DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank X - May 19, 2019

did someone insinuate she was?

Brock being money in the bank winner is quite a fresh option for him in theory. In execution we all know it's simply a catapult to get him and Rollins to Saudi. I'm hoping for something different though. He looked massive, clearly back on the gear and ready to commit to wrestling for the long haul. I think some of the bad energy towards Brock is self-inflicted on WWE's part, the booking of him being this lazy mercenary has completely killed him in the eyes of the viewer. They murdered their biggest star in order to get Roman over, and it backfired massively. No-one cares. 

I'll go back and read everyone else's thoughts in a little bit, but here's some on my takeaways...

Pretty good show all told.

It's amazing. Sometimes the booking can be good. For example, in one night, they completely resurrected Bayley. Her win and her cash in got maybe the biggest reaction I've seen in a long time. So happy to see her as champion again.

Seth vs AJ was pretty good, except for AJ kicking out of an omega-level moved like the reverse superplex into whatever. 

KO vs Kofi was pretty good as well.

Fuck that Rey vs Joe finish.

The MitB match was on it's way to being the best one ever until it wasn't. Brock winning makes zero sense and is another example of this company just booking moments that make no sense for the sake of booking moments.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Kalisto was asked about Lars racist comments about Latinos.  Kalisto replied "He needs to get out of my way".   He told him. Doesn't sound pussy to me. 

Cheap-shotting a coworker on national television and not offering a solution privately is a pussy move. Especially when the entire roster is breathing down Lars' neck and calling for his head. Lars has no window for retaliation. He has been fined, and Titus and other minorities called for calm after Lars apologized. So yes, Kalisto is a little bitch and should be fined 100 grand as well.

Lars is done at this point, it doesn't matter if he apologized and offered some kind of rehabilitation and learning. This will continue to hang over his head like a dark cloud for the rest of his days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The MitB match was on it's way to being the best one ever until it wasn't. Brock winning makes zero sense and is another example of this company just booking moments that make no sense for the sake of booking moments.

The worst part of Brock winning is that Brock as MITB is flawed from the start.

Brock Lesnar's whole gimmick is "I'm only in it for the money, I only show up here because they MAKE ME, and if i'm not forced to be here, I'm not showing up."

With that in mind, if you're Seth Rollins or Kofi Kingston...or any other subsequent champion, wouldn't you hear "Brock Lesnar's in the building" and immediately KNOW "shit, he's here to cash in...fuck this shit I'm out", then just leave and let Brock's contract expire? It's not like Brock will show up every week, and so as long as whenever Brock's here, you're NOT here you can make Brock be the first MITB winner who's contract expires.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yeah,  Sasha looks real devastated ?

People can feel down about some things and still find it within herself to smile about other things. 

Have you ever met a real person? Are you botched AI?

Fuck. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

People can feel down about some things and still find it within herself to smile.

Have you ever met a person?

Fuck. 

Or they can be happy for their best friend and satisfied with their life and not "feel down" because people on the internet think they should be

• Like 1

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

Or they can be happy for their best friend and satisfied with their life and not "feel down" because people on the internet think they should be

You were using a smile to write off her Mania night boo boo face.

Of course she's happy for her friend.

Stan harder. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

It's really indicative of your character that you're not susceptible to the concept of forgiveness or redemption.

Does the guy who's always running in for the alt right dunces really want to make cheap assumptions about other people's character? 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

It's really indicative of your character that you're not susceptible to the concept of forgiveness or redemption.

There is no honor or nobility in cheap shots. Glad we settled that. 

It says a lot that you are more pissed at anyone and everyone else than at the person who went on 8-years of racist and homophobic tirades. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Nice strawman. 

This isn't the first time you've run to the guy's defense..  he didn't say one thing or a couple things or make one terrible decision.  This is who he showed himself to be for nearly a decade and I don't believe a fine and a bland PR statement wipes that away.  

• Like 2