to be pretty jarring to begin with just with the removal of some of the main characters and this would be sort of a gloomy haze over everything. 

I think they actually paved over things with Tony's final voiceover. You saw Wakanda rebuilt and the assumption is that everything else more or less was as well. 

Well, the Tony replacements are already in line.  Shuri replaces the Sciencing the Hell out of Everything.  Carol replaces the Of Course I'm the Leader (and a Jerk about It).   T'Challa replaces the Everything Centers on Me as a Money-Making Plot Device and Walking Charisma Machine.  So we'll probably just see a shift in balance away from NYC being the center of the MCU and towards Wakanda.

Also, I wonder what this means in terms of their plans for the Fantastic Four, if there are any at all.  The Gauntlet was, in addition to its expected role, more or less the Ultimate Nullifier in both scope and action.  Introducing that down the line as yet another MacGuffin of Catastrophe seems like a piss-poor idea, so it makes me wonder if we'll ever see Galactus.

• Like 1

My updated countdown of the now 22 MCU movies. In spoilers for size.

22. The Incredible Hulk (2008). 

21. Thor: The Dark World (2013).

20. Iron Man 2 (2010).

19. Iron Man 3 (2013).

18. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018).

17. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017).

16. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015).

15. Captain Marvel (2019).

14. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).

13. Ant-Man (2015).

12. Thor (2011).

11. Doctor Strange (2016).

10. Black Panther (2018).

9. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011).

8. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017).

7. Thor: Ragnarok (2017).

6. Avengers: Endgame (2019).

5. Iron Man (2008).

4. Avengers: Infinity War (2018).

3. Captain America: Civil War (2016).

2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014).

1. Avengers Assemble (2012).

---

Avengers: Endgame may drop to eighth but no further than.

Edited by The Natural

3 hours ago, RandomAct said:

But if that is the case, then the Battle of New York never happens, and so on and so forth. It's probably another one of those alternate timeline deals at this point.

Wouldn’t it also nullify Mar-Vell making the jet that’s powered by the tesseract, that Danvers destroys and gains her powers from?

2 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Well, the Tony replacements are already in line.  Shuri replaces the Sciencing the Hell out of Everything.  Carol replaces the Of Course I'm the Leader (and a Jerk about It).   T'Challa replaces the Everything Centers on Me as a Money-Making Plot Device and Walking Charisma Machine.  So we'll probably just see a shift in balance away from NYC being the center of the MCU and towards Wakanda.

Also, I wonder what this means in terms of their plans for the Fantastic Four, if there are any at all.  The Gauntlet was, in addition to its expected role, more or less the Ultimate Nullifier in both scope and action.  Introducing that down the line as yet another MacGuffin of Catastrophe seems like a piss-poor idea, so it makes me wonder if we'll ever see Galactus.

For name value, Galactus would be the logical choice, but you have powerhouses like Rogue Watcher, Zom or Morg that you can use. Or they'll just have some other asshat get the stones again.

28 minutes ago, Casey said:

Wouldn’t it also nullify Mar-Vell making the jet that’s powered by the tesseract, that Danvers destroys and gains her powers from?

Cap put the stones bac,k and its an alternate timeline as it is now anyways due to their interference.

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

I wonder if doing time travel here means no Kang anytime soon.

With the way time was done here I feel like Kang is unlikely to happen at all until a reboot.

• Like 1

So I thought Kang was tied up in the Fox rights (Rama Tut). If that's the case, there's probably no plan for him in Phase 4. That said, I think he'd show up sometime after that even in a B or C movie. There are a lot of ways it could be done, like as the antagonist of a Black Knight (middle ages) or Two-Gun Kid movie come back to invade an earlier time. Or he could tie together the Disney+ What If? animated series as an antagonist at the end. 

Galactus was tied up in the Fox rights, so he’s probably not in the plans either. I doubt they’ll even have an overarching villain for the next phase(s), to be honest. They don’t really need one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Galactus was tied up in the Fox rights, so he’s probably not in the plans either. I doubt they’ll even have an overarching villain for the next phase(s), to be honest. They don’t really need one.

I don’t think they will either.  I actually think the future of the franchise is more what you’ve seen in RAGNAROK and what seems to be set up for Guardians 3:  Major characters “guest starring” in the each other’s movies,  rather than building up over the course of years toward one big team-up movie.

• Like 1