DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank X - May 19, 2019

17 minutes ago, Matt D said:

You guys did not at all prepare me for how amazing the Bayley celebration was. She was going to milk every possible photo op that she could: her back against the guard rail surrounded by women, holding up that fan's fake money in the bank case, in front of all the "hugger section" signs, deep into the crowd with the Bayley in the Bank sign with everyone chanting her name around her. All the while, the crowd continued to be super hot for her. I'm not sure I've ever quite seen anything like it. It was the world's most PG Sandman in the ECW Arena celebration.

• Haha 3

That is sort of the flip side of how amazing it was. Bayley 100% knew the rare opportunity she had here and she knew how to maximize it in a way that matters the most to the company's weird proclivities. I'm not at all convinced her picture would be up next to Brock's right now at the top of WWE.com if she hadn't positioned herself so keenly next to that sign. She basically filled out half of her HOF promo video in one five minute period. 

• Like 2

Notes from Meltzer from the radio show (I am still listening so this might be two parts)

- Tentative plan is Brock vs. Rollins at Blood Money III

- Ray/Joe was told to go home early from the back (clearly due to Joe's face exploding)

- They had debated doing a 2nd Kickoff show match (which was to be IIconics vs. Kabuki Warriors)

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

- Ray/Joe was told to go home early from the back (clearly due to Joe's face exploding)

Oh God, I thought they were past the blood shit last night, especially after Lars got busted open. Shows how much your story means to the show when they can sacrifice your match time like that.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

so they tell Rey/Joe to go early and then Joe beats up Rey after the match for a very long time?

They might as well put the title on Brock tomorrow. Or even worse Tuesday.   Everyone knows he is going to get it and keep it for as long as the UFC won't allow him to fight.  You have the fans at their most pissed off about this might as well just let it all out now.

Do you think Vince even realizes that having Brock destroy everyone in the MITB match references/reinforces the narrative of Lars destroying Lucha House Party?

Also, having the noted racist clean house on three Luchadores is quite the look.

• Like 4

My thoughts on the show.

me: can i have the steak?

WWE: we have some chicken thats pretty good

Me: ok ill try it.

*Eats chicken*

Me: hey this isnt bad, not what I wanted, but not bad, can i have some marichino cherries? Non ice cream needed.

WWE: *brings the cherries*

Me: *goes to eat the delicious cherries*

WWE: *covers them in hot coffee that no one around asked for as an old man in the owners box os like "got em"*

Me: fuck this whole show

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

Do you think Vince even realizes that having Brock destroy everyone in the MITB match references/reinforces the narrative of Lars destroying Lucha House Party?

Also, having the noted racist clean house on three Luchadores is quite the look.

Yup... But I noticed a cute little shoot/work(?) reference of the tweet Kalisto made. That’s him potatoing Lars in the head, and making him bleed.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's what I'm doing, keeping the network for nxt and NXT UK. My evening/night consisted of the nxt house show in Asbury Park and night 6 of BOSJ...and you know what? I'm in a pretty damn good mood.

Hulu is cheaper and has NXT and Takeovers, but no NXT:UK.

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

10 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I didn't bring her up in this thread,  I only replied.  But Charly name dropped her a few times and Bayley did too so...  I don't know..   maybe something is brewing

Once Sasha was brought up, I expected her to cost Bayley her cash-in.

Part of me also expected Bayley to save Becky from the Charlottes, only to then cash in on Becky.

What was with some of the officiating on this show? 

Joe gets counted down even though his shoulder was up the entire time.

Shane gets his foot on the rope and the count stops in a cage match. That one is due to booking but it's no excuse.

Lacey rolls Becky up and the ref just goes "Nah".

I wanna say with how the announcers reacted and with a replay, we were supposed to see that there was enough space for Rey to walk under Joe's shoulder in that pin.

The Becky/Lacey thing I'm guessing was Becky was supposed to roll straight through to the Disarm-her but, Lacey.

Yeah both the Rey/Joe and Shane things were part of the story. Of course - that goes to them not really agenting/laying out match order properly but that is a constant WWE problem.

7 hours ago, John Austin said:

I like that. You did a great job there

Not my work, just grabbed it from a Google image search.

23 minutes ago, Lo-Risk said:

What was with some of the officiating on this show? 

Joe gets counted down even though his shoulder was up the entire time.

Shane gets his foot on the rope and the count stops in a cage match. That one is due to booking but it's no excuse.

Lacey rolls Becky up and the ref just goes "Nah".

Two of those I agree with, but a rope break should still stop the count in almost any match. You might not be able to disqualify for not breaking, but the ropes still put you "out of bounds" so a finish can't happen.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Morganti said:

My thoughts on the show.

me: can i have the steak?

WWE: we have some chicken thats pretty good

Me: ok ill try it.

*Eats chicken*

Me: hey this isnt bad, not what I wanted, but not bad, can i have some marichino cherries? Non ice cream needed.

WWE: *brings the cherries*

Me: *goes to eat the delicious cherries*

WWE: *covers them in hot coffee that no one around asked for as an old man in the owners box os like "got em"*

Me: fuck this whole show

The fans WWE caters to: "Fuck this restaurant, it's the absolute worst!  How anyone can eat here is a mystery to me!  See you guys Monday, have my favorite table ready!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1