DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank X - May 19, 2019

The Bayley win/cash in kinda felt like a big middle finger to Sasha, which made me love it even more, but I’m happy for her. She’s been bringing her working boots since January and she was as over tonight as she’s been since her main roster debut. 

I thought all the women in the ladder match worked really hard. Not hitch free, but cleaner than I was expecting. If holding Alexa out was precautionary, I get it. There were a couple spots in there where I was like “yeah, she’d have gotten hurt there.”

Seth Rollins just does nothing for me. His matches. His promos. His attempts at babyface fire. Just bland. What sucks is Brock is gonna cash in on Kofi to help Smackdown on its way to Fox, and the champ that needs replacing will still be there. The SegmentSlayer.

no complaints about the rest. Brock coming back was dumb, but we had six weeks to prove to Vince we’d watch the show with a full time champ, and we didn’t, so here comes Brock...

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, just drew said:

The Bayley win/cash in kinda felt like a big middle finger to Sasha, which made me love it even more, but I’m happy for her. She’s been bringing her working boots since January and she was as over tonight as she’s been since her main roster debut. 

I thought all the women in the ladder match worked really hard. Not hitch free, but cleaner than I was expecting. If holding Alexa out was precautionary, I get it. There were a couple spots in there where I was like “yeah, she’d have gotten hurt there.”

Seth Rollins just does nothing for me. His matches. His promos. His attempts at babyface fire. Just bland. What sucks is Brock is gonna cash in on Kofi to help Smackdown on its way to Fox, and the champ that needs replacing will still be there. The SegmentSlayer.

no complaints about the rest. Brock coming back was dumb, but we had six weeks to prove to Vince we’d watch the show with a full time champ, and we didn’t, so here comes Brock...

Fuck.

I didn't even think of that. Brock probably won't even show up until the SDL on FOX debut and then cash in to open the show or something. Or he will cash in the week before and we will get the commentary team screaming "Find out what happens next week when we debut on FOX!"

Fuck.

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I don't know if Brock vs. Rollins on the post WrestleMania XXXI RAW officially got underway.

Neither do I, now that you mention it. I don't think it did, and that's why he became a hero destroying Michael Cole.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

Neither do I, now that you mention it. I don't think it did, and that's why he became a hero destroying Michael Cole.

Yep. Booker T and JBL getting pushed under the announcers table as well.

Show killed my interest in just about everything, most especially the shitty women's division mess. Now to await Charlotte10x.

Figured Brock's cash in is a reason for a match at SaudiMania, but the SDL/Fox idea makes sense too.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

Typical WWE. Amazing talent, good matches, moments of genuine excitement and engagement like the Bayley cash-in, overshadowed by the godawful booking choices which undermine the literal blood sweat and tears from the wrestlers and the entire crew. It just needlessly leaves a sour taste in your mouth after an otherwise enjoyable show.

Also, Chris Jericho needs to go to the same place Reby Hardy needs to go to hire themselves a Twitter filter for his ill advised drunken comments. AEW will burn through their goodwill with a chunk of the more neutral fans just hoping for a viable alternative.

There's only so many times Dave can cover for Jericho's drunken shenanigans until Bork pays Chris a visit.

My emotional investment in the product is at an all time low so when Brock ran down I just laughed. To be honest, the match was one of the better ladder matches I've seen, all the transitions were smooth and everyone nailed their spots and looked great. Finn is a lunatic. Even if the ladders are gimmicked (certain ones are wooden that have aluminum coating and are painted) some of those bumps will shorten careers. 

and then I watched the Becky 24 special and remembered why I love this. Bastards. 

7 minutes ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

To be fair, Brock is 41. Jericho is 48. Isn’t Jericho vs Omega the main event of Double or Nothing? 

I would think the Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros. would be the main event.

Money In The Bank: Everyone Bleeds

Money In The Bank: Ref Botches A-Plenty

Money In The Bank: When In Doubt, Give The Belts To The Usos Or Charlotte

Money In The Bank: Make A Move! Edition Featuring Renee Young

Money In The Bank: Who Was Lucha House Party Going To Wrestle?

D6-NIKFUwAAYJZ4?format=jpg&name=large

Bayley makes history. First woman to hold the NXT Women's Championship, WWE RAW Women's Championship, WWE Women's Tag Team Championship and WWE Smackdown Live Women's Championship. Bayley also won the Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match.

• Like 6

I had to skip through some of this I just caught up.   LAUGHABLE.   Okay,   I do love Bayley winning the title and getting that great reaction.   I also thought the Seth and AJ match was pretty good and Kofi as champion I like..   

But..   LOL.       So,  about that misstep from AEW earlier?  Yeah,  forget about that.  They are fine. WWE said "hold my beer and also.. sorry I pissed on your leg.." 

• Like 1