DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank X - May 19, 2019

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Is it definitely for the titles?

The blurb on WWE.com doesn't say it is specifically a title match just that the SDL Tag Champs will do battle with the Usos

Just home from my shift. I'll have a gander now.

EDIT: You're right.

Edited by The Natural

Upon further reflection, I've changed my pick.  I want Carmella to win MITB and cash in on Becky Lynch at the end of the night.  Nobody's been screwed over more by Becky Lynch than Carmella.  She won the first women's MITB match and Lynch complained so she won it a second time and Lynch still complained.  Won the title from Charlotte Flair.  Becky Lynch couldn't take it from her and continued complaining.  Lost the title because Lynch got pinned and I don't think ever got a rematch cause Lynch jumped the line on the basis of being a terrible friend and the fans being total crybabies.  Won MMC2 to get the final spot in the Rumble and Lynch entered after her.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Carmela has also been working her ass off and improving steadily. And her and R-Truth had been one of the best acts in the company. I'd be totally down with her getting another shot as champion. 

• Like 2

Probably why they’ve kept trying her out in different roles. I’m not a big fan of Alexa, but she still has a potential to do something where she isn’t required to bump. Too bad she’s struggled in the roles they’ve given her. Last resort would be as a color woman. Maybe try her out on 205 Live, and see what she can do.

Is it time to start giving Alexa Bliss the Daniel Bryan treatment where she gets too injured that she may need to retire and just do Moment of Bliss full time.  Or at least until a doctor 100% clears her.

Yes Nikki should get her spot.  The only other option and it is a horrible one to think but whoever loses first to Becky gets thrown in

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Didn't she just recently say the sheets had it all wrong? Every other week she is out injured at some point she should consider scrapping the in-ring portion of her character before it's too late.

The women are super sensitive about the injury reports (whether they are directed by the company or not)

Both Alexa and Sasha did the I AM NOT INJURED! when they actually were

Nia Jax just yelled at someone this week who dared to say that she MIGHT be out till 2020

I'm still too traumatized by the 2010s and thought everyone was saying Nikki *BELLA* should be taking the spot.   

---

The correct answer of course, though, is Ruby should take the slot.  

And win. 

• Like 3

In fact - update from WON

UPDATE: Nikki Cross will be the replacement for Bliss. Cross defeating Raw's other women's Money in the Bank participants in a fatal four-way match on TV this week was done in the event Bliss wasn't going to get cleared and to set up a logical reason for Cross to be added.

Didnt she compete a few weeks ago? I'm super confused and annoyed as she has been getting a good amount of screen time these past weeks yet they haven't been sure if she'll be able to work MITB. Now at the last minute they're reaching for some angle to insert Cross into the picture.

8 minutes ago, AverageKong said:

Didnt she compete a few weeks ago? I'm super confused and annoyed as she has been getting a good amount of screen time these past weeks yet they haven't been sure if she'll be able to work MITB. Now at the last minute they're reaching for some angle to insert Cross into the picture.

Also from the WON update

Bliss was pulled for injury reasons, although the specific injury is unknown. We were told the injury wasn't serious and this was a precautionary call due to the nature of her being in a ladder match.

Bliss has been battling injury issues of late. She didn't wrestle on Raw nor has she wrestled on the current European tour. The Raw house shows on the tour were advertised as Becky Lynch vs. Bliss, but were changed to Lynch vs. Lacey Evans vs. Tamina in three-way matches.

19 hours ago, BEN! said:

Upon further reflection, I've changed my pick.  I want Carmella to win MITB and cash in on Becky Lynch at the end of the night.  Nobody's been screwed over more by Becky Lynch than Carmella.  She won the first women's MITB match and Lynch complained so she won it a second time and Lynch still complained.  Won the title from Charlotte Flair.  Becky Lynch couldn't take it from her and continued complaining.  Lost the title because Lynch got pinned and I don't think ever got a rematch cause Lynch jumped the line on the basis of being a terrible friend and the fans being total crybabies.  Won MMC2 to get the final spot in the Rumble and Lynch entered after her.

I agree with all this, but Carmella did get her rematch a week later vs. Charlotte in the main event of the 8/28 SDL. My favorite under the radar match of 2018 and another great example of Carmella's improvement over the past year.

Sad that Alexa's out again but glad if it's not serious. Thought she's been doing good stuff again lately and her recent match vs. Naomi was fun. 

Edited by DreamBroken